• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
ka02v6.jpg

Rocio Montoya
Jul 21 2014
[...]
were shocked Monday morning after a body was found burning in a grassy area.
Pasadena Police Department spokesman Vance Mitchell described it as a troubling scene.
[...]
called to a grass fire on Olsen Lane near Crestford around 5:15 a.m. After extinguishing the flames, they realized a person had been lit on fire.
A family who lives down the street fears the woman found in the field is their aunt.
[...]
she left Sunday night and hasn't been seen since. They don't know what happened to her.

"I felt something when she left, like something bad was going to happen," s
[...]
I got so scared when they told us that there was a girl who was over there and that they killed her."
[...]
“This is a very quiet neighborhood and it’s rare that we have anything like this out here,
[...]
The fire was in a wooded area near a retention pond.
[...]
said the flames were shooting so high that they were visible from both sides of the street.

When crews tapped the fire out, they discovered what appeared to be a young woman’s body, partially clothed with a bra and undergarments.

Investigators surveyed the scene for hours and spoke to residents in the area while trying to collect enough evidence to piece together what happened.

Pasadena police say they do have a possible identity on the woman's body but they are waiting for confirmation
[....]
An autopsy is being done to determine how the woman was killed.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/burned-body-found-in-grassy-area-in-pasadena/27068620
iedu8o.jpg
Jul 22 2014
The Montoya family told
[...]
they feared from the beginning that the body found in the field belonged to their loved one, Rocio Montoya, and now their fears have come true.

"When we woke in the morning and she wasn't home, we kind of already had an idea that something may have happened," said Cynthia Montoya, the victim's cousin. "Yes, we did officially find out it was her. The DNA matched
[....]
Rocio Montoya's body was found Monday morning burning in a field.
Cynthia Montoya said she and her family found Montoya's rosary lying in the grass not far from where investigators found her body. That was confirmation enough for them,
[...]
An autopsy was performed on Tuesday, but investigators haven't confirmed the victim's identity. They did tell
[...]
a person of interest has been named in the case and an arrest and charges could be coming soon.

"Whoever was out there, whoever did this, you don't want them back on the streets," Cynthia Montoya said. "But nothing at this point is going to bring her back. She's gone."

Montoya leaves behind two young children -- a 3-year-old daughter and a 6-month-old son
http://www.click2houston.com/news/family-claims-body-of-woman-found-burning-in-field/27101642

When crews tapped the fire out, they discovered what appeared to be a young woman’s body, partially clothed with a bra and undergarments.

I take it this is done without the use of water somehow? I wonder what it does to any forensic evidence that might have been found otherwise?

Latest posts

Back