• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Ricardo Medina Jr., who played the Red Lion Wild Force Ranger, allegedly stabbed his roommate to death with a sword after an argument. Medina once starred in "Power Rangers Samurai" and worked as a male stripper on the side.
BY Jason Silverstein
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, February 1, 2015, 6:36 PM

It’s lawyer time.

An actor who once played a Power Ranger on several versions of the popular kids show, including “Power Rangers Samurai,” killed his roommate with a sword, police said.

Ricardo Medina Jr., who was once the Red Lion Wild Force Ranger, got into an argument with Joshua Sutter, 36, and the two started brawling in their Palmdale home Saturday afternoon, TMZ reports.

Police said Medina went into his bedroom with his girlfriend and Sutter forced his way in, at which pointed the past Power Ranger allegedly got carried away with his samurai skills.

Medina called the cops after stabbing Sutter in the abdomen and waited for them to arrive, TMZ reports. He was booked for murder and is being held on $1 million bail.

ETA: link.

Isn't this the second Power Ranger to find his way onto the Demon?

An internet lapdance for whoever can link the other one, as I'm feeling too lazy to search.

Skyler Deleon is the one who pretended to be in the market for a nice boat and killed the couple selling it.

Was just talking about that wanker the other day. Skyler isn't his real name, he must've just thought it sounded kewl. Wtf were they feeding those actors? Something murdery...

I guess when being a Power Ranger was the apex of your fame you start to realize you're a down and out loser.

A real Power Ranger wouldn't have had to use a sword. Pussy. Are we sure he wasn't the Pink Ranger?

He was released with no charges.

Lawyers for the 36-year-old said he was acting in self defence after he was assaulted by Joshua Sutter at their home in LA.

Prosecutors have decided not to file charges, instead asking detectives to carry on investigating.

[..]

Medina said he and a female friend locked themselves in his bedroom after a row with Sutter.

He claimed his flatmate kicked the door open, at which point he grabbed the sword to protect himself.

His lawyer, Allen Bell said: "There simply aren't facts here for a crime. It is a self defence case.

"You have an individual here who was the victim of a beating in the kitchen area before he went to the bedroom and locked the door to secure himself from any continuing violence.

"He kicked the door in to continue the aggression", he continued.

Medina was arrested after calling emergency services.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/31125228

Lawyers for the 36-year-old said he was acting in self defence after he was assaulted by Joshua Sutter at their home in LA.
That's what it looked like to me too, to be quite honest. Still, with Skyler Deleon's case as background it made an interesting item to bring to the forum.

--Al

Innocent or not, I still wouldn't fuck him. Too pretty for me. No thanks.
That being said at least it's not the OG Green Ranger in trouble. Now that would have made me sad.

No charges filed against former Red Power Ranger arrested in fatal stabbing of his roommate

(CNN) — Ricardo Medina, the former “Power Ranger” arrested Sunday, February 1st in the fatal stabbing of his roommate, has been released from custody while law enforcement investigates Joshua Sutter’s death.

No charges have been filed against Medina, who police said stabbed Sutter in the abdomen with a sword, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said this weekend.
http://fox6now.com/2015/02/03/no-ch...r-arrested-in-fatal-stabbing-of-his-roommate/

A former Power Ranger who allegedly murdered his roommate in February last year using a replica medieval sword in a row over his girlfriend was re-arrested on Thursday and charged with murder.

Ricardo Medina Jr., 38, was taken into custody and is being held on a $1 million bail.

Medina, who played the Red Ranger, was released shortly after he was initially arrested on February 1, 2015.

According to TMZ, Medina reportedly told officers that he stabbed Joshua Sutter after he forced his way into his bedroom during the fight.

Sutter was said to have been angry that Medina's girlfriend was spending too much time at their home when the former Power Ranger was not there, TMZ reported.

On the day of the murder, Medina reportedly called 911 himself and was taken into custody in Palmdale, California, shortly afterwards, reports claim. Sutter was taken to hospital and pronounced dead.

The roommates started fighting at around 3.30pm, according to reports.

Medina went into his room with his girlfriend but Sutter tried to follow them, the report states.

It was then that Medina allegedly dealt the fatal blow.

Medina starred in the 2002 TV series Power Rangers Wild Force before playing Deker in the 2011 series Power Rangers Samurai.

He also voiced Deker in the video game Power Rangers Samurai, and in the movie Power Rangers Samurai: A New Enemy, which hit theaters in 2012.

[…]

'He is a great friend and a great client. It's something I can't even conceive. I don't see that in him. He was a very helpful guy and great with his dog. It's such a shock,' said Gar Lester, Medina's former agent who has known the actor for 12 years, told ABC7 last year.

Medina's neighbor, Justin Adamson, said the actor had moved into the block about two months ago.

He told ABC7: 'We brought him some bread and just tried to interact a little bit with him, but he was more of the, you know, the type of guy that didn't really want to communicate.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-roommate-sword-arrested-second-time.html

Ex-‘Power Rangers’ Actor Ricardo Medina Jr. Pleads Guilty to Killing His Roommate

Actor Ricardo Medina Jr., whose credits include the series “Power Rangers Samurai,” has pleaded guilty to a felony count of voluntary manslaughter in the stabbing death of his roommate, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said Thursday.

Medina, 38, admitted an allegation of using a sword in the killing.

According to the district attorney’s office, Medina got into an argument over Medina’s girlfriend with his roommate, 36-year-old Josh Sutter, on Jan. 31, 2015. The argument became physical, and Medina fatally stabbed Sutter multiple times with a sword.
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/ex-power-rangers-actor-ricardo-medina-jr-pleads-191209881.html

Power Rangers has always sucked. I made fun of my kids to the point they were driven to tears when they tried watching that trash.

A former actor who played one of the Power Rangers in the children’s television series has been sentenced to six years in prison for killing his roommate with a sword, the Associated Press reports.

Ricardo Medina Jr. pleaded guilty earlier this month to voluntary manslaughter of Joshua Sutter. The former Power Ranger was initially charged with murder, but decided to plead to the lower charge, his lawyer told the AP.

Superior Court Judge Daviann L. Mitchell gave Medina the maximum sentence after hearing testimony from Sutter’s family. "Put this killer in general [prison] population so he will see and feel the same fear that Joshua must have felt," the victim's father, Donald Sutter, said, according to the AP.

http://time.com/4719955/ricardo-medina-jr-sentenced-stabbing-power-rangers/

wow, case in point with Calif: 6 years in prison for murder if you can pled down to manslaughter and that the heaviest sentence less that some drug possession or dealing sentences there by far

Back