• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police in Wheat Ridge are looking for two robbery suspects accused of shooting a service dog as she attempted to defend her owner inside a hotel room last Friday.

The 10-year-old dog, named Nalla, survived but one of her legs had to be amputated, police say.

The robbery occurred November 10 at the American Motel near Interstate 70 and Kipling Street in Wheat Ridge.

Around 11:30 p.m., police say a man and a woman broke into the victims' room where Deanna Rodrock and her niece were fast asleep.

The male suspect shot Nalla when the dog began defending her owner against the attack.

“The male came right up to me. He held the gun to my face, told me, 'I want your money and your pills, whatever you have!’” Rodrock said.

When she told him she didn't have cash, he pistol-whipped her. At the same time, Rodrock said the female assailant forced her niece to the floor and held a gun to her head.

That’s when Nalla, a pit bull mix, leaped into action.

“She got him pretty good in the arm and the leg, and he shot her,” Rodrock said.

Still, Nalla and Stella, the family’s other dog, went after the suspects as they fled with her personal belongings down the hallway.

Shortly after the suspects leave the hotel, Wheat Ridge Police arrive on scene, where officers found the injured Nalla in the hotel’s parking lot.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/service-dog-shot-during-hotel-robbery-in-wheat-ridge
service-dog_1510948471561_71904034_ver1.0_640_480.png

Police in Wheat Ridge announced Tuesday the arrest of two suspects in connection with a November 10 hotel robbery in which a service dog was shot.

Jasmine Martinez, 24, and Jemelle Charles Adams, 30, are accused of shooting Nalla, a 10-year-old pit bull mix, as she attempted to defend her owner from the two alleged robbers inside the Wheat Ridge hotel room.

The two suspects are facing several charges including aggravated robbery and first-degree burglary. Adams is facing an additional charge of cruelty to animals.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...vice-dog-shot-in-hotel-robbery-in-wheat-ridge
dogshot_1512506063076_73623600_ver1.0_640_480.png

April 25, 2019
A man accused of shooting a service dog during a robbery at a Wheat Ridge motel has been sentenced to 25 years in prison, according to the First Judicial District Attorney's Office.

While trying to get pills and money from two women in a motel room, Wheat Ridge police said Jemelle Charles Adams and Jasmine Nicole Martinez barged into their room at the American Motel just before midnight in November 2017.
Adams pleaded guilty to two aggravated robbery charges.

Martinez was sentenced last November to 10 years in prison. She pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit aggravated robbery.

Back