• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
He would be entitled IN COURT, but obviously they didn't go there. As I said, I think he should have, but whatever.

No, he is not entitled just "in court", he is entitled period. That was his daughter. Sending her to live with a stranger (to her) in another state is a bizarre choice. Under the rationale used in the explanation provided, if the adoptive mother had died, the adoptive father would not get custody because it is a small town that doesn't like single fathers, which is absurd.

So he was supposed to go snatch her or something? Is that what you're saying?
Did he never see his daughter? Did he not have shared custody, or at least visitation? They were divorced, there would have been a parenting plan laying all that out. Was he unaware his daughter was being sent away to live with a stranger before it happened?

I wondered if this was a story where mother had recently obtained custody of the child. So many of that type of story on DD. A recap, few extra details.
http://jewishworldreview.com/0817/reunited_then_murdered.php3
Ruud and her boyfriend slept in a converted metal building, like a barn, the deputy wrote in the affidavit. Savannah slept beside them in a camper with a broken air conditioner.

"Savannah's inability to adapt to life on the farm" became a growing irritant to Ruud, according to the affidavit.

Eventually, she worried that the cost of caring for the girl would cost her the farm.

"It's to the point that I either need more help to care for her, or I can do nothing with her," Ruud allegedly wrote to Savannah's adoptive mother in late June, a few weeks before the girl disappeared.

Dumping the girl back with her adoptive mother was not an option?
The adoptive mother must have been really sick of the poor girl. She barely checked on her. "Everything was good on Facebook!"

Did he never see his daughter? Did he not have shared custody, or at least visitation? They were divorced, there would have been a parenting plan laying all that out. Was he unaware his daughter was being sent away to live with a stranger before it happened?

I have no idea other than what my friend has been told, which was dad was planning to go for custody once he was married.

I also know that dad's facebook is entirely dedicated to raising money for and building a faith-based ranch for victims of trafficking, so basically he has given no real media quotes that I know of.

Last edited:
At 16 all he had to do is say "hey kid, wanna come live with dad?" Her mom would have to fight it.

Nobody gave a fuck about this kid.

No, he is not entitled just "in court", he is entitled period. That was his daughter. Sending her to live with a stranger (to her) in another state is a bizarre choice. Under the rationale used in the explanation provided, if the adoptive mother had died, the adoptive father would not get custody because it is a small town that doesn't like single fathers, which is absurd.
I lived in minnesota. Back woods thinking.
It is possible the adoptive mother didnt give him a choice. Calling tbe police wouldn't have helped.
Im blaming the two mothers here.

Several searches of the property turned up human teeth, a meat grinder, a knife and 26 bottles of lye, which can be used to accelerate the breakdown of bodily tissue, according to court documents. Human bone fragments were found in a field about 400 yards (365 meters) from the home on Aug. 4. During that search, Ruud and her husband left the farm and got married.

A meat grinder, a knife and 26 bottles of lye? WTF! Glad they were not successful in their attempts at gone girl.

How sick do you have to be to participate in the gruesome attempted elimination of your own child?

Sick enough to think leaving the farm during an active search for your daughter to get married is a good move.

Last edited:
http://jewishworldreview.com/0817/reunited_then_murdered.php3

Dumping the girl back with her adoptive mother was not an option?
The adoptive mother must have been really sick of the poor girl. She barely checked on her. "Everything was good on Facebook!"

The adoptive parents (both of them) should have been checking on her, and asking her how she was doing. She could have disclosed that she was facing harsh discipline and extremely spartan living conditions.

She lived, slept and studied on a property with a generator providing the only electricity,and a well pump for water.

Ruud and her boyfriend slept in a converted metal building, like a barn, the deputy wrote in the affidavit. Savannah slept beside them in a camper with a broken air conditioner.

This had to have been a huge change from what she was used to. Any child would find such a drastic change challenging, but autistic kids often have extreme difficulty accepting changes. I wonder if the adoptive parents knew how bad the living conditions there would be? If they cared about her at all, they should have checked.

"Savannah's inability to adapt to life on the farm" became a growing irritant to Ruud, according to the affidavit.

So the autistic girl could not adapt to the changes.

"It's to the point that I either need more help to care for her, or I can do nothing with her," Ruud allegedly wrote to Savannah's adoptive mother in late June, a few weeks before the girl disappeared.

So the adoptive mother KNEW there were problems, but still did nothing to take Savannah back or otherwise resolve the situation!?!

All the adults here failed this special needs child. It appears none of them wanted her, or truly cared about her welfare, they all cared about themselves more and Savannah paid the ultimate price.

It is so sad that this young lady probably longed for a relationship with her mother and that she was killed and discarded.

savanah-and-tamile-leckie_1502376211097_10230380_ver1-0.jpg

[doublepost=1506057476,1505526923][/doublepost]
4490685A00000578-4907656-image-a-16_1506024413458.jpg
44906CF300000578-4907656-image-a-17_1506024413459.jpg

A southwest Missouri husband and wife have been indicted in the killing of the woman's biological teenage daughter, who had recently moved in with them after spending most of her life with an adoptive family in Minnesota.

The indictment replaces identical charges filed last month against Ruud. Peat hadn't previously been charged.

They got married and stopped by the public defender's office in a neighboring county seeking representation, even though they hadn't been charged or questioned.

Reed said he thinks they married so they couldn't' be forced to testify against one another, although that privilege doesn't apply when the victim is younger than 18.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uple-indicted-death-womans-teen-daughter.html

Leckie-Montague, who lives in the Minneapolis suburb of Columbia Heights, told authorities that Ruud 'continually complained' about how Savannah acted on the farm and the time and money it took to care for the girl, according to the probable cause statement.

A bench trial has been rescheduled for an Ozark County woman facing criminal charges in the death of her daughter more than four years ago.

Rebecca Ruud, arrested in July 2017 in the death of her daughter Savannah Leckie, originally had a bench trial scheduled for March 7. Her bench trial is now scheduled to begin June 27 in Greene County, per court records.

Ruud faces several criminal charges in the death of her child. Prosecutors have charged her with first-degree and second-degree murder, abuse or neglect of a child, tampering with physical evidence and abandonment of a corpse.

Ruud was supposed to go on trial last May. However, attorneys raised a question about a recording in which prosecutors say she admits to some of the crimes to a third party.

Investigators say Leckie disappeared in Ozark County in July 2017. When she was first reported missing, Ruud told everyone she thought her daughter ran away. Volunteers in the Theodosia area spent several days searching for Leckie.

The Missouri Supreme Court has ruled against Ruud’s fight to suppress a recording entered as evidence. The bench trial is expected to take place in Greene County.

Monday the murder trial for an Ozark County woman started in Greene County.

Rebecca Ruud is charged with first-degree murder for killing her daughter, 16-year-old Savannah Leckie, then burning her body.

A recording of what Ruud said she did had everyone’s attention in the courtroom.

“Savannah and I had an unconditional love,” said Ruud.

Ruud told authorities Leckie ran away from their home in Theodosia in July 2017. A few weeks later investigators found the child’s remains in a burn pile on the property where she lived with Ruud and Ruud’s boyfriend Robert Peats Jr.

Leckie came from Minnesota to live with Ruud in Missouri, a few years after her adopted parents, Tamille and David Leckie divorced.

Ruud says Leckie was a troubled child.

“A couple of days before Savannah left she tried to throw herself into the fire,” she said.

Sometime after Leckie’s remains were found Ruud sought council. She recorded the conversation with details about what she said she did. Ruud tried to get thrown out of court. The Missouri State Supreme Court rendered a decision to allow the recording to be admitted as evidence.

The attorney asked, “Did Savannah kill herself?”

“I don’t know what she used. I checked with the doctor because my pain prescription was gone but the doctor said that it wasn’t enough,” she replied, indicating that Leckie overdosed.

Her story that Leckie ran away quickly changed.

“You wrap her in a blanket,” said the attorney.

“And I go up to the fire that we were just around. I put her on the coals. I spent almost all night just piling everything on,” interrupted Ruud.

In addition to the blanket, Ruud says she included Leckie’s computer bag.

The attorney asked, “What about this computer bag?”

“Because nobody would believe she left on her own without it,” she said.

That’s when Ruud says she reported her daughter missing.

“I called Tamille and I put it on Facebook and called the sheriff’s department,” she said.

The attorney asked, “The report went out on the 20th of July?

“She killed herself the night before,” said Ruud. “I showered, made coffee, and tried to put myself together.”

For weeks Ruud says she tried to keep the ruse of her daughter’s disappearance going.

She asked, “What do you recommend?”

“Well, like I said, I think you’re going to be arrested. That’s just my gut feeling,” replied the attorney.

“I fully expect that,” said Ruud.

A woman was acquitted of murdering her 16-year-old daughter. Rebecca Ruud, 39, had Savannah Leckie, 16, move back in with her years after giving her up for adoption to a close friend, but she ended up killing the girl and burning her body after subjecting her to physical abuse, say prosecutors in Ozark County, Missouri.
In this bench trial, Judge Calvin Ray Holden acquitted Ruud of murder in the first degree, abuse or neglect of a child, murder in the second degree, and tampering with evidence. But he did find her guilty of abandonment of a corpse.
Citing jailhouse informants, the state said that Ruud admitted to drugging her daughter and burning the body while the teenager was still alive. Defense lawyer Yvette Renee Duvall dismissed the informants as making “fantastical stories.”

Brown said the murder followed a long-term pattern of the mother abusing the daughter by making her go through a hog pen, hosing her down outside, making her jump in a pond, and taking away her guinea pigs.

“This is indicative of a total disregard for humanity, for empathy, and compassion,” he said. He called Ruud a “possessed, evil person with evil intent.”

That's insane. What an horrifically unfair outcome. She murdered her poor daughter in cold blood and got away with it. Every single adult in her life failed this poor girl... her bio-mom and the assholes who adopted her then sent her away when she became inconvenient. Monsters, all of them.

Rebecca Ruud, the Missouri woman acquitted of murdering her 16-year-old daughter Savannah Leckie, was sentenced on Thursday to time served for a count of abandonment of a corpse. She received a four-year prison sentence but got credit for time-served at almost 1,800 days, according to KY3. That means she is free.

Back