• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/police-rancher-lassos-bike-thief-oregon-walmart-39771867

Robert Borba was at the Eagle Point store loading dog food and a camping tent into his truck when he heard a woman screaming that someone was trying to steal her bike, the Medford Mail Tribune reports (http://goo.gl/L5PTLm).

The 28-year-old said he quickly got his horse, Long John, out of its trailer. He grabbed a rope, rode over to the man who was reportedly struggling with the bike gears and attempting to flee on foot. Borba lassoed the man around the legs and when he dropped, Borba dragged him to one end of the parking lot.

"I seen this fella trying to get up to speed on a bicycle," Borba told the Tribune. "I wasn't going to catch him on foot. I just don't run very fast."

Borba said the man tried to grab a tree and get away, but he kept the rope tight and the man in place.

"I use a rope every day, that's how I make my living," Borba said. "If it catches cattle pretty good, it catches a bandit pretty good."

Eagle Point police Sgt. Darin May said officers arrived and found the lassoed man and bike on the ground in the parking lot.

"We've never had anyone lassoed and held until we got there," May said. "That's a first for me."

Police arrested Victorino Arellano-Sanchez, whom they described as a transient from the Seattle area, on a theft charge.

wrfbwy.jpg

Photo credit: Eagle Point PD
A rancher jumped on his horse Friday morning and lassoed a man who was trying to steal a bicycle in the parking lot of an Oregon Wal-Mart, police said.

Robert Borba was at the Eagle Point store loading dog food and a camping tent into his truck when he heard a woman screaming that someone was trying to steal her bike, the Medford Mail Tribune reports (http://goo.gl/L5PTLm).

The 28-year-old said he quickly got his horse, Long John, out of its trailer. He grabbed a rope, rode over to the man who was reportedly struggling with the bike gears and attempting to flee on foot. Borba lassoed the man around the legs and when he dropped, Borba dragged him to one end of the parking lot.

"I seen this fella trying to get up to speed on a bicycle," Borba told the Tribune. "I wasn't going to catch him on foot. I just don't run very fast."

Borba said the man tried to grab a tree and get away, but he kept the rope tight and the man in place.

"I use a rope every day, that's how I make my living," Borba said. "If it catches cattle pretty good, it catches a bandit pretty good."

Eagle Point police Sgt. Darin May said officers arrived and found the lassoed man and bike on the ground in the parking lot.

"We've never had anyone lassoed and held until we got there," May said. "That's a first for me."

Police arrested Victorino Arellano-Sanchez, whom they described as a transient from the Seattle area, on a theft charge.

212h4yo.jpg

Photo credit: Denise Baratta/The Medford Mail Tribune via AP

Sources: http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/police-rancher-lassos-bike-thief-oregon-walmart-39771867
http://nypost.com/2016/06/10/parking-lot-cowboy-lassos-bike-thief-outside-walmart/
Story credit to @Totemic for finding it.. and to @DaemonSadi for suggesting it's posted.

Last edited:
My heart is all a flutter.

*swoon*
[doublepost=1465656068,1465655741][/doublepost]Damn. 28 and married, I wonder if his dad is single?

My heart is all a flutter.

*swoon*
[doublepost=1465656068,1465655741][/doublepost]Damn. 28 and married, I wonder if his dad is single?

I'm impressed that the first thing you did was find out his marital status! :hilarious: I just researched the story and didn't spot anything about that :hilarious:

So glad someone posted this. My bf told me about this when we were in bed last night but I was lazy. I laughed my head off just hearing about it... the photos are EVERYTHING!!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

nQXdRbM.jpg

Anybody seen the videos of decoy bikes invisibly tied to a tree?? Sneaky thieves start to haul ass when they run out of rope, tumbling over handlebars and running away. Fkn hilarious

OK. I admit, I'm laughing my head off at the down home cowboy, ropin' and 'rasslin the thief, chasing him down on the back of a horse, lassoing his lasso around, looking all serious and determined, whilst the thief on the pushbike looks back over his shoulder, promptly shits himself at what's bearing down on him, and tries so hard to duck his head down and peddle faster.

The cowboy, bless him, tips his hat to the lady, with a nod and a "ma'am", whilst waiting for the cops to show. The horse nuzzling the grass, the thief on the ground, trussed up tight and looking bewildered.

Thank you @Junkman

@Keepalowprofile for your viewing pleasure....

[doublepost=1465704764,1465704631][/doublepost]Or...They electrocute the thief. Not as much funny, but still good times.

[doublepost=1465705174][/doublepost]And here they set off an airbag in the bicycle seat.

It's a slow night. :p

Back