• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
2u8yzde.jpg

Police met with Mackay and arrested him on charges of Purchasing Sex with a Minor, Sexual Misconduct, Patronizing a Prostitute, Endangering the Welfare of a Minor, Unlawful Possession of Cocaine and Using a Minor in a Controlled Substance Offense.

http://kval.com/news/local/police-man-accused-of-patronizing-prostitute-under-18

The detectives were led to MacKay after Eugene police arrested an underage girl on charges of prostitution last month. That girl, whose name was not disclosed because of her age, was taken to the John Serbu juvenile detention facility. Following an investigation into her case, detectives discovered that MacKay “had contact with the juvenile on several occasions,” police said.

Police then began posing as a teen to contact MacKay, arranging a meeting for Wednesday.

According to a charging document filed Thursday, MacKay is accused of one felony count of using a minor in the commission of a controlled substance offense and three misdemeanors, including prostitution, endangering the welfare of a minor and sexual misconduct.

According to the church’s website, MacKay originally is from Detroit, Mich. He moved to Eugene in 1998. He was ordained as a deacon of the church in 2009, before becoming a “presbyter” — or priest — in 2011. MacKay is married with one child, according to his biography on the church’s website. The family was featured in a 2010 article in The Register-Guard Oregon Life section called “Spiritual Quest,” when the young family left Eugene temporarily for Pennsylvania, where MacKay began studying for the Serbian Orthodox priesthood.

He’s written books and articles, including a recent work in the St. Vladimir’s Seminary Press titled “How to Make Love: Living an Orthodox Understanding of Love Instead of Dying for Romantic Love.”

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...03BF19E65D29E7DD3281D82A1026FFB6CC5ECA5E319B7

It always astonishes me when I see people pipe up after a crime has been committed by a 'role model' of some sort in their community.

Like if you're a priest or a teacher, a cop or a doctor etc etc - it automatically elevates you to the sainthood pedestal. They're still human beings like all of us and like some of our race, some of them have very dirty and nasty little double lives to lead.

Actually, given the lack, this time, in this article; of church members and community members speaking out saying things like 'oh my! I thought he was such a kind man' etc etc, probably speaks volumes.

I wonder how many people he counseled against drug usage, lying, cheating, adultery and criminal behaviour? Its one thing to be a filthy bastard - but you go from being a filthy bastard to being a vilified, unforgivable piece of shit when your hypocrisy gets laid out for the world to see.

And let's call a spade a spade. If the girl was too young to have her age made public, if she is referred to as a minor - then that makes him a pedophile - a drug user - a cheat, a liar and an adulterer. It also makes him complicit in the sexual trafficking of a child.

If the girl wasn't working as a prostitute, and was instead, from a 'good' home - you can bet your bottom dollar that the police and prosecutors would be pushing the pedophile and sex slavery slant a hell of a lot more.

Last edited:
Back