• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/0...-service-dog-next-to-student-in-yearbook.html

It shows Presley, a service dog, and the photo in West Monroe’s Good Hope Middle School yearbook has been drawing a lot of attention since it started bouncing around the internet last week.

The 5-year-old golden doodle shows up in the yearbook next to her owner Joseph “Seph” Ware, a 14-year-old Good Hope seventh-grader diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. The student relies on Presley to help him get around.

“We’re kind of stunned at all the attention,” the boy’s mom, Lori Ware, told FoxNews.com Friday. “It’s humbling. I’m glad Presley is making the world happy.”

Ware, 52, said her son has been drawing a paw print when classmates ask him to sign their yearbooks on behalf of Presley.

“He’s loving it,” she said of her son.

Presley has been at Seph’s side since she was a small puppy.

When picture day came around, school officials wanted to include the dog in the yearbook with the other students, Al.com reported this week.

Ware said her son's response was, “why not.”

“Seph says that it took about 10 minutes to get Presley to look at the camera - and who knows how many shots,” she told Al.com.

Duchenne muscular dystrophy is a genetic condition that causes progressive muscle weakness. People diagnosed with the condition are usually confined to a wheelchair by the time they are teens.

Good Hope students love having Presley around, Ware said.

“They aren’t supposed to pet her, but they sneak pets in the hallways after classes,” she told FoxNews.com. “And if Presley hears someone say, ‘Oh, look at the pretty puppy,' she perks right up because she knows she’s pretty.”

1462550943958.jpg

Nice!

In other dog news our new puppy is stupid sitting here chewing on a metal baseball bat, until about seven seconds ago...and chewed a hole in the couch...(which is kind of good because I want a new one)

That is a straight up Golden Retriever-not a Golden Doodle. Goldens are my fave <3

It is always a bit unpredictable what part of the heritage will come to expression with a cross. If they know one of the parents is a poodle, the description is correct, even if the pooch looks like a pure golden retriever.

I have an Australian Shepherd, Lab mix, and he looks pure Aussie, except for the fact he loves to lay in mud puddles and carry and chew sticks. Gets them stuck in his teeth pretty regularly.

Back