• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
PITTSBURGH
-- Pittsburgh police are searching for a man who unknowingly slipped through their grasp just hours after they say he killed a woman who was cooperating in a homicide case against his brother in St. Clair Village.
Monnica Gay
Homicide detectives have a warrant for 26-year-old Charles Cabiness, 26, who's accused of pointing a gun at Monnica Gay's head on Cresswell Street and shooting the 38-year-old Wilkinsburg woman while she was visiting her sister to baby-sit just before noon Saturday.

WTAE Channel 4's Shannon Perrine reported that Cabiness was a passenger in a car that was stopped by police for an unrelated matter on Saturday night -- after Gay was killed but before they knew Cabiness was a suspect -- and Cabiness was not detained at that time.

The housing complex where Gay -- a mother and a grandmother -- was slain is the same one where she and her family mourned the May 14 death of her brother, Davon Young.

On Monday, police said Gay had been a witness in the case against her brother's suspected killer, Luzay Watson, and was set to testify at Watson's homicide trial but declined an offer to go into a protection program.

"Surely, we want to do everything we can possible to keep them safe," Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki said. "But as I said, we can't kidnap them and put them in witness protection. ... (We can) offer, suggest, persuade them to come into the program, especially if there is a safety concern."
Cresswell Street in St. Clair Village
Shortly after 11:30 a.m. Saturday, witnesses apparently saw a man run up to Gay and shoot her, but police said they're concerned that nobody is coming forward with information about the shooter, even though people saw what happened on that bright weekend morning just two days ago.

"Unless we start solving these crimes, they tend to continue," Stangrecki said.

At a Monday afternoon news conference, Pittsburgh police said Cabiness is Watson's brother and was likely trying to silence Gay before she could stand up against Watson in court.

Gay's stepfather, Richard Forton, said Gay had been the target of threats before her death. He told Channel 4 Action News, "I know that they had, or was like, 'If you testify against my brother, we're going to kill you.'"
Pittsburgh PD
Pittsburgh police obtain an arrest warrant for Charles Cabiness in a fatal shooting at the St. Clair Village housing complex.
Cabiness is described as black, 5 feet 9 inches tall, about 165 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. His last known address was Stranmore Street on the North Side and he's considered to be armed and dangerous, police said.

Records show Cabiness has a record dating back more than 10 years with charges that include marijuana possession, burglary, harassment, trespass, assault, possession with intent to deliver and fleeing and eluding police.

Anyone who has information regarding Gay's death or Cabiness' whereabouts is urged to call Pittsburgh police homicide detectives at 412-323-7161. Callers can remain anonymous.

It's unclear how Gay's death will affect the prosecution's case against Watson. Police said they do have the money and resources necessary to protect witnesses of violent crimes, and people under protection sometimes need to move but it's worth it if they can help prosecute homicide cases.

"Up unto this point, there wasn't much of a concern in the Davon Young case because there was no other threats out there," Stangrecki said. "However, with Ms. Gay being killed, we certainly are reaching out to any conceivable witness and offering services."
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/cnn-news/20509891/detail.html
8vpwyu.jpg
<Monicca Gay
206d37o.jpg
<Charles Cabiness
dfvoeh.jpg
<

Wow she's a 38 year old grandmother so I'm sure her child is a young parent and was needing her to help them with the grandkids. Really suckish.

It's this kind of shit that allows murderers, rapists and all the other fuckheads (men and women) to get away with being fuckheads. Witnesses are scared to be The Witness. And rightfully so. The protection for them is obviously not enough. Whatever protection they get before the trial they get sweet fuck all AFTER the trial.

Last edited:
Police Witness Monnica Gay Executed While Baby-Sitting For Sister

I keep reading this as the police saw it happening. :noidea: Brain fart.

Police Witness Monnica Gay Executed While Baby-Sitting For Sister

I keep reading this as the police saw it happening. :noidea: Brain fart.

Me too Dakota..I wanted to know why the police were baby-sitting..I just woke up so that is my excuse..

The sad part about Pittsburgh (and I am sure other cities) is that the police actually try to investigate these crimes and people shut the hell up and suddenly saw nothing. These same people who "saw nothing" will then be in the media screaming that the police need to do more to better the nieghborhood. Having lived in Pittsburgh, and knowing quite a few of the cops through my prior job I can say that it is frustrating and pisses them off.

I don't understand the mentality either. What dumbasses.

And with their thuggery they silence the victims, and the innocent people around them. What a scourge.

A 12-year-old girl testified yesterday that she looked into the eyes of her sister's killer and immediately recognized him as Charles Cabiness.

That prompted District Judge Richard Olasz to hold Mr. Cabiness, 26, for trial in the killing Aug. 22 of Monnica Gay, 38.

Deputy District Attorney Mark V. Tranquilli withdrew a count of retaliation. Initially, the suspect had been charged with shooting Ms. Gay because she had testified as a witness in a preliminary hearing against Mr. Cabiness' brother, Luzay Watson, in an unrelated homicide.

Ms. Gay's brother was gunned down May 14 in St. Clair Village in the same block where she was killed three months later.

Mr. Tranquilli agreed with defense attorney James M. Wymard that Ms. Gay's testimony did not implicate Mr. Watson. So the shooting in August was not clearly retaliation.
[...]
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09318/1013410-53.stm

So it wan't retaliation, "only" murder?

That makes it all so much better........ NOT!! :rant:

From 2011:
North Side man convicted of killing trial witness

A North Side man was convicted Friday of first-degree murder in the death of a witness for another homicide trial.

Charles Cabiness, 28, will be sentenced in January to a mandatory life sentence, said Mike Manko, a spokesman for the Allegheny County district attorney's office.

Mr. Cabiness shot and killed Monnica Gay, 38, while she was visiting her family in St. Clair Village in August 2009. Ms. Gay had testified against Mr. Cabiness' brother, Luzay Watson, in another murder trial.
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...of-killing-trial-witness/stories/201110210158

All these siblings with different last names is like a Russian novel. Need to list the names and relations in the beginning.
So a man murdered a woman whom he thought could testify against his brother, but she only showed up after the murder, and had no evidence. Good thing they caught him. He was probably planning to shoot other "witnesses" who had no evidence.
Both he and his brother are serving life for murder.
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...St-Clair-Village-killing/stories/201010230187

Back