• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

Z7hbghfm.jpg

A pregnant woman who was shot and killed Saturday night near Triangle Town Center struggled to tell a 911 dispatcher her name and location to save her unborn daughter's life.

The Raleigh Police Department on Monday released the eerie call that 25-year-old Kimberly Dianne Richardson made to 911 moments after she was shot behind the Party City near Triangle Town Center. Also Monday, Richardson's boyfriend, 25-year-old Daniel Joseph Steele, appeared in a Wake County courtroom on first-degree murder charges.

In the 911 call, Richardson is struggling to breathe when she says, "Help. I've been shot."

"I'm not ... " she said when asked for her address. "Party City, behind Triangle Town Center mall."

When asked for her phone number, Richardson told the dispatcher, "I can't ... I can't talk."

She was able to tell the dispatcher that she was outside, but what followed was nearly 43 second of chilling silence before she could muster enough energy to again tell the dispatcher, "Behind Party City."

Another 31 seconds of silence followed before sirens could be heard in the distance.

Upon arrival, Raleigh Police discovered that Richardson had been shot and that she was was six months pregnant. Police said she was taken to WakeMed where doctors performed an emergency cesarean section to save her daughter's life.

Her child survived, but Richardson passed away from her injuries.

Police identified Steele as the suspect in the shooting. He was located at his home on Snowcrest Drive a short time later and charged with her murder. Steele, wearing orange and white jail clothes, appeared in court for only about a minute.

Judge Vincent Rozier told Steele he could face the death penalty. Steele, who worked for York Security, had once been assigned to the Triangle Town Center.
[...]
Steele is being held without bond.

Richardson worked at Zales at Triangle Town Center. At the request of her family members, no further information is being released about the infant, according to a WakeMed spokesperson.

Loved ones have now set up a fundraising website to raise money for flowers and support Richardson's family.

http://www.wncn.com/story/28840113/raleigh-police-woman-shot-saturday-night

What a fucked up moran. Solved all your problems, did you? Oh, wait, you just created new ones instead.

I'd like to know what happened between them that day to precipitate this tragedy.

Six months pregnant is very premature. It's like... 28 weeks. Poor kid is going to have a hard time of it. Hope there are family members who can adopt.

I wonder if Mom knew before she died that her baby was going to live. I hope she did. If I were pregnant and dying, knowing the baby would live would make it at least a little easier.

I laugh every time I see this now. Every. Single. Time.

I kinda chuckle myself every time I write it. I remember that thread and how outrageously off track it became because of that. It was one of those really bonding DD moments. Thanks for being there. :)

I laugh every time I see this now. Every. Single. Time.

I have the exact opposite reaction, myself. The "moran" thing has over-saturated popular media in recent years thanks to the dude below... so for me, it's no different than if he was walking around saying "hella" all the time or something.

So, I guess I'm just glad someone is enjoying it.

morans_zps9hpmolt0.jpg

What a fucked up moran. Solved all your problems, did you? Oh, wait, you just created new ones instead.

I'd like to know what happened between them that day to precipitate this tragedy.

In my experience when a man resorts to physical abuse its ALWAYS over something serious. :sarcasm: ..they called your phone and you did not answer .. you waved and smiled at a guy you work with... One of your guy friends liked your photo on Fb ...majority of abusers beat on woman over ridiculous reasons.... Most of them probably can't even tell you what the argument started over..

I first saw it at Democratic Underground forums a very long time ago. Of course, my big mouth got me banned from there a very long time ago, too. I'm not exactly a fan of the current two-party system.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/

The two-party system has maintained political stability in the United States, more or less, since the inception of the Republic. You could try living in Rwanda. You people have it easy. Get over yourselves.

In my experience when a man resorts to physical abuse its ALWAYS over something serious. :sarcasm: ..they called your phone and you did not answer .. you waved and smiled at a guy you work with... One of your guy friends liked your photo on Fb ...majority of abusers beat on woman over ridiculous reasons.... Most of them probably can't even tell you what the argument started over..
You didn't shut the drawers in the kitchen all the way,left 5 seconds on the microwave,put on makeup to go out with your husband-yep all the really important reasons.(yes this is sarcasm)

September 09, 2016

A Raleigh man who killed his pregnant girlfriend 15 months ago has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and attempted murder of an unborn child, making him among the first to be convicted under the 2011 law.

Daniel Joseph Steele will spend at least 32 years in prison after he acknowledged in a plea before Judge Paul Ridgeway on Sept. 1 that he shot and fatally wounded Kimberly Dianne Richardson on April 18, 2015. Richardson was 25 and six months pregnant when she called emergency dispatchers from her mobile phone at about 9:40 p.m.

According to search warrants from the case, Steele, now 26, admitted to arresting officers that he shot Richardson after the couple had met to discuss problems they were having in their relationship.

“At some point during the meeting, the victim went to leave, at which time the suspect fired two rounds, hitting the victim twice,” police wrote in the warrant.

Steele also told officers where he put the weapon and ammunition used in Richardson’s shooting, according to the warrants.

Ridgeway sentenced Steele to at least 20 years for the second-degree murder conviction and 12 additional years for the attempted murder of an unborn child. Prosecutors were able to bring the attempted murder charge because of a law adopted in 2011 that gave prosecutors the ability to file double murder charges in cases where the victim was pregnant.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article100948777.html

I'm 50/50 on the whole idea of charging someone for hurting a baby in vitro. Yeah I know I'm problematic, fight me.
In this case becos the baby was viable after birth I wholeheartedly agree with the charges.
Then again you have to be a cold hearted son of a gun to murder a pregnant woman, so fuck it, I guess I really do agree with that statute.

Back