• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i...ney_grows_after_puppi.html#incart_river_index
[....]
The Greater Birmingham Humane Society had offered a $500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those involved. GBHS officials on Thursday said the reward now stands at $1,000.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office said the incident happened Monday at Little Cove Way and Alliance Road in the Oak Grove area. A motorist who witnessed the event posted on Facebook that "they didn't even have sense to put them far enough away from the car as to not run them over."

Two of the puppies were killed, and two others injured.
[....]
The surviving puppies are being care for at GBHS.

"Everybody loves a puppy. How could you not?" said Chief Deputy Randy Christian. "I hope they all find a loving home. I'd like to think the person abandoning them had that same hope and didn't mean to hurt any of them. Even so, they deserved better."
23250345-mmmain.jpg

Anyone who recognizes the vehicle in the photos or has information about this crime is asked to call the sheriff's office at 205-325-1450, Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777 or the GBHS Society at 205-942-1211.

A motorist who witnessed the event posted on Facebook that "they didn't even have sense to put them far enough away from the car as to not run them over."
Wait... so this person is saying the person that abandoned the puppies actually ran them over when they drove away. Wtf??

Also, this would happen less often if shelter didnt refuse to accept animals without being paid a relinquishing fee.

The shelter i worked at requested a tiny fee but if the person seemed like they weren't able or unwilling to pay we would take them anyway.

I recently found a stray dog and the shelter insisted i pay $38.00 to leave it there. I could have drove it 40 miles to another shelter and there would be no fee. My problem with that is, the actual owner might not find the dog two towns away.

Nuts.

so much bulshit so many ways around most shelters are high kill in many states Al being one of them same here but if the animals tagged or looks like it has a home they and all shelters need to be trying to find that out. Too many peoples pets including those chipped and with tags have been accidentally put down through incompetence. bet if these puppies hadn't made the news they'd already be gone

so much bulshit so many ways around most shelters are high kill in many states Al being one of them same here but if the animals tagged or looks like it has a home they and all shelters need to be trying to find that out. Too many peoples pets including those chipped and with tags have been accidentally put down through incompetence. bet if these puppies hadn't made the news they'd already be gone

Alachua county FL (Gainesville area) has been in the process of policy changes for the past few yrs, and now nearly all shelters take animals without fees - in addition, the entire county is on path to become no-kill animal regarding shelters.
This is done by the many volunteering and donations via the public.<3

a few years ago I was going into to apply at county shelter and was literally snatched by friends a block away when I went into book store & told people why I was in town by friends because they were concerned I would flip out on the managers it is a mega kill facility like many around here because people nt fix and dump animals so much. There is no help in this county to spay/neuter or vaccinate

There is a need for more low income veterinarian services. In Hernando county there is PET love. Plus there are many people breeding animAls for a quick profit.

Back