• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

araisner

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ily-stabbings-stun-quiet-neighborhood-n397656

A quintuple homicide allegedly carried out by two brothers has stunned residents of a usually peaceful Oklahoma community.

The pair accused of stabbing to death their parents and three siblings in the Tulsa suburb of Broken Arrow were not allowed to play with other children in the community, according to one neighbor.

Bill Whitworth, whose son went to school with 18-year-old suspect Robert Bever, said the family kept to themselves.

"My son never had an opportunity to play with him because their parents wouldn't allow them to play with the other kids," the 46-year-old told The Associated Press late Thursday. The only time Whitworth saw the family was when he "saw the Suburban backing out of the driveway," he said.

Another neighbor, Patricia Statham, said: "I feel so bad for everyone who walks into that house. You can see it in the faces of the officers when they come out."

The 74-year-old added: "Usually the worst thing we have here is kids with baseball bats destroying mailboxes."

One of the two victims who survived the incident, a 13-year-old girl who made the silent 911 call that alerted police, remained in a critical but stable condition early Friday having suffered severe stab wounds.

Robert Bever, along with his 16-year-old brother, who authorities have not publicly identified because of his age, allegedly ran out the back door when officers arrived. They were tracked by a police dog unit to a wooded area behind the house and arrested, officials said.

Bever's mugshot shows him with a dirty face and ruffled hair. "It looks like he's got a smirk on his face to me," Broken Arrow Police Cpl. Leon Calhoun told NBC News.

Among the five people found dead at the scene were the brothers' parents, 52-year-old David Bever and 44-year-old April Bever, and three of their siblings, a 5-year-old girl, a 7-year-old boy and a 12-year-old boy.

A 2-year-old girl was found unharmed and taken into state custody.
150724-black-row-shooting-suspect-jpo-617a_f3cf8b4c3573a090f73131ec1410983a.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

http://www.ktul.com/story/29622206/who-is-robert-bever

His hair is disheveled, there's dirt on his face, and in his eyes, a calmness, and his mouth...

"Looked to me like he had a smirk on his face," said Corporal Leon Calhoun of the Broken Arrow police department.

Law enforcement sources say one of the siblings has given a full confession, stating that the murders were planned and that the killing wasn't supposed to end at the home. The confession, News Channel 8 has been told, was given matter of factly, with no hint of compassion or remorse.

"I don't know if there was any remorse or anything going on at this point," said Calhoun.

The homicides themselves, a brutal rampage of violence.

"I was told knives, there was a hatchet, there was several different types of weapons that were actually used in the homicides," said Calhoun.

"She said that he was very sweet, very kind."

And yet that is a description of the same Robert Bever known to Billie Paolini's daughter.

"Loved his family. Even walked to Walmart to buy them Christmas presents from here which is quite a ways," she said.

But nowhere near as far as the journey from loving son to murder suspect.

"I just don't know how if he's even comprehending what has happened or if he is really, is so removed that he cant feel remorse. It's unknown," said Calhoun.​

I'm reallly interested to learn more about this case. These boys were significantly isolated it seems their entire lives. Something was really wrong in that house.

Bill Whitworth, whose son went to school with 18-year-old suspect Robert Bever, said the family kept to themselves.

Lots of media sites are saying the kids were home-schooled. o_O Wonder if Robert got out into the world more, or what?

This is by no means the first time "7 children" (or some other similarly vast brood) and "home-schooled" has gone hand-in-hand with crazy/violent. I'm not knocking all home-schooling. If I'd wanted to reproduce, I probably would have home-schooled too (if I possibly could). In quite a few cases, however, it just seems to have been some sort of excuse for breeding a captive group of young people and f*cking them up. :mad: Usually in service to someone else's cracked ego or ideology.

Looking forward to learning more about this one.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...-as-assailants-who-fatally-stabbed-parents-3/

An arrest reports states that the brothers accused of killing their parents and three siblings inside an Oklahoma home were fingered as the killers by their 13-year-old sister who survived the horrific attack, the Tulsa World reported Saturday.

(...)

Fox 23 said officers arrived at the home around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday in response to a 911 call from inside the house.

The station said either Daniel or Christopher made the call.

“(He) actually stated, ‘Please help,’ and (said) their brother was attacking the family. Another male which we believe is one of the two suspects said hello and then hung up,” Broken Arrow Police Department Corporal Leon Calhoun told the station.​

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/five-dead-broken-arrow-homicide/nm5LJ/

Police said either the 12- or 7-year-old brother of the accused teens made the 911 call that led police to their home.

"He did save the life of his 13-year-old sister and his two-year-old sister and possibly many others after that," said Corporal Leon Calhoun with Broken Arrow police.​

Pictures in the second link of the children. What a senseless tragedy.

Wow - this is so heartbreaking. I feel so sad for the 13 year old who survived as she will remember, and the 2 year old who may never remember but will never have the love of her family. Nearly an entire family just wiped out. I'm anxious to hear why they did this - not as a justification, just as a 'WTF' was going on in their minds. If the parents were abusive, then why the rest of the family, KWIM?

i had to disagree with you. looks like plain old oklahoma poverty to me. but now, if he could not go out and play before, he really won't be able to in prison.
I wasn't speaking specifically to the sores or the lovely hair style, it was more of the look in his eyes. He has the emptiness that comes with meth and the circles but still has an expression on his face. His eyes and facial expression don't match, meth-like.

I am guessing there was some kind of abuse going on. Also, I thought the same thing as @Krystal when I saw the mug shot. But, I guess we will have to wait to find out.

Do you guys think they just didn't get to the 2yr old yet, or they chose not to kill her?

i had to disagree with you. looks like plain old oklahoma poverty to me. but now, if he could not go out and play before, he really won't be able to in prison.

They actually lived in a really nice house with a country club although they were not members. I'll try to find a pic.

*sigh*

They did it because they wanted to be more famous than the Columbine School Shooters.

Yes, you read that correctly. Dumbass #1 and Dumbass #2 wanted to be famous so they slaughtered their family. They started with the family murders as they figured their family provided "soft targets", people easy to kill, from there they planned to move to "hard targets" until they became more famous than the shooters at Columbine.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/okla-stabbing-suspects-wanted-kill-columbine-article-1.2307634

Also, there a mug shot of the younger murderer at the link.

I just can't envision two boys wanting to kill their family to be infamous. Maybe it is about time we stop putting the names of such bastards on the news.

They won't do it, I'm sure he'll be all clean cut and well-dressed for the trail, but I really wish they could show the jurors that mugshot. A picture can be worth 1000 words sometimes. :mad:

Now I have to add to my previous statement of the link with the pics of the kids as also having one of the killers (it looks like the younger assailant) holding one of the victims. =\

The Bever brothers, charged in the murders of their parents and siblings, were arraigned in Tulsa County court Monday. Public defenders entered not guilty pleas on behalf of Robert and Michael Bever who are each charged with five counts of first-degree murder.

A preliminary hearing was set for 1:30 p.m. October 28, 2015. That date is subject to change.

Prosecutors have also charged the brothers with assault and battery with intent to kill after their 13-year-old sister survived the attack in a Broken Arrow home July 22, 2015.

Detectives say the brothers acted together when they killed their parents, David and April Bever, and their siblings Daniel, Christopher and Victoria.

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=29694796&catId=112042

haha at the people desperately clinging to some other explanation like abuse or drugs or mental illness. When will the ignorant masses learn that some folks are just born bad. Fuck these kids.

Two brothers accused of murdering their parents and three siblings in a grizzly stabbing at their Broken Arrow Okla. home last month may have recorded the monstrous attack on video, authorities said.

And videos made by Robert Bever, 18, and Michael Bever, 16, and posted onto YouTube inside the home two years ago have come to light.

In a search warrant affidavit obtained by the Tulsa World, police said video cameras were found near the bodies of three of the victims and appeared connected to one or more of the computers taken from the home.

"Live footage recordings" from the cameras were found on a thumb drive taken from thehouse, as well as audio recordings and photographs, the newspaper reported. Authorities are now reviewing all of the data. It's unclear what was recorded on the equipment.

One of the suspects "spontaneously uttered" that plans for a "mass homicide" could be found on a thumb drive inside one of the bedrooms of their home, the newspaper reported. The plans were also discussed in a police interview, authorities said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/brothers-recorded-murder-family-report-article-1.2334886

HOLY SHIT look at the ass of the broad in the 2nd pic in the final slideshow. Good lord, she better be careful with the line of work she's in, that thing could raise the dead.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. :) She's my kind of girl.

The picture of the entire brood together? Something weird going on there. They look like that isolated abused bunch of kids that every town has. Kinda look like mom and dad are related too, some weird looking folks all the way around.

And the victim blaming has occurred. Took a while.

Good thing they didn't get a chance to kill anyone else, although they already wiped out most of their family. Lock them up and throw away the key! I feel bad for the sisters.

Michael will be tried as an adult

A judge has ruled that a 16-year-old charged along with his 18-year-old brother in the slayings of five family members will be tried as an adult.

Rob Nigh, the attorney for Michael Bever, has said he will appeal the ruling from Special Judge Martha Rupp Carter as he continues to fight a state law mandating that his client be prosecuted as an adult.

Defendants age 15 to 17 who are charged with first-degree murder under Oklahoma statutes are not subject to the provisions of the Youthful Offender Act or the Juvenile Code for certification as a juvenile.

The brothers each face five counts of first-degree murder and one count of assault and battery with intent to kill in the deaths of David Bever, 52; April Bever, 44; Daniel Bever, 12; Christopher Bever, 7; and Victoria Bever, 5; and the stabbing of their 13-year-old sister, who survived the July 22 attack inside the Bevers’ Broken Arrow home.

If the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals rules against Nigh's appeal, he plans to go to the Supreme Court with his challenge. That appeal could further delay a preliminary hearing for the brothers currently scheduled for Jan. 22.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/courts...981-993e-5981-873d-6f5d99cab096.html?mode=jqm

Case discussion -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/beverbrotherscasediscussion/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3207208/Stabbing-deaths-Oklahoma-family-recorded.html

• Robert Bever, 18, posted videos of himself to YouTube in 2013 where he appears as an average teenager discussing video games and songs
  • Under username ColtEmpireOfficial, he posted four videos and one is a skit that features his 16-year-old brother Michael
  • The brothers are charged with murder in the deaths of their parents David and April and three younger siblings
  • An affidavit says video cameras were near spots in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, home where the bodies were found after attack last month
  • 'Live footage recordings' found on thumb drive taken from the house after one of the brothers told police that device contained their plan
  • Thirteen-year-old sister survived stabbing and a two-year-old sister avoided attack

Last edited:
Oklahoma brothers charged with fatally stabbing their parents and three of their younger siblings in a middle-of-the night rampage detailed to officers a gruesome plot to carry out further mass killings and laughed about how they killed their parents, detectives testified during a hearing Tuesday.

The hearing is for a judge to determine if there is enough evidence for 19-year-old Robert Bever and 17-year-old Michael Bever to stand trial on first-degree murder charges.

Detective Eric Bentz of the Broken Arrow Police Department said during the hearing that Robert Bever expressed a desire for notoriety for being a serial killer and was 'laughing or chuckling on several occasions' as he described their plans.

Bentz said the teen told of a plan to kill their family, cut up the bodies, and store them in bins in the attic before taking the family vehicle as well as guns and ammunition to randomly attack other locations and kill ten people at each place.

'They wanted to kill at least 50 people, they wanted to be famous. They wanted a Wikipedia page. They wanted media coverage,' said Detective Rhianna Russell, who had interviewed Michael Bever.

She said he indicated that they wanted to outdo known killers, and had mentioned the Columbine school and Aurora movie theater killings in Colorado in particular.

Authorities had previously said the brothers conspired to kill their family and that one brother had kept plans for a 'mass homicide' stored on a computer drive inside the home, but had not before given details.

Both brothers have pleaded not guilty in the July killings of their parents, David Bever, 52, and April Bever, 44, and their siblings Daniel Bever, 12, Christopher Bever, seven, and Victoria Bever, five.
[…]
Bentz testified that Robert Bever lamented that the plan didn't go as it was supposed to and 'everyone didn't die like they were supposed to.'

After the bodies were discovered at the family's home in the Tulsa suburb of Broken Arrow, a police dog tracked the two teens, then 16 and 18, into a wooded area behind the house.
[…]
'If he killed one person he was one person, that evened it out,' Bentz said the teen indicated, while 'if he killed one more than one person, that would make him like a god.'

In addition to the electronic device, investigators removed from the home knives, swords, machetes, cellphones, gloves, darts, a black mask, an atlas, computers, Kevlar knit sleeves and wireless cameras, according to police affidavits.

By many neighbors' accounts, the Bevers kept to themselves - the siblings played alone in the backyard, walked down neighborhood streets bunched together and their parents didn't socialize much. David Bever's former co-workers at a local IT department described him as a quiet man.

A judge earlier had rejected Michael Bever's request to be tried as a juvenile. Prosecutors haven't decided whether to seek the death penalty against Robert Bever.

Back