• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man accused of murdering his twin brother in a knife attack on New Year's Eve had a drunken argument with his sibling, a court has heard.

Robert Cerqua is accused of killing his identical twin, Christopher, with a single stab wound to his stomach at the family home in Hythe in Hampshire.

Appearing at Winchester Crown Court, Mr Cerqua, 31, denies murder.

He told police he acted in self-defence after his brother attacked him with a knife.

Nicholas Haggan QC, prosecuting, told the court Mr Cerqua picked up a kitchen knife and used it to stab Christopher.

He said Mr Cerqua then fled - not even stopping to put on his shoes. He was later arrested.

The brothers' parents Peter and Denise were in the house in Hythe when the fight happened.

The jury was played a recording of the 999 call made by Mrs Cerqua.

At first she asked for the police because they are fighting but then said: "Can you get an ambulance as well. He's been stabbed."

Mr Haggan said during the call you can hear her husband shout: "He's stabbed him."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-29508892

A man has been found guilty of murdering his identical twin brother in a drunken argument on New Year's Eve.

Robert Cerqua, 31, stabbed Christopher once in the stomach at the family home while their parents were upstairs.

He fled the house in Hythe, Hampshire, without his shoes and carried on drinking with his girlfriend to see in the new year at a party.

Cerqua denied murder at Winchester Crown Court and claimed he had acted in self-defence.

The jury returned a majority 10 to 2 guilty verdict. He will be sentenced on Tuesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-29643216

Ive been in quite a few heated arguments with my twin....but she is one of the last people in this world that I would consider hurting. I hope the asshole has that empty "Ive killed half of who I am" feeling forever. To kill your own twin........I cant even imagine......Thats so sad, and depressing to even think about. :(

Back