• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
The party is definitely over for two Ohio men who allegedly beat a woman to death and then "partied" for two days with her body tucked away in a closet.

Kyle Starkey and Ryan McBride have been charged with the murder of Starkey’s girlfriend Mandy M. Gottschalk, which Ashtabula County Prosecuting Attorney Nicholas Iarocci called"one of the most brutal beatings and murders" he's seen in his tenure.

Authorities said Gottschalk and Starkey shared a home in Ashtabula, Ohio and last month Starkey brutally beat his victim to death as McBride watched. The two men then hid her body in a closet and "partied" for a few days, Iarocci said.

Starkey then moved her body and buried her in a shallow grave near the house. An autopsy shows Gottschalk's cause of death was blunt trauma.

On Tuesday a grand jury indicted Starkey of murder, felonious assault, tampering with evidence, gross abuse of a corpse, and domestic violence, the office said. McBride was charged with tampering with evidence and gross abuse of a corpse.
[...]
"My office, on behalf of the victim Mandy Gottschalk and her family and friends, will ensure that Starkey, and McBride for that matter, are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," the prosecutor said in a statement.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ohio-men-kill-women-party-days-cops-article-1.2347560

Last edited:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that drugs are involved in Starkey and McBride's lives...

I don't understand any of it. How/WHY would you sit there and watch a man beat a woman to fucking DEATH,and then party with her dead body in the next room? Why the fuck would he beat her to death anyways? Why wouldn't the friend stop him? Are people just to goddamned stupid to break up with each other anymore?

Kyle Starkey was sentenced to 18 years to life for beating his girlfriend to death in August 2015.

Starkey, 26,was found guilty of murder, felonious assault, domestic violence and tampering with evidence.

On Friday, Ashtabula County Prosecutor Nicholas Iarocci asked for the maximum sentence possible.

"Kyle Starkey took the life of Mandy Gottschalk and he has traumatized the Gottschalk family and traumatized the community," he said.

Starkey was accused of breaking though the door and beating the 36-year-old Mandy Gottschalk, his then-girlfriend, to death at the Washington Avenue house they shared on Aug. 15, 2015. Witness Ryan McBride of North Kingsville testified he saw the fatal attack, helped hide the woman’s body in a closet for days then helped bury her in a shallow grave near the abandoned Zehrco Plastics factory near the house.

Judge Gary L. Yost asked Starkey if he had anything to say and the defendant declined.

"No your honor," he said.

Yost and the attorneys agreed that the domestic violence and felonious assault charges would be merged into the murder charge because all came from the same set of actions. They also agreed that the tampering with evidence charge would remain a separate.

Yost then sentenced Starkey to the maximum penalty of 15 years to life on the murder charge and three years on the tampering with evidence charge that stemmed from his acts in disposing of Gottschalk's body and evidence surrounding the case.

Starkey is already serving a 35-year sentence for rape, kidnapping and other charges, so Yost had to decide whether the sentences would be served concurrently or consecutively.

"I do find consecutive sentences should be imposed," Yost said.

Journalists are so fucking lazy, they just casually mention the existing 35 year sentence for rape and kidnapping and don't even vaguely offer details of that separate case.

In a note, a woman told a judge Wednesday she thought she was going to die when Kyle M. W. Starkey beat, kidnapped and repeatedly raped her in 2013.

[...]

Shortly thereafter, the victim heard Common Pleas Judge Marianne Sezon sentence Starkey to a total of 35 years in prison — 20 of those years will be served without parole, she said. The sentence consists of 10 years for the kidnapping, 20 years for the rape, three years for the felonious assault and 2 years for intimidation of a witness. Starkey stared straight ahead, showing no emotion as the sentence was read.

“I lived in complete fear; afraid for my life, helpless and degraded,” the victim’s note said. “I know he would have killed me ... I still worry he will hunt me down and kill me when he gets out of jail.

“I was too afraid to tell police; I felt helpless and defeated,” the note said. “Since the other incident, I felt safe enough to report it.”

[...]

Calling the case “brutal” and noting “the victim suffered immensely,” County Prosecutor Nicholas Iarocci had asked the judge prior to rendering her sentence to send Starkey to prison for a total of 50 years.

Sezon said Starkey’s previous violent criminal record and that he showed no remorse influenced her decision.

[...]

After only two hours of deliberation on July 1, a jury found Starkey, 26, guilty of three counts of kidnapping, a first-degree felony; two counts of rape, a first-degree felony; two counts of felonious assault, a second-degree felony; one count of intimidation of a witness, a third-degree felony, and one count of domestic violence, a first-degree misdemeanor.

[...]

Prosecutors told jurors Starkey restrained the victim’s liberty, threatened her with a knife and repeatedly sexual assaulted her in the bedroom of her home in Wooster and again at a motel at Geneva-on-the-Lake on Aug. 7-8, 2013. He terrorized her both days with threats of bodily harm and death, prosecutors said.

[...]

While testifying in his own defense, Starkey said the victim was his girlfriend at the time. He planned to break up with her because he caught her cutting herself on the morning of Aug. 7, 2013 in the bathroom of her home, where he had been living for about eight months. He decided to end the relationship on a positive note with an overnight trip to Geneva-on-the-Lake.

Per Due said the victim was emotionally unstable
and a woman scorned and the photographs of her injuries were altered. He also focused on her opportunities to get away.

http://www.starbeacon.com/news/loca...cle_5ada0d25-0bad-5367-8c6e-9a77246fee8a.html

It's clearly the victims who are unstable, not the violent rapey murderer's fault at all :rolleyes:

http://www.starbeacon.com/news/star...cle_174bb44a-3fd1-11e6-8ec3-9b5515e4d20f.html

JEFFERSON — A man set to stand trial for murder is now facing life in prison after being found guilty of beating and sexually assaulting a former girlfriend while holding her captive for two days.

After about two hours of deliberation Friday, a jury found Kyle M.W. Starkey, 26, of Ashtabula, guilty of three counts of kidnapping, a first-degree felony; two counts of rape, a first-degree felony; two counts of felonious assault, a second-degree felony; one count of intimidation of a witness, a third-degree felony, and one count of domestic violence, a first-degree misdemeanor.
Post automatically merged:

Journalists are so fucking lazy, they just casually mention the existing 35 year sentence for rape and kidnapping and don't even vaguely offer details of that separate case.

http://www.starbeacon.com/news/loca...cle_5ada0d25-0bad-5367-8c6e-9a77246fee8a.html

It's clearly the victims who are unstable, not the violent rapey murderer's fault at all :rolleyes:
Sorry just found same article.. helps if I would have read ahead

Last edited:
Back