• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Before anyone asks why its here since its suicide
technically its a murder
beehat.jpg

Tulsa cops say prep school student Joseph Crabtree, 17, shot his 50-year-old mom dead before turning the gun on himself.​
An Oklahoma teen and his mom were found dead in their home
[...]
after agreeing to an apparent mother-son suicide pact.

Tulsa cops say they may never understand what exactly drove Joseph Crabtree, 17, to shoot his mother Kimberly Crabtree, 50, then turn the gun on himself inside their picturesque suburban home. But after studying a suicide note left in the house, detectives say the pair appeared to be in agreement
[...]
“Since he pulled the trigger on her, it’s technically a murder,” Sgt. Dave Walker
[...]
“But that was in their pact. They were both going to die, and she mostly advanced the ball on that and did things that would make that happen.”
[...]
believes the deaths will ultimately be listed as a murder-suicide, even though evidence showed that Kimberly was in on the deal.

It was a relative who called cops to the Crabtree’s house
[...]
after unsuccessfully trying to enter the family’s home. Cops barged in and found the bodies.

Kimberly’s deteriorating state of mind led cops to respond to at least three mental health-related calls at their house. Still, the mother managed to purchase the gun used in the shootings just a few hours before her death.

Joseph’s Facebook profile is filled with happy photos of him with his friends. He was reportedly away from home often, at boarding and military schools.
[...]
according to Emily Bundy, one of Joseph’s classmates, the teen was also struggling with inner demons.

Bundy said that her friend was trying to control his prescription drug abuse.
“When he came back (from boarding school), he was so excited to tell me that he didn’t want to use them anymore,”
[...]
Bundy had spoken to Joseph last weekend, while the boy was vacationing
[...]
Joseph revealed that he had suffered an anxiety attack and had been thinking about his dad, who died of a heart attack a few years ago. Joseph also invited Bundy over to his house to play Monopoly with his mom.

“He said that he thought it would bring life back into the house,”
[....]
After that conversation, Joseph didn’t answer her calls. His mom Kimberly reportedly flew to Florida on Saturday to bring him back from the vacation.

Nothing could have prepared Bundy for the suicide pact.

“I never saw it coming at all,
[...]
Neighbor Brigid Kelley said that Kimberly and Joseph are survived by two younger children — 8-year-old fraternal twins who had been staying on the East Coast.
“It’s just a tragedy, because the little kids lost their father, and now they’ve lost their mother and their brother, and they’re the only two left,”
[...]
Before going to boarding school, Joseph had attended Cascia Hall Preparatory School and Bishop Kelley High School.

His former classmates at Cascia Hall gathered together in the school’s chapel to honor Joseph’s memory.

“This was very tragic,” said Bishop Kelley’s school president Rev. Brian O’Brien said. “We tried to do our best to provide comfort to those who were affected.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-apparent-suicide-pact-cops-article-1.1878842
His FB
2nlwivo.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/joe.crabtree.50

Kimberly’s deteriorating state of mind led cops to respond to at least three mental health-related calls at their house. Still, the mother managed to purchase the gun used in the shootings just a few hours before her death.
See, I'm all for regular people being able to own and buy guns, but if the cops are called on you three times for mental issues, maybe you shouldn't get to buy a gun until you've gotten help. I mean, it's bad enough that her son was living with her and probably being mentally poisoned by her (unintentionally, I'm not suggesting she exactly WANTED to die and take her son with her, but her illness probably clouded her judgement and leaked into everything she did).

Just sad all around. I wish there was more help for people with mental illness. If the cops come out three times on you, it's obvious you can't cope on your own. :(

See, I'm all for regular people being able to own and buy guns, but if the cops are called on you three times for mental issues, maybe you shouldn't get to buy a gun until you've gotten help. I mean, it's bad enough that her son was living with her and probably being mentally poisoned by her (unintentionally, I'm not suggesting she exactly WANTED to die and take her son with her, but her illness probably clouded her judgement and leaked into everything she did).

Just sad all around. I wish there was more help for people with mental illness. If the cops come out three times on you, it's obvious you can't cope on your own. :(

I don't see anywhere that she was declared to be incompetent by any court ruling. If the mere accusation of incompetency is the litmus-test for owning anything that can be used to do harm to yourself, or others; then a lot of people won't even be able to enjoy a steak, or cut out coupons from the local newspaper.
I'm not saying that she should have owned a firearm, but there has to be a line drawn as to what constitutes hearsay, and fact of being a threat to yourself and others.
A firearm is nothing more than a mechanical tool. They have no prescience or ability to actuate themselves, no more than a chainsaw does, and both can be deadly in the hands of the wrong people.
I'm just pissed that she used her son as the instrument of her demise, instead of simply doing it herself.

There would have been a question on the forms that she filled out that asked her about her mental stauts, I'm a little rusty on the exact warning, but it makes you swear to not being "adjudicated mentally deranged" by the courts. That's the only restriction on those forms pertaining to mental stauts/craziness. And obviously people lie on them too.

Wow, that's pretty freakin' awful. Makes me wonder if they have other family members that have mental disorders. Something has to also be very wrong with HIS brain in order for him to be down to kill Mom and then eat bullets himself.

I'm not saying that she should have owned a firearm, but there has to be a line drawn as to what constitutes hearsay, and fact of being a threat to yourself and others.
Yeah, but currently the only real way to get someone declared incompetent is to wait until they hurt or try to hurt themselves or someone else. So under our current system, there was no way to prevent her from doing this, and that's pretty fucked up. You can't compel someone to get treatment before they hurt someone, even if you can tell it's coming.

I know of a case right now where the ex-husband is about to lose all custody of his son because he's so fucking crazy. He's extremely abusive (like, calls up his ex's work on the regular to tell them she has an STD and should be fired for it, swears at her in front of their toddler, calls the cops on her if she doesn't answer his phone calls within five minutes, and much worse that I can't go into without being too identifying) and I'm pretty sure that he's going to try to kill his son and/or his ex-wife when he loses custody. People involved in the case agree with me, but there's fuck-all the court can do about it because he hasn't actually said "I am going to kill you." It's been implied repeatedly, but unless you actually say it, it doesn't count. That needs to change. If there's a pattern of behavior that clearly shows that something is majorly wrong, we need to get you help.

I think to say we need more gun control is forgetting that if this woman didn't get a gun, she would have driven off a bridge or poisoned them.

We need better mental health.

It sounds like this mother manipulated her sons feelings. I feel really sad for the two eight yr olds left behind. I hope they are in a loving environment and not at boarding school.

I think to say we need more gun control is forgetting that if this woman didn't get a gun, she would have driven off a bridge or poisoned them.

We need better mental health.
I guess I don't understand why it has to be an either/or decision. Why can't we improve mental health care and also prevent people who have been deemed a danger to themselves or others from buying guns until they are better? (Aside from the fact that the NRA owns Congress, I mean.)

Back