• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
b5rxpc.jpg
n62wsz.jpg

2vbn0hy.jpg
6p3lg1.jpg

[...]
are investigating whether a cop put a seven-months-pregnant woman in a chokehold while busting her for illegal grilling in Brooklyn — an incident caught on film.
[...]
released Monday by an East New York advocacy group show Rosan Miller, 27, struggling with a cop who appears to have his arm around her neck.

The NYPD prohibits the use of chokeholds.

Officers went to the home over the weekend because Miller was grilling on a public sidewalk in violation of local law,
[...]
But a melee broke out that ended with her, her brother and husband all in handcuffs.

The brother, John Miller, was charged with harassment and obstruction of justice. Her husband, Moses Miller, 34, was charged with resisting arrest and obstruction. Rosan Miller got a summons for disorderly conduct.
[...]
former city councilman Charles Barron heard, he called cops to complain and "expedite" the Millers' release
[...]
"This was all over a grill," Barron said. "This is about grilling in front of her house."
The advocacy group, People Organizing and Working for Empowerment and Respect, released the photos.
[...]
pointed out that the woman's daughter can be seen in the photo watching her mother being arrested.

Barron said one of the cops, a lieutenant, went to the building at 594 Bradford St. Thursday about a domestic incident involving another resident, returned on Saturday and encountered the grilling.
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...an-apparently-put-chokehold-article-1.1882755

and yes I understand grilling is illegal in alot of areas but c'mon NYC surely has bigger crimes that need tending to
and theres no denying shes very preg and as far as Im concerned thats not warranted anyplace
using force on a very preg woman

b5rxpc.jpg
n62wsz.jpg

2vbn0hy.jpg
6p3lg1.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...an-apparently-put-chokehold-article-1.1882755

and yes I understand grilling is illegal in alot of areas but c'mon NYC surely has bigger crimes that need tending to
and theres no denying shes very preg and as far as Im concerned thats not warranted anyplace
using force on a very preg woman
I agree, but at the same time they can't let people do whatever they want just because they are prego or because a child is watching
I put it on her, her husband and brother. I'm sure the cop didn't run over there and put her in a choke hold because she was grilling
I'm pretty sure they brought it on themselves
Picture is not a choke hold, arm is across upper chest to shoulder, he's just trying to get control, shes obviously not cooperating which is what this whole mess about

She wouldn't still be struggling in the fourth frame had he placed her in a choke hold

Last edited:
I just don't understand why some people are so damn obstinate. Now, I was quite the prick when I was young but I knew that fucking with the cops is a quick ticket to jail. As Sweet Brown said, "Aint nobody got time for that!"

I have practiced Judo for about a quarter of a century, I know chokes and strangles. Nothing in those pictures comes close to being a choke or for that matter a strangulation technique.

The arm is loosely speaking around the neck but there is neither.
a) attempt at compression of the windpipe (choke).
b) attempt to constrict the carotid arteries on the side of the neck (strangle).

I don't know how justified he was in his use of force but those pictures don't show what is being claimed.

Pregnancy is not a pass to be arrogant or break the law and if anything it should provide you reason to stay out of harms way. :banghead:

Also while I appreciate that the guidelines prohibit their usage properly trained and applied manual strangulation techniques are probably the safest (for the opponent) way of subduing a resisting opponent. There have been no fatalities in Judo from shime-waza since its inception in 1882.

The key parts of the above is properly trained, applied and manual (not using a night stick, baton or Maglite to apply)...

I think SHE is wrong!!! She was illegally grilling and HAD to know it was illegal. Once confronted/caught by police on their way through to the other incident, she should have played the good neighbor 1) apologized and 2) agreed to shut down the grill. 3) Fired it back up once they were gone 4) in a new location..perhaps on the side or back of the building or even a park if you are not supposed to grill at the residence! I think she deserved to be arrested AND fined when she/they did not comply.

No officer, don't say shit to me while I am committing this crime because I am pregnant and hungry!!! LoL That seems to be her attitude.
I KNOW there are some dick cops who would act an ass but most cops I have encountered tend to say for minor shit like this...'look you and I both know this is wrong, shut it down or at least make it look good while I am here. As long as neighbirs weren't complaining they likely could give a rat's ass, unless the owner/tenants have complained at length about the cookouts....

They would be shitty with me because if they were my tenant I would put them out for illegal grilling and causing a nuisance and commotion at my property! Bye-bye now!!

She is laughing in the last pic? I agree with her being at fault. I'm sure the cop didnt see a grill run over there and became aggresive with her. In order for her husband, brother, and herself to be placed in handcuffs they must of all been ignoring the cops requests. I can picture it now,sure they were being scandalous and she thought she could use the "preggo card".

I'd bet my life's savings that the cop didn't show and say, "they're grilling burgers and hot dogs! Arrest them two fuckers and chock hold the preggo one! Oh and the little kid watching? Foster care! That'll teach them to have a barbecue!"

No, my bet is that the cops said "hey, folks shut it down" and they started acting like gutter trash with a fuck the police attitude.

"STOP RESISTING!" "STOP RESISTING!" "STOP RESISTING!"

With her ending up with the lightest charge, I'm sure it was just rapidly escalating and broke down into a fun little bit of madness. Wish there were pictures of the husband and brother.

"Yes ma'am, I do see that you are 'with child'...and no ma'am, that does not mean that the laws don't apply to you."

i don't really know but I'd guess, tight quarters, fire risk, it's a sidewalk, trash left on sidewalk, Idk.

i don't really know but I'd guess, tight quarters, fire risk, it's a sidewalk, trash left on sidewalk, Idk.

Also, grills stay hot for a long time after people have finished with them and tend to get left where they were used until they are cold enough to move. They could be obstructing the pavement (US: sidewalk) and there is a risk to passersby who are not aware of the hot embers.....

If she was resisting or causing a loud disturbance then the cops had to react to get the situation under control. I mean if they cops asked then to put the fire out and they said "Why, yes, Officer, anything we can do to make your job easier" and he just lost his shit and put her in a choke hold, then he's a huge fucktard but if the Officer asked and her and her family started cussing and yelling and acting stupid then the police had a right to react and get the situation under control.

You don't get to walk around acting like a fucktard because you managed to get knocked up, it's not always some huge accomplishment (some have many problems with fertility and therefore it is HUGE!!!), you're like millions upon millions of other women, but you also don't get to walk around acting like a fucktard because you have a badge, again, many, many men and women have them.

Maybe its cause im a nieve little farm girl.... but why is it illegal to grill. ....

It is in most community style living around here. (Condos, apartments, etc.)

Fire hazard.

My guess is he came around to tell them to stop and she mouthed off to him. You can't mouth off to police, so he went to arrest her and she went nuts. Screw her. Being pregnant doesn't give you a free pass to be a dick.

Last edited:
You can't grill a few burgers in front of your house? Why ??.........
If you signed a lease that says you can't have a grill there then you're shit out of luck.

I'm not saying the cop was justified, he could have told the complex that she said she was gonna keep grilling and they could have started the eviction process.

Fucking gotten ridiculous, and I thought Demolition Man was just a movie, had no idea it was the future

Rosan Miller, 27, told a news conference set up by civil rights advocates that she was in "a lot of pain," following the incident, which was recorded on cell phone video and shown to reporters. Miller said police questioned her and her husband, Moses Miller, 34, on Saturday for grilling outside their Brooklyn home before the scuffle took place.

"The community is traumatized," said former City Council member Charles Barron who stood beside Miller at the conference.

"And, all for what. All for what? Barbecuing?" he said.

The allegation comes days after a Staten Island man, Eric
http://www.amny.com/news/rosan-mill...ys-she-was-put-in-chokehold-by-nypd-1.8913917

Squad Leader: Simon Phoenix! Lie down with your hands behind your back.
Simon Phoenix: What's this? Six of you. Such nice, tidy uniforms. Oh I'm so scared!
[the Police Officers look at each other]
Simon Phoenix: What you guys don't have sarcasm anymore?
[Police Officer talks to his automated assistant]
Squad Leader: Maniac has responded with a scornful remark.
automated assistant: Approach, and repeat ultimatum in an even firmer tone of voice. Add the words, "or else".

Last edited:
The community is traumatized
This happened in NYC, right? I highly doubt NYC is fully of pussy-motherfuckers who are "traumatized" after this. NYC residents are really tough, they were traumatized after the WTC bombing in the 90's and after 9/11, so woman getting put in a choke hold for being a jackass to the police, doesn't exactly rate high on their Trauma Scale.

Maybe its cause im a nieve little farm girl.... but why is it illegal to grill. ....

It's typical to have these rules in densly populated apartments/areas. It's so one idiot on the grill does not make everyone homeless when they catch the building on fire with their lighter fluid soaked burgers....

Back