• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
The fully-dressed skeletal remains of an adult man were found inside the home of a blind woman, whose home was so full of trash, one officer said it looked like 'a garbage truck had dumped its load'.

Elderly Brooklyn woman Rita Wolfensohn was found living with the skeletal remains of her son earlier this month.

It is possible she was living with the corpse for as many as 20 years, the New York Post reported.

Relatives were taking Wolfensohn to the hospital when the son's remains were found.

[...]

After an investigation into the home, officials believe Wolfensohn most likely didn't know she was living with her son's remains.

The room the body was in was filled with garbage and cobwebs.

Officers said the room smelled of rotting food but there was not an odor of rotting flesh.

Police said Wolfensohn believed her son had moved out.

[...]

The woman had two children - a son who died in 2003 at age 38. Her other son Louis, who would have been almost 50, has not been seen in 20 years.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...keletal-remains-son-hadn-t-seen-20-years.html

Now how creepy is that? Living with her sons remains for the past 20 years and never discovered him in all that time. Yeah, I get that she was blind but you would think that she would have discovered him by following her nose to the rank smell of a decomposing something.

So are we to believe that wut, she just makes the assumption that her son Louis had moved out and she doesn't get a call or visit from him for the past 2 decades? Makes you wonder what the cause of death was for the son who died in 2003.

Seriously, I have my something is hinky here Jack face on.

I agree with others - wouldn't the smell of decomposition have given it away? Yes, rotting foods smell. But rotting flesh?? That's a whole other ball of wax!!

Before the other son died, did he never visit mom and say "what's that smell?" Or any friend or relative, any visitor? Sounds like the mother was quite a loner, maybe did not let people into her home.
Dysfunction Junction!

This is a reality that horror movies are made of :) love it!!!
.... and not knowing o_O I would think being blind your sense of smell heightens :shrug:
Soooooo ... this is some shady shit :shifty: something very bazaar is going on here :shifty:

.... and I wanna know!! :woot:

Something is fucked up with this whole story. Relatives took her to the hospital but they didn't have the decency to help her clean her house up? There were no neighbors that ever came over to help? Was the other son ever around before he died? If so, couldn't he have found his brother there dead already? Or did he kill his brother and hide the body from mom?

So did he have all this trash collapse on him, or did she just continue piling garbage in that room on top of his corpse, not realizing he was there?
o_O

So sad, and crazy. Obviously some mental health issues going on here.

Something is fucked up with this whole story. Relatives took her to the hospital but they didn't have the decency to help her clean her house up? There were no neighbors that ever came over to help? Was the other son ever around before he died? If so, couldn't he have found his brother there dead already? Or did he kill his brother and hide the body from mom?
Exactly what I was going to say.
I'm pissed off at the relatives.
Why did they show up now?
Hoping to get something?

Having cleaned up after a hoarder many times, eventually you stop helping. It's a waste of everyone's time especially when the person doesn't want your help anyway.

People have the right to choose how they want to live even if it's in filth.

Back