• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.ksla.com/story/32318535/...-customer-over-straws-while-working-at-wendys
INDEPENDENCE, MO (KCTV) -

A pregnant teenager was brutally beaten by two customers while on the job this weekend over the matter of drinking straws.

Witnesses say a fight broke out Sunday afternoon at a Wendy’s drive-thru off U.S. Highway 40 in Independence.

Tori Repine, 19, is three months pregnant and her face is covered in cuts and bruises. She is recovering at the hospital. An ultrasound shows her unborn baby to be OK.
[....]
Witnesses say a purple Dodge Charger pulled through after making an order. An argument escalated into the violence.

“She said you forgot to give us our effin’ straws and she (Repine) said, ‘no ma’am, they’re in your bag,’” Salcedo said.

According to an Independence Police Department incident report, an officer wrote the victim had "multiple scratches" and marks on her face, neck, chest and arms. Repine was transported to a local hospital.

The report states a witness told police Repine was pulled through the window by two black females. A third person then exited the vehicle and began assaulting her. There was a fourth suspect, but the witness could not tell if that individual was a man or a woman.

The witness yelled that Repine was pregnant, but they continued the assault.

"If you would do something like this over straws and ketchup,” Salcedo said. “I'd hate to see what you would do to somebody if you were really upset."
[....]
news of the assault caught the attention of many fast food workers in the metro.

Terrence Wise knows the potential for workplace violence all too well. He's worked in fast food for 20 years.

"I've been assaulted," Wise said. "I've had drinks thrown at me, but I've seen coworkers in situations where they've been robbed and harmed by customers that aren't acting right."

Wise, like many others, watched horrified at news reports of Repine being attacked in the drive-thru. He says this is exactly the scenario Kansas City's fast food workers are talking about when they demand better working conditions and a higher wage.

"Demand that Wendy's and all fast food to protect workers," Wise said. "Give them a living wage and protect them. They can afford it."

Salcedo, meanwhile, says her daughter has been released from the hospital and she's resting comfortably at home. She found out at the hospital she's expecting a baby boy. Doctors say the baby appears to be doing just fine.

Salcedo says police have a good description of the suspects, the car and a license plate number.

No arrests have been made.

KCTV5 reached out to the Wendy’s, but it declined to comment.

There's video at the link.

"Give them a living wage and protect them. They can afford it."

Amen, I feel same way about the way convenience store clerks and employees at small box retail, when they have only one or two workers per store at any given time. It's dangerous and the owners can afford to protect and pay their workers better, but they don't cause they can get away with it.

This story made me so damn angry. How the fuck are you going to act like Bubba The Fool over straws? Open the lid and drink it damn it. It's that easy and no one is hurt or goes to jail. Fucking losers.

I can't wait to see these bitch's mugs. That purple car can't be that hard to find.

I don't necessarily believe that's this is ALL that happened prior to the attack. Where's the survaillance footage and does it have audio. I bet there was mutual ghetto rage that led to this.

Fucking filth, the lot of em.

Her kid will prob grow to be a worthless parasite.

This is what set the customer off. Depending on someone's mood, this can be interpreted in the wrong way. If you work in customer service, please put your ego aside and just follow the motto 'Customer is Always Right'. I know it sucks but...It can save you from a world of trouble. Just give them the straws..ur life is more important than minimium wage job!

I'm just glad the un born baby was not ddamaged as result of this incident

Sorry Strity but I disagree. I see that as victim blaming.

She has the right to a safe workplace where she doesn't get beaten bloody by a pair of rabid dogs over straws.

She has the right to not get beaten bloody by a pair of rabid dogs just as a simple basic human right.

Fuck the customer is always right attitude. The customer is often wrong. And that attitude creates huge entitlement. If you're displeased with customer service somewhere, then make a complaint and vote with your money, by never spending there again. That's more powerful to a business.

This kid is earning peanuts in a shitty job, facing up to raising a baby while she's a kid herself. These two bitches had zero right. They were primed to blow. If she'd just quietly handed them extra straws - they would have found a 'reason' to attack her. This had little to do with the customer service they received. It had to do with them being worthless shits who are violent and aggressive bullies.

They're no hopers. A stain on society who will never contribute positively to the community. That's what this is about. Their self-imposed isolation and ostracism from the expectations of our society.

I agree with everything. But the reality of it sucks, b/c her working conditions will never improve and she will always have to put up bullshit. Don't like it? They fire you and find someone else.

Yeah you're right. Industrial relations laws across America need some groundbreaking reform. If this crime occurred in Australia, the company would be in trouble for not protecting her. And she'd be eligible for not only a better wage, but for compensation straight up without needing lawsuits and fighting in court etc - because the company failed in providing her with a safe workplace.

Poor girl. I hope she gets back on her feet soon.

If you work in customer service, please put your ego aside and just follow the motto 'Customer is Always Right'.

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT is bullshit! And that is why they did it, they felt in entitled to be assholes because of the fallacy that THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. Take it from me, (I've worked retail my entire working life since I was 17 so that makes it just about 40 years ) The customer is almost always wrong, but most times it doesn't really make a difference so they get what they want, especially if they are nice about it.

It's when managers and owners bend over backwards to get assholes like the ones in this story whatever they want just to get rid of them or to make them happy when most often nothing will, that the problem comes in. They know if they make a big enough noise they will get it even when they know they are not entitled to it.

I wish the guy who made it up had been stabbed in his sleep, he doesn't know what retail puts up with because of him.

Hah! This surveillance cameras are a real bitch! The video is at the link. Her mother has since made a statement saying she wishes her daughter had been more forthcoming with her account. :rolleyes:

http://fox6now.com/2016/06/28/video...kers-initial-statements-into-question-police/
[....]
The surveillance video shows that the worker was initially grabbed, but later climbs out of the window on her own during the fracas. The footage contradicts both the victim's and a witness' statement to police that she was pulled out by the attackers and fell to the ground.

Police are still looking for the suspects, only described as black females who were in a purple Dodge Charger, the model year was not released, nor was further information about the suspects.

The worker did suffer head trauma, cuts and scrapes on her scalp and has a gash on her face. Doctors also checked on her baby, and said there was a heart beat.

I believe it. If I run out of straws some customers get angry like their drink has spit in it. They'll walk away and not pay or fuss at me loudly.

I make sure I have a case of straws at all time. People are viscous.

My feeling on this is that the women in the car and the Wendy's employee knew each other. I'd bet a paycheck that the underlying cause of this confrontation was a 'man'.

And if you watch the video, one of the 'victims' coworker pulls her back in and then she climbs out of the drive thru window again.

Last edited:
Based on that video surveillance, the only “victim” in this scenario is the unborn child. What I saw looked like a mutual altercation that ended badly for the employee but she is far from a victim herself. She already knew she was pregnant so why act all big and bad when you know you can’t fully protect yourself? So she can act like a rabid dog and because she is pregnant somehow she is exempt from any responsibility? Come on now. Her coworker tried to take control of the situation but the other one kept escalating it.

They should all be charged, all 4 of them. This girl should lose her job for acting the way she did as well. She suffered the worst injuries only because there were 3 against one and she should have done the math before hopping out the window too.

I am calling it as I see it per the video captured. You can't place your bare hand over flames of fire and then cry that it burns. Everyone acted poorly.

Last edited:
Ruh roh, somebody is lyin'!

I think the real question here is which one of the car gorilla gangs boyfriends knocked up this awesome widdle sneaxflayk?

Back