• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Zane Chandler Christian, 25, is accused of tracking his estranged wife and children to a busy shopping center Monday and gunning down the woman’s fiancé, authorities said.

Christian was initially charged with malicious wounding, reckless handling of a firearm and three counts of child neglect.

A felony murder charge was added to Christian’s charges after Rico Turner, 27, died Monday night, according to the Salem Police Department.
1605289257343.png

Christian’s two children witnessed the shooting, as did victim Rico Turner’s son, according to family friends. His fiancé, Emily Franklin, is also pregnant with the couple’s first child :(

"Fiancé" is so over used these days. Apparently means "boyfriend who I hope will stay for a couple years and provide the stability, respectability, and economic security I crave while pretending I'm a strong independent empowered woman while bearing yet another child with no firm family foundation."
How often do men refer to a woman as fiancé and mean it? Many a news item, social media post is a female calling some man "fiancé". If it wasn't politically incorrect, anthropologists and sociologists would write papers on this.
In the end, the parentless children suffer life long.. Great job adults!

According to court records, Zane Chandler Christian was sentenced to a total of 43 years in prison with 17 years suspended, which means he will spend 26 years in prison for the following charges:
  • One felony count of second-degree murder:
    • Sentenced to 30 years with nine years suspended, for a total of 21 years
  • One felony count of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony (first offense):
    • Sentenced to three years
  • Two felony counts of shooting into an occupied vehicle:
    • Sentenced to five years with four years suspended for each count, for a total of two years
A Montgomery County judge sentenced Zane Chandler Christian on Monday to serve five more years in prison, to be added to the 26 years imposed in February in a Salem murder case.

The 26-year-old Christiansburg man was arrested in November 2020 after shooting Rico Turner, 27, the fiancé of Christian’s estranged wife. The slaying happened in a Salem parking lot during a custody transfer of Zane and Emily Christian’s young children.

According to accounts given during Zane Christian’s hearings in Salem, he was upset because his child support payments were raised. Christian keyed his wife’s car. That prompted Turner, who was there with his 5-year-old son, to shove Zane Christian to the ground.

Zane Christian then shot Turner.

1714863064956.png

Back