• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
28hz76x.jpg
Robert Lyn, pictured, was jailed for life after he murdered Daniel Campbell who was allegedly sleeping with his girlfriend Stephanie Slade
[,....]
man who brutally stabbed to death a love rival after discovering he was having an affair with his girlfriend through Facebook has been jailed for life.

Robert Lyn, 45
[....]
travelled to victim Daniel Campbell's flat and stabbed him repeatedly after learning of the infidelity.
[...]
Crown Court that Lynn had stopped off at Aldi to purchase three knives before breaking into the flat on July 18 and launching the attack.
[...]
stabbed Mr Campbell seven times in the neck and a further 13 times in the stomach.
[...]
court heard that he had not suffered any defensive wounds and was probably asleep at the time of the attack.

Earlier that evening Victoria Sugden received a mistaken phone call from Stephanie Slade's mobile where she overheard her friend discussing with Mr Campbell what they had been doing
[...]
After listening to details of the alleged infidelity, Miss Sugden messaged Lyn over Facebook
[...]
on July 18.
[...]
he Honourable Mr Justice Coulson sentenced Lyn, to life imprisonment after he pleaded guilty to the murder and said he would have to serve a minimum of 26 years in jail before being considered for release by the Parole Board.'I'm really upset. I can't sleep, but her and Dan slept with each other last night at his. I heard them discussing it when Steph's phone rang me but she didn't know. So sorry Rob.
Minutes later Lyn asked Miss Sugden for Mr Campbell's address and after she told him he bought half a bottle of brandy before getting a lift
[..]
In a phone call to Miss Slade's daughter he asked: 'Why has she done this... we are supposed to be in love."

Lyn bought a set of three knives
[..]
and took one of them with him when he went to Mr Campbell's flat at about 7pm that night.
[...]
neighbour described him as looking 'possessed' and as he kicked at the flat door he shouted: 'I know you're in there, let me show you what a real man is.'
[...]
getting no response Lyn emptied the soil from a concrete planter and then used it to break down the door before climbing onto the bed to attack Mr Campbell as he slept.
[....]
court heard that Miss Slade had been in the bathroom while Lyn 'butchered' Mr Campbell, while he was asleep.
As he left the flat
[...]
Lyn asked Miss Slade: 'How do you like your boyfriend now?'
[...]
was arrested soon after the murder by a police constable and an off-duty colleague and said: "Is he dead yet? What would you ******* do if you caught your girlfriend cheating on you?"
[....]
almost collapsed in the dock as the judge passed sentence on him and his barrister Richard Wright QC conceded that his client could die in prison or be a very old man when he was released.
[...]
described the death of Mr Campbell as 'wholly needless and pointless' and suggested that circumstances had combined with Lyn's personality traits to cause the 'terrible explosion of violence'.
[...]
Justice Coulson said a letter he had received from Lyn did now express genuine remorse and he suggested that the case highlighted the 'pernicious effect of Facebook'.
[...]
Miss Sugden's decision to tell the world before speaking to those involved seemed particularly thoughtless and her misjudgment was to have fatal consequences.
[....]
judge told Lyn that he had inflicted severe injuries upon Mr Campbell and added: 'Indeed it is no exaggeration to say that you butchered him.'

Family and friends of Mr Campbell packed the public gallery and he was described in victim impact statements as a man who was loved by his family, made friends easily and had everything to live for.
SOURCES
http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/bradley-man-robert-lyn-confesses-7594276
&
http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/new...after-frenzied-attack-on-love-rival-1-7013270

Cheapo murderer, or just loves a bargain. The girlfriend is lucky she wasn't killed too. I don't know why you'd post something like that on Facebook, people put far too much on for everyone to see.

I don't know why you'd post something like that on Facebook
She sent it as a private message on FB. Wrong way to have handled this regardless. The fling may have just blown over, no harm no foul, but if for some reason you think you have to deliver news like this, you do so face to face. If you deal this hand to someone, I think you're obligated to be physically present to assess and redirect their reaction if necessary.

I have seen people who are with someone else who they should not be with myself. I would never open up that can of worms and tell the other party. I figure that they will find out soon enough or they already know. I would not want to be responsible for any actions such as the ones listed above. Anyone should know the consequences of telling what they know under circumstances like this. I know friends want to look out for friends but this is a issue I would tread on very lightly.

She sent it as a private message on FB. Wrong way to have handled this regardless. The fling may have just blown over, no harm no foul, but if for some reason you think you have to deliver news like this, you do so face to face. If you deal this hand to someone, I think you're obligated to be physically present to assess and redirect their reaction if necessary.

I definitely agree, even a text, email or phone call would be the wrong way to go. Although people do do it. Maybe she knew he'd react badly and thought she'd be safer not being face to face. Fuck knows.

I personally believe she sent him the message...because she knew him...she knew his "personality traits"...and knew how he'd react. She was trying to start drama.

Cheapo murderer, or just loves a bargain. The girlfriend is lucky she wasn't killed too. I don't know why you'd post something like that on Facebook, people put far too much on for everyone to see.
How I understood it: boyfrirnd/girlfriend. Girlfriend cheats with new guy. Girlfriend (while with new guy) pocket/butt dials a mutual friend. Girlfriend and new guy were discussing their dirty deeds and mutual friend used fb to notify boyfriend.boyfriend asks mutual friend for new guys address she gives it.biyfriend buys knives drives to new guys flat uses cement planter to break in. Girlfriend is hiding in bathroom while new guy is killed by boyfriend.

mutual friend is no friend. Mutual friend is a trouble making cunt.

I can understand mutual friend telling about the affair... I couldn't blame her for that. But when he then asked for the guys address? That's when you say "no way, mister." No good could come of that.

Then again, maybe without the guys address, he'd have taken his rage out on the girlfriend. Guy is a fruitloop, and mutual friend is no better.

But when he then asked for the guys address? That's when you say "no way, mister." No good could come of that.
Yeah, when I reread it, I realized they were not all mutual friends that knew where each other lived, and now I'm even more inclined to call this cunt a cunt.

Back