• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
A woman whose husband had just overdosed in their Staten Island home was so worried responding cops would find their stash of heroin that she snorted it — and then overdosed as well.

Scott Bevard, 44, and his wife, Lori Gallo-Bevard, 40, nearly died in their Oakwood Heights house Saturday morning, during a weekend of overdoses on Staten Island that killed two people and hospitalized five more.

“He was talking, and he just stopped in midsentence. I came out of the bedroom and he was OD’d on the couch,” Gallo-Bevard told the Daily News Monday in an exclusive interview

Gallo-Bevard called cops but was afraid of getting busted. She was unaware of a state law that protects 911callers reporting an OD.

“I found the stuff he used. I hid it because I was afraid of the cops,” she said.

Both had used heroin in the past, and she had the anti-overdose medicine naloxone in the house. But Gallo-Bevard was panicking.

"I tried to give him Narcan, but I broke three bottles," she said. "I performed CPR till the ambulance got here."

Police and medics arrived in time to administer naloxone, sources said.

...As medics worked on her husband, Gallo-Bevard scooped up three glassine envelopes of heroin, ran into the bathroom, and flushed two of them, sources said.

She snorted the third — and lost consciousness.

Police and medics used naloxone to revive her as well, and took both to Staten Island University Hospital for treatment.

Bevard, a contractor, is back at work, and his wife, a stay-at-home-mom on disability benefits, lived to see their children another day.

"It was a relapse. We were doing so good. We hadn't used in years," she said.

But stress after the death of her dad on Aug. 16 was too much for the couple to bear, she said.

Citywide, 14 other people suffered ODs over the weekend, three of them fatal, police sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/staten-island-woman-ods-medics-revive-husband-article-1.3631767

In the arse or in her snatch?

She snorted it????????
Did not see that coming.
Well I guess its tough letting drugs go to waste.
Especially if you know the stuff my require naloxone handy.

He might wanna rethink he being calm cool and collected in a crisis next time.
Also no way in hell they just got back on it with the naloxone handy.
They are experienced.

I pity their kids if they have any.

I have a cousin who's a detective in the drug and gang task force, somehow awhile back we got the topic of Naloxone was brought up and he said he didn't want to waste his on a junkie and the kids would be better off without them. I jumped his ass and asked him why the eff was he still a cop, he said that if I knew what he saw everyday I'd understand. At the time I thought I'd NEVER feel that way. Now I've never touched the crap or even seen the crap but I've lost 4 childhood friends to the crap. Two years and a shit ton of heartbreaking stories later, I totally understand what he said.

I have a cousin who's a detective in the drug and gang task force, somehow awhile back we got the topic of Naloxone was brought up and he said he didn't want to waste his on a junkie and the kids would be better off without them. I jumped his ass and asked him why the eff was he still a cop, he said that if I knew what he saw everyday I'd understand. At the time I thought I'd NEVER feel that way. Now I've never touched the crap or even seen the crap but I've lost 4 childhood friends to the crap. Two years and a shit ton of heartbreaking stories later, I totally understand what he said.

I don't even understand wtf you are saying here. You lost 4 friends to heroin overdoses yet you understand and agree with a cop who won't administer narcan?

So you wanted your friends to die rather than be saved? WTF is wrong with you?

I don't even understand wtf you are saying here. You lost 4 friends to heroin overdoses yet you understand and agree with a cop who won't administer narcan?

So you wanted your friends to die rather than be saved? WTF is wrong with you?
Not sure what your problem is but, if you read it again you'll see it only says understand and not agree. My friends had people who tried to help them, sadly they didn't take the help, and luckily they only killed themselves and didn't take innocent people with them. Read some more heroine overdose stories on here after your done reading about all the scarred for life or dead children, ask yourself how many times should a cop go to the same persons house to revive them instead of fighting crime. If you think I'm a bitch for that... Sorry not sorry!

Didn't mean to imply you were a bitch I was just totally confused by your response, thank you for clarifying.

How many times should a cop revive the same addict? I don't know, however long he works a job in public safety I guess. I understand it is a frustrating situation but I disagree with a first responder playing god on whether a addict's life is worthy of norcan.

Back