• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Nashville man with a "chronic booking history” was jailed overnight Wednesday, marking his 539th arrest in the Music City.

According to an affidavit from Metro Nashville Police, most of Robert Brown's arrests were petty misdemeanor charges, like the latest one for criminal trespassing and public intoxication.

He was arrested Wednesday at an Exxon station on Rosa Parks Boulevard for allegedly refusing to leave and arguing with an employee.

Police arrived and noted that he was "intoxicated to a point that he was a danger to himself and others."

The 48-year-old man has arrests dating back to 1994, when he was 25-years-old. He's scheduled to be in court Thursday morning.
http://www.abc15.com/news/national/nashville-man-has-been-arrested-539-times-since-1994

1701658460005.png
repeat21n-2-web.jpg

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/nashville-man-has-been-arrested-539-times-since-1994

A hot bath, some disinfectant & love he will be good as new.

Last edited:
That's just pathetic. I hope they hose him down and delouse him while he's there. Can't imagine what those jails are crawling with if this is what they take in on a regular basis.

That is a really sad face. Not saying I wanna take him in, but that is the face of an extreme alcoholic who hasn't been sober in at least 15 years. That's just pitiful.

539 times in 23 years that's an average of twice a month for 23 years! He really needs an intervention, whether he wants one or not.

Why report at his 539th arrest? I mean normally we celebrate large milestones at something like 500 and every hundred after that. 539 seems very random.

So let's be clear: They are wasting tax dollars on a drunk homeless man who with every arrest gets into a hole that's even harder to get out of because of his ever increasing criminal record. The problem is that they didn't help him in the beginning, just made his situation worse to get more money. Good job system!

Why report at his 539th arrest? I mean normally we celebrate large milestones at something like 500 and every hundred after that. 539 seems very random.
Because he isn't going to make it to 600 probably not even 550.
Look at the end of his nose. That's the nose of a long time extreme drinker. Cirrhosis of the liver comes to mind.

What was the system supposed to do ? What is "The System" allowed to do by law?
A lot!! While being homeless is illegal, cops often don't arrest people on that charge because it just fucks them up. There are programs that. especially in the beginning, allow for help with drinking, homelessness, finding work, clearing your record of certain crimes, etc. From what I could find, none of those were offered to this man and they almost never are. Not to mention, the law needs work, and these for profit prisons and arrest minimums are such bullshit.

People who are homeless have no hope, especially with a criminal record. They descend into any way to escape. Why be sober if all you have to look forward to is eating out of a dumpster and sleeping on concrete? You have to have hope to give a shit about yourself. I see nowhere that he committed violent felonies. So what can the system do by law? A fucking lot. They have a lot of leeways. What do they choose to do almost every time? Nothing.

Just because nothing is mentioned in a news item doesn't mean he hasn't had chances.
What state or county program is there to force a serious alcoholic to get the cure and stay sober.
He may have had many offers of help over time, but always chose the bottle instead.

A Nashville man with a "chronic booking history” was jailed overnight Wednesday, marking his 539th arrest in the Music City.

According to an affidavit from Metro Nashville Police, most of Robert Brown's arrests were petty misdemeanor charges, like the latest one for criminal trespassing and public intoxication.

He was arrested Wednesday at an Exxon station on Rosa Parks Boulevard for allegedly refusing to leave and arguing with an employee.

Police arrived and noted that he was "intoxicated to a point that he was a danger to himself and others."

The 48-year-old man has arrests dating back to 1994, when he was 25-years-old. He's scheduled to be in court Thursday morning.

repeat21n-2-web.jpg

A hot bath, some disinfectant & love he will be good as new.

Holy bulbous nose!

Just because nothing is mentioned in a news item doesn't mean he hasn't had chances.
What state or county program is there to force a serious alcoholic to get the cure and stay sober.
He may have had many offers of help over time, but always chose the bottle instead.
It would say in his sentencing for his past crimes if these were offered and refused by him, or if he went to them. This guy isn't someone who is having fun in their addiction. This guy is drinking due to despair and is just miserable.

I'm extremely curious as to what happened at age 25. Strange to make it for a quarter of a century with no arrests, and then 180 so spectacularly.

I'm almost thinking... schizophrenia maybe? That's roughly around the time something like that might start to manifest, or worsen enough to begin really negatively impacting your behavior.

If the man doesn't want help, there's not a whole lot you can do other than hold him until he sobers up, and cut him loose again.

You can't really blame the police for the lack of mental health resources or funds to deal with this type of issue.

Not to mention a little thing called personal responsibility.

I don't even want to think how much money went to this drunk trying to get him help. Trust me, with over 500 arrests you can bet your ass he was put in rehabs, paid for by the state and every other thing you can imagine. What a waste.

Meanwhile innocent 5 year olds are starving but we should have helped this asshole even more. Smh

Remember Otis the town drunk of Mayberry who had his own cell?
I am reminded of that by this sad sack.

Latest posts

Back