• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
Mr Collins was visiting the Maine university and was at the bustop with a couple of friends when Sean Christopher Urbanski walked up to him and said: "Step left, step left, if you know what's best for you." and Richard said no he then stabbed hi in the chest. There's some nazi term in that I can remember from a debate thing with a German group and something the guitarist said.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...student-killed-university-maryland/335667001/
636310342673173682-college-stabbing-052217.jpg

neonutto
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/119c425db06e0fed4610a6dc6d9bc989436e2513/c=0-49-
636310348437878635-college-stabbing-052217-2.jpg

Lt Collins 111

COLLEGE PARK, Md. — The FBI is investigating whether the fatal stabbing of a visiting black student by a white University of Maryland student is a hate crime.

Sean Christopher Urbanski, 22, was charged Sunday with first- and second-degree murder and first-degree assault in the stabbing death of Richard Collins III, 23.

Collins, a Bowie State University student, was visiting the University of Maryland campus early Saturday morning when police believe Urbanski approached him while Collins was standing at a campus bus stop with two friends.

Authorities said Urbanski, of Severna Park, Md., walked up to Collins and then stabbed him in the chest. According to charging documents, Urbanski told Collins, "Step left, step left, if you know what's best for you."

According to the documents, Collins replied, "No," and was stabbed.

A friend of Collins' ran and called 911. University of Maryland police found Collins with serious injuries. Collins was taken to the hospital, where he died.
Authorities said Urbanski, of Severna Park, Md., walked up to Collins and then stabbed him in the chest. According to charging documents, Urbanski told Collins, "Step left, step left, if you know what's best for you."

According to the documents, Collins replied, "No," and was stabbed.

A friend of Collins' ran and called 911. University of Maryland police found Collins with serious injuries. Collins was taken to the hospital, where he died.

"If I'm a person of color I would certainly look at this as something that could happen to me. In fact, I know on Facebook our students are saying that," Mitchell said.

Dr. Artie Lee Travis, vice president for student affairs at Bowie State in Bowie, Md., said the school hopes the investigation moves forward as quickly as possible.

"Hate has no place in America," Travis said. "Hate has no place on a college campus, where young minds are coming together to try to change the world," he said.

During commencement ceremonies Sunday, University of Maryland President Wallace D. Loh, led those gathered in a moment of silence for Collins.

"I would like to ask all of you to join me and all Terps everywhere ... to join us in a moment of silence to mourn and to honor a young man, a Bowie State University student, who lost his life in a senseless and unprovoked assault on our campus yesterday morning."

Last edited:
I was being somewhat facetious when I added that on the end, I should have said piece of garbage was a racist asshole so murdered an innocent man but there is only so much room in the title

Last edited:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-urbanski-filing-20180725-story.html
Lawyers for a former University of Maryland student charged with the 2017 killing of a black Bowie State University student have asked a judge to separate his first-degree murder and hate crime charges.
[....]
In a recent filing in Prince George’s County Circuit Court, Urbanski’s lawyers questioned the admissibility of evidence tying him to a Facebook page called “Alt-Reich: Nation,” as well as “certain cartoon images” and “group message surveys” taken from his cell phone. The attorneys, William C. Brennan, Jr., and John M. McKenna, argue that such material is not “relevant evidence” and even if it were, it would not be admissible as part of the first-degree murder charge.

Brennan and McKenna cited a Maryland court rule that allows for separate trials if evidence in one charge may prejudice a party in relation to another charge.

Neither Urbanski’s lawyers nor Prince George’s State’s Attorney’s office responded to a request for comment Wednesday.
[....]
Urbanski’s trial was set to begin early July, but a Prince George’s County judge granted a delay until January at the request of defense attorneys.

Urbanski could receive a life sentence without the possibility of parole if convicted of the first-degree murder charge, and an additional 20 years if convicted of a hate crime resulting in death.

1610679011585.png

A white man who stabbed a Black college student to death at a bus stop on the University of Maryland’s flagship College Park campus was sentenced Thursday to life in prison for what prosecutors claimed was a racially motivated hate crime.

Sean Urbanski, 25, apologized to the parents of 23-year-old Richard Collins III for the “horrible pain” he caused them and said he wishes he could “go back and change what happened” on the night in May 2017 when he killed the newly commissioned Army lieutenant.

“There hasn’t been a day that’s gone by where I haven’t thought about what I’ve done to you, and if I could switch places with your son I would in a heartbeat,” Urbanski told Dawn and Richard Collins Jr. during a hearing conducted by video teleconference.

Prosecutors had sought the maximum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole, but Prince George's County State’s Attorney Aisha Braveboy and defense attorney William Brennan said after the hearing that Urbanski will be eligible for parole under the judge’s sentence.

Circuit Court Judge Lawrence Hill Jr. dismissed a hate crime charge against Urbanski before a jury convicted him of first-degree murder in December 2019. But the judge said Thursday that he believes race and alcohol both were factors in the killing. Hill said he doesn't believe it was a coincidence that Urbanski stabbed the only Black person at the bus stop that night.

“Race is always amongst us in the things we do and things we say,” the judge said.

Collins' parents said they wake up every night around the same time that their son was killed. They can't bring themselves to clean out his room.

“With the passage of time, we have come to the realization that racist hate was the murderer's only motivation for killing our son,” Richard Collins Jr. said.

Urbanski's mother told Collins' parents that the “horror and devastation” of knowing that her son killed their son is with her every day.

“Your son Richard should be here, and it's my son Sean's fault that he's not,” Elizabeth Urbanski said.

Before the jury's verdict, Hill ruled that prosecutors didn’t meet their legal burden of showing that racial hatred motivated Urbanski to stab Collins, who didn't know his assailant. But he noted Thursday that he made that ruling before the hate crime law was changed.
1610679055812.png

Back