• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
Sad and weird. Surveillance pics at link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...death-kenny-chesney-concert-article-1.2280617

Police are looking for a man (l.) and woman in connection with the death of Benito Enriquez (r.), 31, in Washington.

A last-minute errand to buy shirts for his young daughters after a Kenny Chesney concert in Seattle is the last thing Benito Enriquez did before being beaten to death.

Surveillance footage obtained by Seattle police retraces Enriquez’s steps near the CenturyLink stadium that ended with a deadly encounter with a suspect in a white T-shirt, who has evaded capture and identification since last Saturday's attack.

The 30-year-old Federal Way resident worked as a nurse for mentally ill patients, the Seattle Times reported.

“My heart is totally destroyed,” the victim’s mother, Christina Enriquez, told KING-TV at a celebration of her only son’s life on Thursday.

“He did not deserve this,” she said.

It’s not clear what led to the fight between Enriquez and the suspect, who was also wearing a backwards trucker hat, just after 9 p.m. on Saturday, but it left him with a severe head wound. He later died at the hospital.

Enriquez and the suspect were shown in a video walking beside each other and a woman. He was expected to meet friends shortly after picking up concert shirts for his 6- and 8-year-old daughters. Those friends arrived to a rendezvous point only to find a crime scene.

“He was a wonderful father to our children and he will be truly missed,” his wife, Bailey, told the Times in a brief statement by text message.​

Too close to home. Literally. I hope they find the assholes fast. That's so fucked up. They girls may never want another shirt again. To be killed while on a being a good dad errand.....traumatic. Wonder what caused this......probably nothing. :(

Enriquez and the suspect were shown in a video walking beside each other and a woman.

Walking beside like how strnagers heading in the same direction do, or were they walking together? Def appears they're walking together, as if they know one another. Fishy business afoot no doubt.

Attempted robbery, some drunk dipshit making trouble and resulting in tragedy, or drug deal gone wrong?

One thing is for sure, the blonds rack looks quite massive in that security pic.

Oh and Kenny Chesney sucks.

Truly bizarre, what's up with country concerts being so violent the past couple of years? :bored:
All the exposure that the bro-country music has brought the genre. If you went to a concert 5 years ago, it was a bunch of rednecks singing along now there's this weird cross-section of people that don't mix well.

Guys who have watched too much Dukes or don't realize it was a fictional TV show, and too many broads who saw a hay bale on the way to buy their new cowboy boots at the mall looking like they fell in a vat at the Cover Girl factory claiming to be "country". Same skanks who like to rub up on the married and otherwise taken men at concerts, very uncool, very un-country too.

I was at a Tyler Farr/Brantley Gilbert concert last year and some drunk fuck was trying to get through the crowd and when he couldn't get past me (trapped like sardines, I couldn't move) he grabbed ahold of me and tried to physically throw me out of the way. It didn't end well for him, missed the whole show, I on the other hand had a great view of the stage.

While I love the country artists of then and now, I'll be very excited when country isn't cool anymore and my concerts are safer again.

That's why I like Death Metal ... peaceful ... friendly.. just an all around warm feeling :D

... and this is tragic.

While I love the country artists of then and now, I'll be very excited when country isn't cool anymore and my concerts are safer again.

I've never had an issue at smaller shows. Seen the great(and current living greatest)Hayes Carll several times, either at small theaters(that featured bars) or straight country bars, prob only 150-200 people in attendance tops and that's being quite generous at each show. Very pleasant crowds and experiences. Your underrated, underknown, more niche artists tend to attract a more thoughtful and intelligent crowd, one that actually comes for the music and not just for an excuse to party and make a ruckus.

Your underrated, underknown, more niche artists tend to attract a more thoughtful and intelligent crowd, one that actually comes for the music and not just for an excuse to party and make a ruckus
Agreed.

I've seen some shows where the artist still hadn't hit it real big yet and it was all about the music. They were great shows. The artists are huge today and I wouldn't go back to one of their shows even though they are great singers, I can't handle the crowds and how the people act at then.

Forgive me if I sound cynical and jaded, but....this REALLY sounds like a drug deal gone wrong! Then again, I AM a member of DD......;)

his REALLY sounds like a drug deal gone wrong!
It could have just have easily been t-shirts, those stupid things are expensive and if he was trying to get them from some strangers on the street, he may have just basically announced to the wrong people that he had cash on him. they say, "sure, some guy I know is selling them, just follow me into this dark alley". That and I think a real druggie would buy his shit before the concert.:spy:

Dudebros in backward ball caps could be wiped off the earth Holocaust-style and I wouldn't blink a fuckin' eye.

And, yeah, that broad's tits are gigantic, unless the first shot's angle is playing tricks.

Back