• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Rogers babysitter pleaded not guilty to felony manslaughter in the death of an infant she was caring for.

Melissa Garcia-Rivera entered the plea Thursday morning. She has been held in the Benton County Jail on a $50,000 bond since her arrest in October.

A police report says an 8-month-old girl died under her watch.

Garcia-Rivera's fiance brought the infant to Mercy Hospital. The child was deceased upon arrival.

Medical staff told police the child had a temperature of 100.5 degrees, and her clothes were soaked in a liquid they believed was sweat.

When police interviewed Garcia-Rivera, she initially told police she had laid the child down for a nap, and when she returned she was not breathing. She later told police she was frustrated with the child because they wold not go to sleep. She said she initially laid a pillow and a blanket over the child's lower body. When the child pushed up, she said she threw a second pillow on top of the first one.

A day later, Garcia-Rivera reached out to police and told them she thought the officer used techniques to make her say something that wasn't true. She said she covered the child with a blanket, with only the ear and cheek exposed and used the pillows to lay next to the child.
http://www.4029tv.com/article/are-you-giving-your-children-too-many-toys/14376750
melissa-garcia-rivera-1512668697.png

I guess it's a good thing he did make you say something, if he hadn't, you wouldn't have told the truth, would you?

Asking questions during an interrogation is a devil of a technique.
You would be astounded what youcan get people to say.
It is so gosh darned unfair and tricksy.
:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

She's lucky.

If I was the interrogating officer, it would involved a pair of pliers and her finger nails.

Maybe there was no blanket, maybe she put her out in the car because she wouldn't be quiet?
I don't know, but me and my rusty trusty pliers would find out.

@cubby @Keepalowprofile @Brillig
March 27th 2018

A 21-year-old woman has been sentenced to five years in prison after she pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death of an 8-month-old girl she was babysitting.

Melissa Garcia-Rivera admitted in court Monday that she placed 7 pounds of pillows and blankets on top of 8-month-old Maisy Lane Hummer, which caused her death.

A probable cause affidavit says Garcia-Rivera told authorities that she placed Maisy in a toddler bed and put the pillows and blankets on top of her. The affidavit says the baby wasn't breathing when Garcia-Rivera checked on her an hour later.

Garcia-Rivera said in court that she didn't intend to harm the baby, and she apologized to the girl's parents.
https://katv.com/news/local/woman-21-sentenced-to-5-years-in-prison-for-infants-death

Last edited:
That is an utterly adorable baby. Too bad the parents didn't hire someone more competent to watch her.

Also, she is a super old looking 21. She could easily pass for 35.

Last edited:
Back