• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
I feel like this has been posted already but it's just becoming a recurring theme. Makes you wonder how many people live like this, and force children to endure environments like this, that haven't been busted yet.

Gross pics of the house at link, if you're curious.

luiYacW.jpg

WINTER HAVEN, FL (WFLA) — A Polk County couple has been arrested on drug and child neglect charges after police found two children living in deplorable conditions inside the home.

Winter Haven Police say they responded to the home of Ashley and Richard Barnett on Sunday after receiving a tip of possible narcotics use and child neglect. Upon arrival, police say they found 26-year-old Ashley Barnett in the home with a two and four-year-old living in horrific conditions.

The home, which did not have running water, had a strong odor of rotten food and feces.

Police say the mattresses were completely covered in brown stains without any sheets. Trash littered the floors and bags of garbage were piled throughout the residence along with rotting food shoved into the corners. Police say there was hardly any edible food in the home.

Brown smudges on the walls were determined to be feces smeared throughout the residence, police say. The bathroom toilet was full of feces and the bathtub held about two inches of water with dead and live roaches floating in the water.

As officers walked the home, they say they discovered several baggies with white residue identified as methamphetamine, glass pipes and a small butane torch were found on a bed. Additional drugs and paraphernalia were located inside of the laundry room.

Barnett was placed under arrest and when asked about her husband who also lives there, she stated he was out retrieving water, but had been gone for three hours. He was eventually located at another residence and placed under arrest.

The children are being cared for by a family member.

http://wfla.com/2016/05/23/police-children-living-in-home-filled-with-feces-no-food-or-water/

A family member is caring for the kids? Good to hear. But has this family member or members, been involved in getting the police into this matter prior til now?

Basically, I'm wondering if they are a bunch of enablers who aren't much of an improvement from this couple, or whether the old 'apple never falls far from its tree' analogy is wrong in this families case, and these two filthy fuckers really are the errant pair, whilst the rest of the family are normal, decent people who have a grasp of basic hygiene concepts.

Otherwise, its just out of the frying pan and into the fire for the poor kids.

I feel sorry for the landlord if they rented. The lot the house sits on is worth more than the house.

It's the story I posted that you're recalling. Also in florida. Also children involved. Also a shit filled house.
Yeah. Florida sucks.

It's the story I posted that you're recalling. Also in florida. Also children involved. Also a shit filled house.
Yeah. Florida sucks.

Yep. I don't understand how people in Florida can live with no electricity or running water and just be OK with that. I've had to do that short term (utilities were knocked out by hurricanes years ago and it took time to fix because so many areas were extensively damaged) and it's RIDICULOUS. Super hot and uncomfortable, and you can't even shower to get relief. The level of personal filth for people who can't bathe or wash their clothes properly longterm must be absolutely appalling.

Am I the only one that goes on a cleaning spree after reading about this? Or watching Hoarders. Blech :yuck:

Those poor kids, I bet it's weird for them being in a clean environment. They need dental check ups too. I always worry about the teeth of these kids.

@LissaLou ugh, yes, I can't stand Hoarders. Thankfully you don't see kids living in those places (at least in the ones I've seen) but a lot of times they have animals (or several) that have to traverse through all the junk and piles of crap, and it's so sad to see. :(

That show makes me want to be ruthless with all the sentimental crap I keep in my life.

When we first moved into a house in Ft Lauderdale, we hadn't yet gotten water service turned on. All that meant was we didn't have hot water. We had cold water, though. That was fine. Springtime in south florida. Didn't need hot water.

These people don't look too far gone. Hopefully, they get the help they need, an offer for paid voluntary sterilization, and become productive members of society again.

The shit can eat your soul. I've never used it, myself, partly because we had a good drug education program in our district, and I had parents who would talk very openly and honestly about drugs. But I've known good people who have been sucked into the depths of hell by this stuff, and recovery IS possible.

I had one of those... just until I mistook an opossum for my Maine Coon cat! Moved right quick after that! 'Em fuckers are mean!!! (I did have my glasses off and contacts out) :jawdrop:
That reminds me of the time I went with a friend to look at a second hand saddle.
We went to this big barn and then a tack room inside the barn.

As they were poking around at the saddles, I was standing in the barn outside the tack room. I look down and see a skunk eating from some bowls and reach down and pet it. As I was petting it I said *your pet skunk is cute* she said "ITS NOT A PET" and slammed the tack room door shut. I briskly walked away. Went to my car and waited.
She explained to me later, the reason she slammed the door shut is because, Its really hard to get skunk spray off of leather and she thought more of her saddles than she did me.

Frankly, I've seen much worse, in person.
I cleaned apartments for awhile. This is nothing! They would literally be three inches deep wall to wall - I wore waders & grease changing gloves - the ones almost to your elbows. The grossest was watching all the bugs & mice jump & feeling everything beneath your boots.

When we first moved into a house in Ft Lauderdale, we hadn't yet gotten water service turned on. All that meant was we didn't have hot water. We had cold water, though. That was fine. Springtime in south florida. Didn't need hot water.

Do you guys get hot water as a separate town water service? I'm blown away by that. Here, we have town water access - which is always running, by law. You don't get it turned on by moving in. And the hot water component comes from your hot water cylinder onsite, whether its electric, gas or solar powered - and just heats up the town water supply that flows through, as needed on tap.

Or am I confusing your post? Sorry if that's the case! But I am very curious. :)

Do you guys get hot water as a separate town water service? I'm blown away by that. Here, we have town water access - which is always running, by law. You don't get it turned on by moving in. And the hot water component comes from your hot water cylinder onsite, whether its electric, gas or solar powered - and just heats up the town water supply that flows through, as needed on tap.

Or am I confusing your post? Sorry if that's the case! But I am very curious. :)

As far as I know, it's the same everywhere in the US that is connected to a municipal water supply. One does have to ask for water service and possibly pay a deposit to have it turned on at a specific address and then one has to have a water heater to have hot water. The city also charges for sewer and trash pick-up on the same bill, and they automatically charge for outflow whether or not you're flushing a toilet since they assume what goes in also goes out.

As far as I know, it's the same everywhere in the US that is connected to a municipal water supply. One does have to ask for water service and possibly pay a deposit to have it turned on at a specific address and then one has to have a water heater to have hot water. The city also charges for sewer and trash pick-up on the same bill, and they automatically charge for outflow whether or not you're flushing a toilet since they assume what goes in also goes out.

Ahh. Thanks! So I did misinterpret the original post :). Mind officially back to being unblown ha ha.

Things are still definitely done very differently to here, in terms of how you are charged for utilities and services, but no magic separate hot water supply :D.

Now that was a blonde moment on my behalf lol.

I almost never think this is a good idea...it usually creates a divide in families, or otherwise
builds resentment, and lots of times makes it harder everyone.

What a load of shit.

Once a parent becomes meth addicted, unfit trash, it's over anyways. You can never overcome that divide, and such a person will always deserve resentment. I can't fathom how anyone could forgive someone for choosing drugs over their children, whether it's family or not. It's also quite rare for such a person to ever fully recover, and such fucks usually forever carry their own baseless personal animosity and ill will towards those that simply want what's best for their children. BTW, merely being off drugs isn't "fully recovering". The emotional issues and personality traits and overrall attitude, and moral failings that led to the drug use in the first place are almost always a part of these people, very rare for someone to truly beat all that shit. Almost all these people remain trash from that point on.

The kids are what's important, not the relationship with the trash. It's of course important to be civil for the sake of the kids, who likely still love their parents, but nobody should bat an eye at pissing off or hurting the feelings of the scumbags. Fuck the parents, do right by the kids. Kids are far better off with loving, stable family than they are with strangers. It doesn't matter if you can never mend relationships with the scumbags, doesn't matter if they can never forgive you, they aren't important in the grand scheme of things, they lost their importance when they said, "fuck my kids, i wanna get high". Seriously, why would anyone care about there being a divide after something like this? I don't get it.

I have a hard time believing the folks who clicked "agree" to your comment here have ever actually had to deal with such a situation themselves, first hand.

Nope. And i sincerely hope you never find yourself in a situation where you find out just how offbase lithiums comment is. If you do, i highly doubt you'll be too eager to say, "yeah throw em in foster care, it'd be too hard on the family and their drug addict trash parents for me to take em in."

These people don't look too far gone

Looks don't mean shit.

Last edited:
Once a parent becomes meth addicted, unfit trash, it's over anyways. You can never overcome that divide,

Please...I was addicted, became a dealer because that's cheaper, and I'm bad ass fuck... jailed...then committed to a mental institution...for seven fucking months. Then dropped it all like a hot potato and went to university. You can lick my balls Jack...the great big balls that got me a degree jack...you can suck em.
[doublepost=1464305095,1464304850][/doublepost]
just how offbase lithiums comment is.

Nope...its not...lots of time the parents of addicts are enablers. And with siblings it creates

a divide, breeds hostility to many times to be effective. And Kids that are coming out of this

situation need stability, support and sometimes most importantly neutrality that can be found

lots of foster homes.

.lots of time the parents of addicts are enablers.

So you just assume that most family members are enabling shitheads?

You seem to be only speaking on trash families where every member is worthless scum. I agree most certainly with you when talking about such folks. There's a shit ton of good, stable families who unfortunately have a relative who fucks their kids over though. Those families are a different story then what you're going on about.

And with siblings it creates
a divide, breeds hostility to many times to be effective. And Kids that are coming out of this
situation need stability, support

Only worthless trash would subject the children to any hostilities or ill will the adult family members are dealing with. Kids shouldn't be clued in to any of that, shouldn't be made a part of any of it, sober, mature adults realize this. Lots of people actually do want whats best for kids.

And any hostility on the parents end is to be expected. That shouldn't matter in situations like these. A drugged out shitheads feelings shouldn't weigh in on these matters in the slightest. Always blows my mind how that's not the case though, people are fucking idiots.

most importantly neutrality that can be found
lots of foster homes.

Lot of murder/molestation/abuse stories on here involving foster families...

What a load of shit.

Once a parent becomes meth addicted, unfit trash, it's over anyways. You can never overcome that divide, and such a person will always deserve resentment. I can't fathom how anyone could forgive someone for choosing drugs over their children, whether it's family or not. It's also quite rare for such a person to ever fully recover, and such fucks usually forever carry their own baseless personal animosity and ill will towards those that simply want what's best for their children. BTW, merely being off drugs isn't "fully recovering". The emotional issues and personality traits and overrall attitude, and moral failings that led to the drug use in the first place are almost always a part of these people, very rare for someone to truly beat all that shit. Almost all these people remain trash from that point on.

The kids are what's important, not the relationship with the trash. It's of course important to be civil for the sake of the kids, who likely still love their parents, but nobody should bat an eye at pissing off or hurting the feelings of the scumbags. Fuck the parents, do right by the kids. Kids are far better off with loving, stable family than they are with strangers. It doesn't matter if you can never mend relationships with the scumbags, doesn't matter if they can never forgive you, they aren't important in the grand scheme of things, they lost their importance when they said, "fuck my kids, i wanna get high". Seriously, why would anyone care about there being a divide after something like this? I don't get it.

I have a hard time believing the folks who clicked "agree" to your comment here have ever actually had to deal with such a situation themselves, first hand.

Nope. And i sincerely hope you never find yourself in a situation where you find out just how offbase lithiums comment is. If you do, i highly doubt you'll be too eager to say, "yeah throw em in foster care, it'd be too hard on the family and their drug addict trash parents for me to take em in."

Looks don't mean shit.
Who the fuck do you - you fostered- bigot?! Walk into your bathroom and look into the mirror that's a person so miserable in life they find themselves findings reasons to make everyone one else look in your eyes worse than you...

Last edited:
Back