• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Saudi prince is EXECUTED after admitting shooting a man dead during a brawl
  • Prince Turki bin Saud al-Kabir was executed in the Saudi capital Riyadh
  • It is rare for members of the royal family to be put to death in the country
  • The Prince shot another man dead on a brawl in Riyadh three years ago
A Saudi Arabian prince has been put to death after he shot another man dead a man during a brawl, the country's interior ministry has said.

Prince Turki bin Saud al-Kabir was executed in the Saudi capital Riyadh, where the brawl took place three years ago.

[...]

Sources in the country said it is rare for royal family members to be put to death, but the interior ministry said the Saudi government was 'keen to preserve security and achieve justice'.

The prince had previously pleaded guilty to killing his victim, young Saudi man Adel bin Suleiman bin Abdul Karim Mohaimeed, during a fight between a group of men.

[...]

Among Saudi royals who have been put to death was Faisal bin Musaid al Saud, who assassinated his uncle, King Faisal, in 1975.
[snip]
Link

--Al

Mmm. They kept the details rather quiet - then again, he was a member of their illustrious and numerous 'royal' family.

Maybe I'm overly cynical but I call bullshit on his execution. He's probably chilling out as we speak in a cushy holiday home somewhere in Europe, under an assumed name. No way they hacked his head off or popped one in his brain.

I'm just surprised that the victim's family had the balls to refuse compensation and refused to forgive him. They must have some serious influence themselves to go up against one of the thousand princes from that lot.

Back