• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
htcrnp.jpg

BROOMFIELD, Colo. - Scouts across Colorado are working together to find a trailer that was stolen earlier this week and that’s used to serve hundreds of scouts during a yearly camp.

Ken Kinnard owns the trailer and said the trailer is valued at around $8,000, but the contents inside are priceless.

“There’s 25 years of blood, sweat and love that went into this program for this youth,” said Kinnard. It’s taken decades to collect all of the cooking gear that was inside the trailer when it was stolen, Kinnard said.

The gear is used to cook for the 600 cub and Boy Scouts who attend the yearly Weeblos Weekend.

This June, they celebrate the camp’s 40th anniversary.

“We’re just sick that it got taken,” said Kinnard.

Kinnard reported the theft to Broomfield police on Thursday, but thinks the trailer may have been stolen on Monday night.

A spokesperson for the Broomfield Police Dept. tells Denver7 they’ve had at least three reports of trailer thefts in the past month or so.

They are currently investigating whether they believe any of the thefts are connected.

“What I would like to see is even a tip, an anonymous tip to say, ‘here’s your gear, we dumped it’,” he said.

Kinnard shared his post on Facebook and other social media sites.

He said thousands of scouts around the state have joined in on spreading the news to help track down the trailer or any information regarding who may have taken it.

As for the potential thief or thieves, Kinnard has this message:

“You can have the trailer, [but] give me my gear,” he said.

Kinnard said people are already volunteering their services to help make up for the loss in next month’s camp.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-contained-priceless-items-used-for-june-camp

There are shitty people everywhere.

Heck, there are even a few here, at DD. Hard to believe, but we know it's true.

I'm not mentioning names.

Gahhhhhh, PLEASE don't derail my thread!!!

There are shitty people everywhere.

Heck, there are even a few here, at DD. Hard to believe, but we know it's true.

I'm not mentioning names.

what does this have to do with the kiddos or their stolen trailer?

http://www.9news.com/mb/news/local/...boy-scouts-after-original-is-stolen/162493268

BROOMFIELD - A couple of good Samaritans came to the rescue for a group of Cub Scouts whose trailer was stolen ahead of an annual cooking event that 600 people are slated to attend.
The trailer, which was parked in a storage lot in Broomfield at the time it was stolen, housed cooking gear including hand built, 20-year-old stoves and cookers.
The stoves were set to cook for the 600 people who planned to attend the annual event the first weekend after Memorial Day.
Ken Kinnard, the chair of the 40th annual Gateway District Webelos Weekend Camping Event, said since news started spreading about the stolen trailer, many people have reached out to offer their services to help the event go on as planned.
On Saturday, a couple in the Denver metro, Carl and Julie, contacted Kinnard after seeing that the trailer was stolen on the news.
Carl, a former scout himself, found a trailer on the internet and offered to purchase it for the Webelos.
By noon on Saturday, Kinnard was on his way to pick up the scout’s new Webelos Weekend Workhouse.
“The support from our wonderful community is unbelievable,” Kinnard said.
He says they've had so much support and donations that they'll also be able to replace all of the items that were inside the trailer.

Back