• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A British woman working for a Santa Safari tour company has been stabbed to death in Lapland.

The 26-year-old, understood to be from Scotland, was found dead in the village of Kuttanen in Finland on Saturday.

Lapland Police said her 36-year-old Czech boyfriend fled on a dog sled and a manhunt was launched involving snow scooters and a helicopter.

The man was found a few hours later in the wilderness, in temperatures of -30C, and taken to hospital.

After treatment he was taken into police custody on suspicion of killing the woman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38208324

Stabs her
Lives in Kuttanen...cut, an in?
Flees on dog sled..impressive.
At least tracking in the snow is easy enough.

Note to all Scottish women looking for love.
Come to Canada.
I will only stab you with my meat pogo,
and I promise you will not die as a result.
unless you kill yourself due to guilt

A Czech man has been found guilty of murdering a Scottish tour guide in Lapland, a region of northern Finland.

Karel Frybl denied murder, claiming he had a temporary mental breakdown when he stabbed Rebecca Johnson, from Fife.

Since the trial ended in August, Frybl had been undergoing psychiatric tests. Those tests found he was in full control of his actions.

Anyone found guilty of murder in Lapland receives a mandatory life sentence in prison.

In practice this means at least 12 years - but has to meet a legal threshold of being premeditated, or particularly brutal or sustained.

Last year, prosecutor Juhani Maki told the court in in Rovaniemi that some of Ms Johnson's wounds were inflicted either when her back was turned to Mr Frybl as the attack began or when she was trying to escape from their cabin.

The trial was told there was a history of verbal and physical abuse in the relationship.

WhatsApp messages from Ms Johnson to her sister were read out in court, in which her sister urged her to report him to his employers, adding: "This will escalate and he may end up killing you."

When arrested Mr Frybl was found to have two stab wounds to his stomach, which prosecutors claim were self-inflicted.

Mr Frybl's lawyer suggested he was instead stabbed by Ms Johnson.

Frybl's defence was that he suffered a blackout during the killing and did not remember it.

He said he had had a few other blackouts before.

However, the psychiatric tests did not agree with his defence.

The court found the attack was particularly brutal, which meets the threshold for murder under Finnish law.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-43085154

Back