• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Momzilla

Badass/PTA Mom
Mother and her ten-year-old daughter locked up in a toilet for THREE YEARS by deranged husband who tortured them because he wanted a son
292348_B900000578_3100620_image_a_8_1432813651950.jpg
292348_B100000578_3100620_image_m_7_1432813644276.jpg

• Rameshwar Rao, 40, was furious when his wife gave birth to a baby girl
  • He started a savage campaign of raping her until she gave birth to a son
  • But the abuse did not end with the boy's birth, so Priyanka Rao tried to flee
  • Her husband caught her and decided to chain his wife and daughter to a toilet bowl for three years - only moving them when he needed to use it
[...]
Rameshwar Rao, 40 - an accountant from the city of Chennai - told his wife Priyanka, 32, she should have an abortion when he found out that she was pregnant with their daughter Pamesha.

When Mrs Rao refused to have the abortion and gave birth to Pamesha, her husband started a savage campaign of repeatedly raping her until she again fell pregnant and gave birth to a little boy.

The abuse did not end with the birth of his son, however, and when his wife tried to flee the family home, Rao chained her and Pamesha to a toilet bowl - only moving them when he needed to use it.

Mrs Rao and her daughter were chained to the bowl for three years, despite the fact her husband's parents were also living in the property at the same time.

During that time the pair were hardly able to move and lived on only plain rice and water.

The pair were eventually saved when Mrs Rao's father Raj Narayan and a family friend made a surprise visit to Chennai and found the woman and her daughter tied up in the bathroom.

'They had not seen the light of day for three years. They were fed nothing but rice and were in very bad health,' [...]

'The son on the other hand lived a very good, normal life,' he added.

Despite the severity of the treatment, Chennai said Rao could not be arrested as his wife had refused to press charges.

It is understood she plans to continue living with her husband and his family in their home.

[...]
'The 10-year-old girl was looking like she was three years old,' a second policewoman added.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...usband-tortured-wanted-son.html#ixzz3bS7mPTH3

WTG India! Your laws don't protect women or children & now this battered, brainwashed woman will continue to expose her innocent daughter to whatever new torture this man decides to dish out-- because she's too afraid/broken to stand up for herself or her kids!!!
vaw_india.jpg

Mrs Rao and her daughter were chained to the bowl for three years, despite the fact her husband's parents were also living in the property at the same time.
Excuse me?

Oh who the Hell am I trying to kid, I'm not even surprised in the slightest. I'm not the least bit surprised that his parents had to know and did absolutely, fucking nothing.

I can't process this. I just, can't. 3 years. 3 years starring at each other as they waste away physically and emotionally. Interacting with another human only when he commanded you to move away so he could piss or whatever (gag) else. Then you stay. Stockholm much? Gonna put down the internets and go to my happy place now.

I've spent a few weeks in India, and I'm not so sure I wasn't chained to a toilet bowl the whole time; it's so hard to differentiate :shrug:

I've spent a few weeks in India, and I'm not so sure I wasn't chained to a toilet bowl the whole time; it's so hard to differentiate :shrug:
They have a toilet bowl?!
I'm wondering something that maybe only someone who has been to India could tell me: Aren't toilets in India just holes in the floor? Because this story specifically says "chained to the toilet" not just chained to something in the bathroom. I even tried looking up 'toilets in India' and found only pics like this:
Indian_Toilet.jpg

And that's a high end bathroom-- considering most of the pics looked more like this:
image.jpg

Maybe they had plumbing that he was able to chain them to? Or are there actual pedestal toilets in Indian homes?

Last edited:
By far the nicest one I seen was this one, in Nepal. @Momzilla
exT9b6G.jpg

But the ones on the trains looked like this, with an open hole in the floor and the tracks whizzing by to shit on! There's no running water so I actually had to kick my turd into the hole:shrug:
EvI9cdr.jpg

Last edited:
I realize different cultures do things differently but DAMN! they could clean it once a millenium or two.

@BostonBurns thanks for the input- you're the best! But those gross toilet-holes just make the idea of being trapped next to one for 3 years even more horrific than I first imagined!!!:yuck::hungover::vomit:

Posted on May 27, 2015...

Girl, mother locked up in house for 3yrs - The Times of India

CHENNAI: For three years, Priyanka, 32, and her daughter Padmasha, 10, did not see the light of day. They were locked up in a toilet and sometimes in a small room in the Perungalathur apartment they shared with the woman's husband and in-laws, and offered very little food.

On Monday, when they were rescued by Priyanka's father and brought to the Tambaram all-woman police station, policewomen were shocked at their condition. "We offered them food and it was sad to see how the girl gobbled down whatever we gave," a policewoman said. "The 10-year-old girl was looking like she was three years old," said another policewoman.

Priyanka, a BA BEd from Telangana, married Rameshwar Rao, 40, an accountant in a software firm and shifted to Chennai three years ago after he got a transfer.

Ten years ago, police said, when Priyanka became pregnant and her husband and in-laws found she was carrying a girl, they demanded that she terminate the pregnancy. She refused and gave birth to Padmasha. When she got pregnant the second time, she was treated well as she was carrying a boy, police said.

Three years ago, the two were locked up after Priyanka attempted to escape. Police said Priyanka and Padmasha were given a little rice in the evenings while her son led a normal life .

The woman was also not allowed to contact her parents.

Priyanka's father Raj Narayan came here a month ago but went back without finding his daughter's residence, police said. On Monday, he returned with a relative who knew Tamil, found the house and rescued the two.

Police registered a case under IPC Section 498A and 506 and Section 4 of Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Harassment of Women Act, 1998 against Rameshwar Rao. But he was not arrested as Priyanka and her family requested them not to do so, police said.

Makes sense, it's something that you can try and if you don't like it you still have a nifty little stool. I would be willing to try this.

It took three years of silence before her family began looking for her? Gee, thanks Mom and Dad.
Ok, I understand that they live a completely different lifestyle over there and men are the rulers of the family (and it pissess me OFF), but raped repeatedly, her daughter being abused along side of her, cut off from the world, forced to "live" in a dung hole and starved because she gave birth to a daughter, and she refuses to press charges? WTF??? I'm going to say he has a large, mostly male family and she was terrified to leave. She was prepared to leave the one time and look where that got her. Or, perhaps she knows about their justice system and knew he'd be home by dinner. Sad to say, but I think she and her daughter would have wound up dead. In fact, they still might. :(

And someone please tell that moron that it is the man who determines the sex of the baby.

And someone please tell that moron that it is the man who determines the sex of the baby.
Yes and no. A male does pass the chromosome that determines sex on a genetic level, but it is the fetus that is responsible for making itself male.

All fetuses start as being female, even if they are male on a DNA level. The male DNA should trigger the fetus to start making male hormones. Which in essence make the female genitalia turn into male genitalia. This doesn't always happen. Although rare, there are females who are genetically male but have female reproductive organs because the fetus failed to produce the hormones requires to form the male set. You could be male on a DNA level, but female in outward appearance, ending with you being classified female, even though you are genetically male.

Up until 8 weeks all fetuses are female. Around 8 weeks if they are male genetically, they produce the testosterone and other hormones needed to start developing male genitalia. Between 12-14 weeks is when you can tell the difference between sexes, although the genitalia isn't fully formed until between 16-18 weeks.

The clitoris becomes a penis. The clitoral hood becomes foreskin. The ovaries become the testes, and the labia the scrotum.

ETA: I wasn't referring to ambiguous genitalia. That is a different basket of eggs. I'm referring to fully functioning female reproductive systems, but male DNA.

Last edited:
I can't believe the mother plans to go back to the man who did this to her & her daughter!
If the authorities won't step in to keep her & the kids safe, I wish one of her family members would!
It's tragic to know this is happening & we can't stop it!

Back