• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A father is accused abusing and killing his 11-week-old daughter, according to Archdale Police.

Police charged 23-year-old Shamus Patrick King with murder. He is being held in Randolph County Detention Facility without bond.

Investigators say baby Harper died after suspected abuse from her father.

"You don't realize how big of a hole something makes until it's gone and that hole is sitting there," says Brian Van Kirk, Harper's grandfather.

Van Kirk says Harper's organs were donated. One child has her liver, another has her heart.

"She's saved lives," he says. "She's a superhero."

Police say medical personnel at Wake Forest Baptist Health contacted them after receiving Harper as a patient last weekend. The hospital said Harper had injuries consistent with possible child abuse.

The child was listed in critical condition, and on Wednesday, police confirmed she had died. A cause of death has not been released at this time.
harpernew_1506627704457_11257581_ver1.0.png
1622845430535.png

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/crime...1-week-old-daughter-archdale-police/479128850

Harper You are a precious Angel that is truly A "Superhero".

harpernew10_1506627494934_11257395_ver1.0.png

Last edited:
I always said I would come back after death
Not anymore. I want to never come back to this world That baby was so Innocent
Like all the others
Fuck these basterds
They have no souls

March 6, 2018

A murder charge against a Triad father in the death of his 11-week-old daughter has been dropped. New Randolph County Court documents reveal baby Harper King died of a rare medical condition. Her father, 23-year-old Shamus King was released from jail Monday.

King was arrested by Archdale police in late September. He was in jail for more than 5 months, only being released after the murder charge was dismissed.

Initially investigators thought the injuries indicated shaken baby syndrome. Court documents say the prosecuting attorney received information from a pathologist at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Monday at 11 a.m. that baby Harper suffered from a rare medical condition that caused blood clots to travel to her brain and heart.

The document also states the condition was "not obvious and was only determined by the pathologist after months of study and examination of tissue slides from Harper King's autopsy."

Randolph County District Attorney Andrew Gregson says he's never seen a case like this before. As soon as his found out about the medical condition, he dropped the charge against King.

"In this country it's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty," says Keith Ayotte, one of Harper's grandfathers.

Ayotte's daughter is Harper's mother. He told WFMY News 2 he had always been skeptical Shamus was involved in his granddaughter's death. He says Shamus served several years in the U.S. Marine Corps and was honorably discharged before coming back to North Carolina.

"I don't even know how to wrap my head around somebody being accused of something so brutal and sitting in jail for 5 or 6 months just waiting," Ayotte explains. "His life was basically on hold."

Ayotte says he spoke to Shamus while he was in jail.

"Shamus kept his head up and was 100% he was going to be cleared in this and he was."

Ayotte worries the truth might have come too little, too late for Shamus. He says the initial reports of his arrest spread like wildfire on social media. He thinks Shamus is due an apology.

"My granddaughter is the only one that freed him. She spoke beyond the grave and gave the pathologist the strength to find what was going on with her."

Harper's step-grandfather Brian Van Kirk, spoke with WFMY News 2 after Harper's passing.

"We are glad that he's innocent," Van Kirk said over the phone. "We are glad she didn't die the way we were told she did."

Van Kirk told WFMY News 2 in September that Harper's organs were donated, calling her a "superhero."

WFMY also spoke with King's attorney, Taylor Brown. He says King has maintained his innocence from day one. But, it took this discovery from a medical examiner to free him of first degree murder.

"We were fortunate enough to have a pathologist who understood that, and was brave and have to contact the DAs office and inform and assistant district attorney here in town that, this could not have been not accidental, and it was in fact something that was genetically natural," said Brown.
http://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...iad-dad-in-death-of-his-daughter/83-526294744
28871879_765376147000223_7829695339211192307_n.jpg

Poor baby and poor Dad. I’m glad it wasn’t abuse. RIP Harper <3

Gotta wonder how often this occurs.

This pathologist should travel the country training others.
[doublepost=1520749307,1520749229][/doublepost]
The piece of shit will not be facing the death penalty for killing Harper.

22365508_703631843174654_4864129749457116210_n.png

Correct, he will not receive any punishment for killing the girl actually...because he didn't kill her.
[doublepost=1520749630][/doublepost]
I would club him like a baby harp seal.
That vacant cunt face.

See this is the problem with so many users here basing their comments on a persons physical appearance. See it alllll the fucking time across various threads. It's understandable to wish death upon someone after reading a story and/or seeing charges that leads us to believe they did something horrible. The story can and as we see here, does change. What doesnt change, is a persons physical appearance. You can come back and say, "well i suppose I was wrong, i know longer wish to club the guy to death." But nothing changes your feelings about his face having "cunt-like" qualities. His face still looks the same, you finding him to appear "vacant" doesnt go away. You made your feelings towards his physical appearance known an now it turns out you've cruelly insulted someone for no good reason.

See this is the problem with so many users here basing their comments on a persons physical appearance. See it alllll the fucking time across various threads. It's understandable to wish death upon someone after reading a story and/or seeing charges that leads us to believe they did something horrible. The story can and as we see here, does change. What doesnt change, is a persons physical appearance. You can come back and say, "well i suppose I was wrong, i know longer wish to club the guy to death." But nothing changes your feelings about his face having "cunt-like" qualities. His face still looks the same, you finding him to appear "vacant" doesnt go away. You made your feelings towards his physical appearance known an now it turns out you've cruelly insulted someone for no good reason.
Like I give a wet fart over insulting an accused killers looks.
Get off the high horse.
You are not exactly Gandhi or the Dalai Lama with some of the stuff you spew.
Consistency.
It matters.

Now since he is innocent, terrific!
Pretty rare occurrance and he shall hopefully return to his life.
That does not however invalidate his vacant look.
It does however explain and give it context in this instance.

Last edited:
Back