• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
It's scary to think how many people like this are in positions of authority, walking among us, like Frank Eugene Bybee here.

He met the 79 year old victim seemingly by chance - he responded to a call she made to the Sheriff’s Office for assistance. He quickly infiltrated his way into her life, and began taking advantage of her.

An 18-year veteran of the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office was arrested Monday morning and charged with the attempted murder of a 79-year-old woman.

Deputy Frank Eugene Bybee, 46, of Sarasota, also was charged with battery of a victim 65 and older; burglary of an occupied dwelling; exploitation of the elderly; two counts of grand theft; forgery and petit theft. He declined to speak with detectives following his arrest and is being held at the Sarasota County Jail on bonds totaling more than $1 million.

"If you didn't do anything wrong as a cop and you have reasons why you didn't do anything wrong… having that opportunity to talk to people you work with is a huge story itself," Sheriff Thomas Knight said during a press conference at the Sheriff's Office. "That he didn't want to talk to them - he invoked his rights - he's a criminal."

Fuck yeah, Sheriff Knight! I love this quote.

The Sheriff's Office began an Internal Affairs investigation Dec. 20, 2016 when a 79-year-old woman reported that Bybee had been harassing her.

According to Sarasota County sheriff's arrest reports:

Bybee befriended the elderly woman after she called the Sheriff's Office for help on Oct. 21, 2016. The patrol deputy transferred her to Sarasota Memorial Hospital and he prayed with her before he left, the investigation found.

Bybee reportedly began visiting the woman regularly while on- and off-duty, and introduced the woman to his family, including his three children.

Knight said the deputy showed up in uniform to gain the woman's trust.

About two months later, the woman reported to deputies that Bybee had inserted himself into her personal life and had become too controlling. She asked the Sheriff's Office for help severing the relationship with the deputy.

While she was hospitalized, the woman said Bybee took possession of her two-year-old Yorkshire Terrier and agreed to care for it. He communicated with her via phone calls, text messages and regular visits.

Knight said he sent her a picture of himself holding the dog named "J.J." close.

The woman told detectives that the deputy was to care for the dog while she was away, but he was not entitled to keep or sell it. She provided $1,000 to Bybee to cover veterinarian visits and grooming fees while he temporarily cared for the pet.

Bybee told detectives in an interview Jan. 16 that the money was to cover the cost of "boarding" the dog. He admitted he had posted and "rehomed" the Yorkie on Craigslist. The dog's current whereabouts are unknown.

On Jan. 9, detectives intercepted an envelope delivered to the Sheriff's Office at 2071 Ringling Blvd. and discovered four checks made out to Bybee and his three children for $65,000.

Analysts found a fingerprint on the back of a check written to Bybee's youngest son, which was determined to be from the deputy's right index finger, according to the arrest reports.

The Sheriff's Office immediately placed Bybee on administrative leave.

The woman said the signatures on the checks were not consistent with the way she signs them and that she did not intend to give Bybee any money.

Three days later, according to the Sheriff's Office, Bybee returned to the woman's home and attempted to kill her. On Jan. 12, she called 911 to report that Bybee had entered her house through an unlocked door wearing dark clothes and blue latex gloves. The deputy was reportedly agitated because he had been placed on administrative leave, she stated. While she was in a chair, Bybee grabbed her face with his gloved hand causing her to bleed. He forced an unknown white pill into her mouth, authorities reported.

The woman said she resisted until she lost consciousness.

When she awoke he was gone. She walked to the kitchen where she saw the kitchen door leading to the garage open. Her car was running and carbon monoxide was filling her home.

She summoned help.

An examination found lacerations, abrasions and bruises to her face and body. The Sheriff's Office executed a search warrant that obtained cell phone data, photographs, security video and latex gloves.

Knight said the investigation concluded Bybee attempted to kill the woman and stage a suicide. Bybee was arrested at 7 a.m. Monday and paperwork initiated to terminate his employment.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20170123/sarasota-sheriffs-deputy-charged-with-attempted-murder

According to the article linked above, Bybee had more than his fair share of run ins with the department prior to this final career kamikaze stunt. There have been multiple IA investigations, a demotion, and he even has a pending civil lawsuit naming Sheriff Knight as one of the litigants... good times.

Here's hoping they build a rock solid case, and take this asshole down.

well, I'm glad she is alive and I hope she finds her darn dog, what a pos but in this case they are going for him so that is a good thing

Oh my God, what an asshole. Elderly and pet abuse really get to me, this is a double whammy. I'm sure he sold the dog to finagle even more money.

They could take his electronic devices and find where the dog is. They would do it if it were a child.

Chances are, Because it's a dog, they won't go to the trouble.

Luckily, she had more sense than he was giving her credit for. :finger: Luckily, she survived her encounter with this filthy cop.

I hate cops sometimes ... I hate this one. Poor lady ... i bet she is kind of scared of all cops now ... even the ones that are there to help she'll be giving them the side eye, knowing that not all of them are trust worthy.

well, I'm glad she is alive and I hope she finds her darn dog, what a pos but in this case they are going for him so that is a good thing

As a resident of Sarasota, detectives found her dog JJ on Monday and returned him. We have good police officers in Sarasota, this bad apple is the exception. He's exactly where he belongs.

Last edited:
Chances are, Because it's a dog, they won't go to the trouble.[/QUOTE]

I think their lines are gonna get blasted out now which will give them more incentive, people are ito their pets and the idea of something lie this, once again he is a pos[/QUOTE]
And, I'm right! They found and returned her dog to her, once again he is a true poopstai asswipe
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry..._us_58877771e4b096b4a234a34a?section=us_crime

[doublepost=1485320129][/doublepost]
As a resident of Sarasota, detectives found her dog JJ on Monday and returned him. We have good police officers in Sarasota, this bad apple is the exception. He's exactly where he belongs.
didn't see this until just then, good job, for some reason when you originally replied I saw my quote the nothing, lol, but then new system has been doing some unique merging here

Last edited:
Hoorah for the recovered pooch!
Hoorah for her surviving Officer "Bye Bae's" murder attempt.
Hoorah for the Sheriff calling him out for the dirtbbag her is.
Hoorah for firing his sorry ass and not just "administrative leave" horseshyte.
Hoorah for every shitty thing that this ball sack has coming to him.
He earned every last bit of it.

On Jan. 12, she called 911 to report that Bybee had entered her house through an unlocked door wearing dark clothes and blue latex gloves. The deputy was reportedly agitated because he had been placed on administrative leave, she stated. While she was in a chair, Bybee grabbed her face with his gloved hand causing her to bleed. He forced an unknown white pill into her mouth, authorities reported.
What. The. Everlasting. Fuck.

Seriously. What the fuck else was he up to everyday in uniform?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ole-her-dog-and-tried-to-kill-her-police-say/

More detail on the attempted murder after the department started investigating and put him on leave...
Knight says his department launched an internal investigation of Bybee, who had been disciplined before for dishonesty.

As they were drilling into the details, an envelope with Bybee’s name on it showed up in the mail at the sheriff’s office on Jan. 9.

Inside was a $50,000 check made out to Bybee and a check for each of his three children for $5,000 apiece. The woman told investigators she didn’t write them. They weren’t in her handwriting, she said, and she never used her middle name when she signed for things.

The investigation intensified. Bybee was placed on leave. The allegations, if true, would end his law enforcement career and land him in jail.

That’s when investigators said they believe that Bybee tried to cover his tracks and silence the primary witness in his case.

Three days after the checks showed up at the sheriff’s office headquarters, the woman was sitting in her living room when she heard someone come through the unlocked front door.

It was Bybee, she later told investigators. He was wearing dark clothes and had on blue latex gloves. He “was agitated and angry with her because her complaint against him led him to be placed on administrative leave from the Sarasota county Sheriff’s Office,” court documents say.

He grabbed her face with his gloved hand, making her bleed, the documents say. He put his knee in her pelvic area, pinning her to the chair, and tried to force a pill in her mouth — prescription medication that she used to fall asleep.

She fought back, but lost consciousness.

When she woke up, Bybee was gone, and her home was warm. She staggered into the kitchen, “which was very hot,” the documents say. That’s when she noticed the door to the garage was open, and her Toyota Camry was running.

“The roll down garage door was closed and the garage and residence had filled with carbon monoxide,” the affidavit says.

The woman survived, and called police. Bybee was arrested Monday and charged with attempted murder, exploitation of the elderly, grand theft, burglary and battery. He made his first appearance Monday morning, and his bail was set at more than $1 million. It was unclear whether he had obtained an attorney.

Jesus. See this is what I was talking about. I was lucky in my CPS career and worked with (mostly) officers and deputies who were in the job for the right reason...but there are always at least one or two of the "other kind", i.e., those in it for the "badge bunnies" and the rotten ones in it for the ability to exercise supreme power and control over others and/or bully others and get by with it. The #2 type just make me say, "Ick. I hope you catch something that sets you on fire every single time you pee!" but the #3's are pathetic subhuman beings who should rot in a cell where they can't hurt anybody else. This dude is SOOOO a #3! My only question is why he got by for it for so long?! Glad they are dealing with it appropriately now, but...with all his previous shit....where there is that much smoke, there is fire.

Thank you so much crabbysam! I was dreading clicking on this thread again, what fantastic news!

POS judge just deduced his bail, this mf should be in jail until he is sentenced and belongs in prison, fuck him with someone elses dildo
http://wfla.com/2017/02/07/judge-re...ota-deputy-jailed-on-attempted-murder-charge/
Sarasota, Fla. (WFLA) — A judge on Tuesday reduced bond for a former Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office deputy who is in jail, accused of attempted murder

Frankie Bybee appeared in court on Tuesday to ask a judge to have his $1,030,000 bond reduced.

The former deputy is accused of attempted murder. Officials say he attempted to defraud a 79-year-old woman, sold her dog on Craigslist, and tried to kill her.

Tuesday in court, Bybee’s defense attorney worked to discredit the state’s account.

Defense attorney Charles Britt called up witnesses who said the alleged victim has a history of lying and cannot be trusted.

Britt also called upon Frankie Bybee’s wife, Heike, who said she did not know the victim and her husband is not a flight risk.

In the biggest moment of testimony, the state called up a sheriff’s office forensic expert who testified that he examined a suicide note allegedly written by the victim and emailed to a doctor. The forensic expert testified that the IP address showed the email was sent from a computer at Bybee’s home.

The defense argued that Bybee’s wife checked this week, and the home IP address is different from the one listed in the suicide email.

The state countered that IP addresses can be changed.

The Sarasota County sheriff’s office said that Bybee was charged late Tuesday evening with six new felonies to include four counts of criminal use of personal identification and two counts of accessing a computer or electronic device without authority.

After a bond hearing that lasted more than two hours, the judge reduced Bybee’s bond from $1,030,000 to $365,620 and ordered that he be placed on house arrest if he makes bond.

As of Wednesday afternoon, the six new felonies increased Bybee’s bond by $9,000, bringing it to $380,120.

"If you didn't do anything wrong as a cop and you have reasons why you didn't do anything wrong… having that opportunity to talk to people you work with is a huge story itself," Sheriff Thomas Knight said during a press conference at the Sheriff's Office. "That he didn't want to talk to them - he invoked his rights - he's a criminal."

Nice to know this backwoods hick sherriff equally dispenses his brand of unfair, guilty until proven innocent, what you don't say will be used against you, form of justice.

those in it for the "badge bunnies" and the rotten ones in it for the ability to exercise supreme power and control over others and/or bully others and get by with it. The #2 type just make me say, "Ick. I hope you catch something that sets you on fire every single time you pee!"

What's wrong with someone choosing their profession in order to get tail? Millions of people across hundreds of various career fields use such a motivator as a major and even primary reason for pursuing their respective fields. Honestly no matter what ones job, one of the primary drivers for ANYONE to strive for success is to increase their chances of getting a quality mate. Not sure why anyone would have such a negative reaction to such a practice, unless they were pathetically burned and hilariously played by such a badass cop. Prob should get over yourself and not blame others for your poor relationship choices.

Nice to know this backwoods hick sherriff equally dispenses his brand of unfair, guilty until proven innocent, what you don't say will be used against you, form of justice.

What's wrong with someone choosing their profession in order to get tail? Millions of people across hundreds of various career fields use such a motivator as a major and even primary reason for pursuing their respective fields. Honestly no matter what ones job, one of the primary drivers for ANYONE to strive for success is to increase their chances of getting a quality mate. Not sure why anyone would have such a negative reaction to such a practice, unless they were pathetically burned and hilariously played by such a badass cop. Prob should get over yourself and not blame others for your poor relationship choices.

Well, Hell. Why do you think I chose teaching?

What's wrong with someone choosing their profession in order to get tail? Millions of people across hundreds of various career fields use such a motivator as a major and even primary reason for pursuing their respective fields.

You are so right, Jack. Lots of school teachers, scoutmasters, clowns, etc choose their fields so they can be close to the kiddies they hope to get tail from.
As a rule, I don't think many normal people choose a profession just to get laid.

You are so right, Jack. Lots of school teachers, scoutmasters, clowns, etc choose their fields so they can be close to the kiddies they hope to get tail from.
As a rule, I don't think many normal people choose a profession just to get laid.

What's with this idiotic, "just cuz there's a minority of exceptions to sometjhing, i should cling to it as ultimate proof that my absurd viewpoint is not incorrect"?

Anyways, a desire for a partner or to simply impress folks is for a fact a major motivator. This is sociological fact here, no room for arguments. Sorry about your ignorance.
[doublepost=1487040681,1487040638][/doublepost]
Well, Hell. Why do you think I chose teaching?

Same reason most people do, summers/weekends/holidays/week or two in winter and spring off.

Teachers got it fucking made in the shade.

What's with this idiotic, "just cuz there's a minority of exceptions to sometjhing, i should cling to it as ultimate proof that my absurd viewpoint is not incorrect"?

Anyways, a desire for a partner or to simply impress folks is for a fact a major motivator. This is sociological fact here, no room for arguments. Sorry about your ignorance.
[doublepost=1487040681,1487040638][/doublepost]

Same reason most people do, summers/weekends/holidays/week or two in winter and spring off.

Teachers got it fucking made in the shade.

You forgot the awesome pay ;), and all of the hours we work "off the clock" for the benefit of our students, phone calls and emails with parents on my personal time, and the occasional family who challenges your every attempt to help their children.

Psst-even if you opt for year-round pay, you are still only paid for 10 months of work. So if you are like me...POOR...you work in the summers, too. :)

I do it because I love teaching and because I love these children. If you are in it for the fat check, hot sex and awesome vacay, you may want to rethink.

*the more you know*

Sentenced to 15 years. Wish it was longer.

Former Sarasota County Sheriff’s deputy Frank Bybee has now found himself on the other side of the law. He has been sentenced to 15 years in state prison.

This comes after he was found guilty of kidnapping and exploiting an elderly woman.

Frank Bybee was a respected sheriff’s deputy and a decorated military veteran. He sat in handcuffs while his now ex-wife sobbed three rows back. This man who once was sworn to protect the public was now paying for his mistakes.

“You’ll forever be known as a bad cop….your name will forever be infamous in Sarasota County and probably points beyond,” said Judge Donald Mason.

Prosecutors say he stole thousands of dollars from a woman he befriended on the job.

After he was sentenced, Bybee left the courtroom in tears and mouthed “I love you” to his ex-wife. Sheriff Tom Knight is thankful this chapter is over.

“We said back then we knew he was a criminal and he got what he deserved today. He’s out of the community, he embarrassed law enforcement, he embarrassed the sheriff’s office and he’s wrecked his life and he’s wrecked the life of his family,” said Knight.

The sheriff said this is a reminder the badge should not be taken lightly

“The worst about it is there’s no winners in this. We get a bad cop out of our uniform, we protect the integrity of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office on our own with our detectives but the losers here are his children, and that’s what’s truly sad about this,” said Knight.

His three boys will spend the next 15 years without their father.

“He’s not gonna get a chance to see them become young men and that’s devastating,” said Defense Attorney Ronald Kurpiers.

http://wfla.com/2017/11/09/former-s...y-frank-bybee-sentenced-for-kidnapping-fraud/

“His three boys will spend the next 15 years without their father.“

...and be known as the sons of a dirty cop. Sucks that they have to carry this around with them. Bet he never considered that when he was fucking up his life.

“He’s not gonna get a chance to see them become young men and that’s devastating,” said Defense Attorney Ronald Kurpiers.
His children's shame and humiliation is even more devastating.
It's their job, but it must be hard for a defense attorney to say that kind of bullshit. Well, some defense attorneys. I'm sure others are really into the legal mind game and don't care.

Back