• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
A witness who helped rescue a family after their mother allegedly drove her minivan into the ocean says that one of the children was screaming that their mother was trying to kill them.

Read more http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/2489045...nally-drove-van-with-3-kids-inside-into-ocean

Not putting this in Crimes Against children because I'm not sure she did this on purpose. I mean, she PROBABLY did, but who knows.

Another Floriduh nut stop having soo many kids if your just going to try to kill them.......Just off yourself why is that so hard these days why make the children suffer now her kids are going to know for the rest of their lives that mom tried to kill us with her and have a deep seeded hate for her. tsk tsk...

Her disoriented manner and the blank stare the witnesses describe says to me some kind of psychosis or drugs. Whatever her reason (if any) how very sad for those children to be aware their mother was trying to kill them - maybe she even told them so - and how very fortunate enough people were close by and willing to risk their own safety to save them.

I just want to go and hug my kid now but she's in school.

Her disoriented manner and the blank stare the witnesses describe says to me some kind of psychosis or drugs.
I cannot believe that I'm going to say this but with her being pregnant let's pray that it's bat shit crazy and not drugs.

Yep, she totally meant to do it. She talked of demons beforehand.
Fricking crazy people who think demons are real.

The pregnant woman who reportedly drove a van carrying her and her three children into the ocean on Daytona Beach on Tuesday had contact with police just hours before the incident, before which she allegedly mentioned demons.

Daytona Beach Police Department officers initially interviewed the woman, identified as 32-year-old Ebony Wilkerson of Cross, South Carolina.

Wilkerson's sister called 911 to report that Wilkerson was allegedly mentioning demons.

Officers found that Wilkerson did not make any statements that she was suicidal or homicidal, according to Volusia County Sheriff Ben F. Johnson said Wednesday. If she had, Johnson said would have been taken into custody under the Baker Act.

Johnson said Wilkerson told officers she was heading to an abuse shelter, so they could not take her into custody. Initially, Wilkerson did not want to tell the officers where she was going for fear her ex would find out. Two hours later, the Wilkerson's van was in the ocean.

The Volusia County Sheriff's Office is still, interviewing the children, and no charges have been filed against Wilkerson at this time.

"One thing is we'll look at 'was there intent?' We have to determine that," Johnson said. "We'll also be in contact and we are in contact with the State Attorney's Office. They are involved with this. We want to make sure whether we have criminal intent involved in this. Could this be some kind of medical crisis? We have to look into all of those things to determine and make sure that we're going in the right direction."

Claude Bouchard of Quebec was on the beach just having fun on Daytona Beach when he said he heard lifeguard sirens and then saw the van alongside the water. He got out his phone and began shooting video of what he saw.

"I saw a car beside the water and she was running, she was running, and then just in front of us she stopped, and then she goes in the water," Bouchard said.

Reporter: "She turned straight in?"

Bouchard: "Maybe not straight in, maybe the waves swallowed her."

Reporter: "Do you think she purposely drove in there?"

Bouchard: "No I don't think so, I don't know. I thought at the time it was kids fooling around with cars or something like that."

Bouchard said he saw suitcases in the water. But he had no idea kids were in the van and could not believe what he was seeing.

"I said 'maybe she is confused or the people inside were confused.' I don't know," he said.

Michael Bowk from Washington DC saw everything from the second-floor balcony of the Rodeway Inn where he was visiting with family and friends.

"She was a little bit in the water, and people were chasing her. She got out of the water, regained control, then turned right back in for it and that is when panic struck and they all started chasing out there to get the kids. And it was just unreal," Bowk said. "In our minds, there was no way it was just accidental. We saw it point blank, she turned back into the ocean and we could not understand why."

The KICKER is this:
Volusia Sheriff Ben Johnson said Daytona Beach Police did not have any grounds to take the woman into custody under the Baker Act.
Uhhh, yeah. she's obviously a danger to herself AND others. Classic way to get yourself Baker Acted. Dumbasses.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...aytona-beach-car-pregnant-mom-rescue/6035485/

This story sounds like it should be a good way to get the kids away from her, tho. I hope they do take the kids because if she's not in therapy or something, she'll do it again and again! Demons!? Demons my big old butt, sounds like the only demon is her abusive husband and now she's trying to kill the kids, I hope they see the danger the kids are in.

I used to live in yulee and on the island a few yrs back. Don't miss it at all.
Idk. I live at the end of Chester on the river. Not bad.
I work at Wal-Mart. Still not terrible. Job sucks, but the people are generally good.

Idk. I live at the end of Chester on the river. Not bad.
I work at Wal-Mart. Still not terrible. Job sucks, but the people are generally good.
Depending on how long you have lived there, we might have a few mutual friends. The area sucks because I moved there from Vegas but I agree on the people part. :)

The South Carolina woman accused of trying to kill her three young children by driving them into the ocean in Florida last week was involved in a car crash that claimed a woman's life several years ago.

Doug Krane's wife, Jennifer Krane, had just given birth the couple's first child when they crossed paths with Ebony Wilkerson on a freeway near Fort Lauderdale in February of 2007.
On the day of the deadly wreck, Wilkerson was going northbound on Interstate 95 when she switched lanes and slammed into the rear of a Nissan operated by Doug Krane, who was driving with his wife and infant son in the car.

The impact sent Krane's car skidding across the road and into a concrete barrier. Jennifer Krane suffered critical injuries in the collision and died several days later.
Wilkerson was cited for improper lane change, lost her license for a year and was ordered to serve 132 hours of community service, according to court records.
'I didn't think I'd ever hear her name again,' Krane said of the news that Wilkerson allegedly had tried to kill her children. 'I was shocked, and when I first found it was her it did bring tears to my eyes because something could have been done earlier.'
Krane describes Wilkerson as 'weaving in and out of traffic' before hitting his vehicle from behind.
'She got into the lane to the right of us and somehow got a little bit behind us and then...like you see on cops, she hit us from right behind the back right tire and did like the pit maneuver and instead of stopping on the spot she tried to keep going,' he said 'I think the only reason she ended up stopping was because her car wouldn't go anywhere.'

Krane says that it was the events after the wreck that killed his wife that made him think less of Wilkerson - he initially dismissed her reckless driving as that of a young driver, noting that 'everyone who is young drives foolish.
'But then when she got to the hospital she wasn't very nice to anybody,' he said. 'They said she was the nasstiest person they'd ever dealt with.'
In court, Krane says Wilkerson tried to convince the judge that she wasn't at fault, and that Krane was the one who hit her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-causing-2007-wreck-killed-young-mother.html

In court, Krane says Wilkerson tried to convince the judge that she wasn't at fault, and that Krane was the one who hit her.
How I would have loved to hear her theory of how the accident happened that way. "Yes, your Honor, I was driving like a fucking fool then this crazy dude with his wife and infant son in the car just slammed his car into reverse on the Interstate and started flying backwards until he hit me". Yep, perfectly logical.

This lady is a real classless act. She really thought that drowning her kids in a car would work? On a beach with other people on it? Then to blame the accident she caused on the widow! I think she is a selfish piece of shit who shouldn't be allowed contact with her children until they re grown enough to decide. I somehow hope that the case of vehicular homicide or whatever they charged her with adds time to this case.
AND it mentioned she was supposedly abused by her husband...it was either mutual combat or she instigates it. There is no way you feel like you can openly place the blame a grieving person whom you made a victim, or treat hospital staff horribly because you can't choose to drive responsibly then fall victim to some guy. She chose it if it is even real. Quit looking for an excuse to be the shitbag you have chosen to be....

Mom who drove kids into ocean to stay in hospital
The pregnant mother charged with attempted murder after she drove her minivan with her children inside into the ocean at Daytona Beach will stay in the hospital and not return to jail for now.
Ebony Wilkerson's attorney, Public defender James Purdy, said he and State Attorney R.J. Larriza, reached an agreement to keep Wilkerson housed at Halifax Medical Center's mental health facility.
Wilkerson's bond will remain at $1.2 million but according to both sides, she will keep getting the mental health treatment both sides agree the pregnant mother of three needs.
[...]
It was revealed in a previous bond hearing that the pregnant mother was Baker Acted because she was beating her self in the stomach while in custody.
Wilkerson's aunt says the family is satisfied the pregnant mother will be getting the treatment she deserves and needs after they claim she was being abused for a long time by her husband.
[...]
http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...rticles/cfn/2014/3/25/ebony_wilkerson_fl.html

Charges reduced...

Prosecutors in Daytona Beach say they've filed attempted second-degree murder and child abuse charges against a pregnant South Carolina woman who drove a minivan carrying her three small children into the Atlantic surf.

Volusia County Sheriff's deputies initially arrested 32-year-old Ebony Wilkerson on three counts each of first-degree attempted murder and child abuse charges following the March 4 incident.

Prosecutors wouldn't say why charges were reduced.

Public Defender James Purdy said in a statement that he plans to enter not guilty pleas at Wilkerson's arraignment Thursday. He says he believes the evidence will show Wilkerson never intended to harm the children - ages 3, 9 and 10 - or herself.

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...cused-of-driving-minivan-with-kids-into-ocean

Well, she obviously had a talk with a forensic psychiatrist who realized she is indeed mentally ill.
Frankly, I'm glad the charges were reduced.

I'm not sure how i feel about that she sounds like a real piece of work is she crazy and has real issues or is she manipulating because she has no one to blame. At first i thought crazy and felt bad about the whole situation but after she hit that family and the lady died her excuses to blame makes me not sure about the new incident.

Bail Reduced and shes had her 4th baby

A Volusia County judge has reduced the bond of a South Carolina woman accused of driving her minivan into the Atlantic Ocean with her three children inside.

Judge Leah Case lowered Ebony Wilkerson's bond from $1.2 million to $90,000 Thursday after hearing testimony from a psychiatrist that she didn't believe Wilkerson was a danger to the community.
Wilkerson has been back in a Daytona Beach jail for a week since giving birth to her fourth child, a boy, on May 19. The baby's father, Lutful Ronjon, has returned to South Carolina with the child. Wilkerson's other children are being sheltered by the Florida Department of Children and Families.

If Wilkerson posts bond she must remain in Florida, have no contact with her children and take anti-psychotic medication.
Wilkerson testified Thursday that she would comply with all of those conditions. The public defender representing Wilkerson on three counts each of attempted murder and child abuse said the bond remains too high.
[..]
http://www.news4jax.com/news/woman-who-drove-kids-into-sea-wants-out-of-jail/26222786

I really want to believe this is some kind of mental issue thats serious. But it mostly sounds like from her history, that she makes bad choices and then makes excuses to get out of it. The fact she is still asking for bail reductions is pathetic to me. Youve already got how many people stepping in to raise your 4 kids and now you want people to put up money for you too? why? If my kids were gone and I cant even call them, Id just sit right there in the jail as Id have nothing left to leave for.

Latest posts

Back