• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A 14-year-old boy charged with murdering his pregnant mother had twice been removed from her care due to her substance abuse and concerns about domestic violence, it has been revealed.

The decomposing body of Nita Moseley, 33, was discovered on her kitchen floor in a pool of blood in La Marque, Texas, on Saturday by a concerned neighbour.

Her son, who has not been named, was missing until Sunday, but when found in Houston was arrested by police and charged with murder as a juvenile.

[...]

Spokeswoman Estella Olguin said the teenage suspect was first removed from his mother's custody in October 2005 and was in foster care until his paternal grandmother received custody of him in March 2007.

He again was removed from his mother's custody in April 2010 and was in foster care until his father was awarded custody in February 2011.

She added that another son also was removed from the woman's custody less than a month after his birth for the same reasons as the older boy.

It comes after the father of the unamed boy spoke out defending his son, saying that he had been 'dealt a bad deck of cards.'

The man, who had his name withheld, told KPRC 2: 'My son is a good kid who was dealt a bad deck of cards.

'This is a story that will let people know that families need to stick together. When they don't, this is the kind of thing that takes place.'

[...]

The neighbour who found her told KHOU that the son seemed to be stable and appeared to be a good student.

He said: 'Apparently he got really good grades. Smart kid, wanted to play football.'

[...]

They had not previously received any disturbance calls at that home, according to an official.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...her-pool-blood-twice-removed-family-home.html

Really, eh? And who's been holding the taller stack - you, or the mom? Take responsibility where it's due, asshole.

I'd imagine the mom held the higher hand. The justice and custody systems GREATLY favor women, to an absurd degree.

We don't know enough about the father or the family situation to start bashing on him. He may have been helpless against the dead moms apparent abusive, chaotic child rearing of their son.

We don't know enough about the father or the family situation to start bashing on him.
I agree, which is why I didn't spaz out on him. But as the father, I do think he must share some accountability in some way.

Before I posted my earlier comment, I went looking for more info about him but didn't find any. I searched on a people search engine to find possible relatives of the mom, thinking he may be listed, but I found only two people who are probably her parents. I'd still like to know more about the situation though.

Was he back in his mother's custody after the father got custody in 2011? Or was he just on a weekend visitation with her?

I'd be interested in knowing more on that front.

I'm not saying that the father of the child was necessarily a bad or evil person. I am, however, saying that I want to know why the mother, who was obviously beyond unfit, had any custody of the child that killed her. The paternal grandmother had the child, the father also had the child, so then the mother had him again for why? Were the father and his mother also unfit? Did they just give him back?

I can't say because I've never worked any custody cases in Texas, but I would think that had either one of them been fit, she would never have gotten the child back, unless they just didn't care and gave him back to her. In all fairness, that might only apply to the State that I'm from, but no way in hell would she have gotten that child back in my home state unless the father was a pos and just took him to her house and left him.

Again, I'm not judging the father specifically as a bad person, or necessarily a bad parent because I haven't worked a case in every county in every state and I suppose it might be possible that the court let her have the child. I want to know why she had the child in the first place, and if the father was even fighting to get him out of her house or not. If he wasn't, he's a bad parent. Down vote all you want. It's my opinion.

Charged as a youth thank goodness...jump back into the school work, save his grades, his academic year. Whatever the reason, I bet it was compelling kid. xoxo!

This article says that CPS became involved in 2005, amid a "bitter custody battle" where both parents placed the child in potentially dangerous situations. At which time custody was placed with relatives and he bounced around for years.

CPS became involved for a 2nd time in 2010, with no explanation of why he wasn't still with the relatives he was placed with.

Also there were mutliple RO's in this mess.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/a...home-teenage-son-charged-with-murder/35556392

It might be he thought this was the only way to get away from her, maybe from all of them. Very sad state of affairs, all around.

1618723608994.png

Chance Moseley, 19, faces an automatic sentence of life in prison with the possibility of parole. Because Moseley was 15 years old when the crime occurred, he was not eligible for the death penalty or a life sentence without parole, prosecutors said.

Chance Moseley killed Nita Moseley, his mother, inside a rented three-bedroom house in La Marque in September 2015. Nita Moseley, who was pregnant at the time of her death, was stabbed more than 55 times and was strangled with an electrical cord, prosecutors said.

During the trial, Chance Moseley’s defense attorneys argued he was the victim of a turbulent upbringing that saw him removed from his mother’s custody multiple times.

They described Nita Moseley as a regular drug user who had methamphetamine in her system when she died. They argued Chance Moseley did not intend to kill her unborn child on the day he “snapped” and murdered her.

Chance Moseley will be eligible for parole after serving 40 years in prison, prosecutors said. He does have the ability to appeal his conviction.

Back