• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ack-man-shot-her/ar-BBwyRoK?OCID=ansmsnnews11
[....]
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Friday that agents have obtained warrants charging Jackson police Officer Sherry Hall with making false statements, tampering with evidence, interference with government property and violation of oath of office.

The GBI says Hall made a police radio call early on Sept.13, and said she had been shot. Hall said she saw a black man near a woodline while she was on routine patrol, and she approached him to ask him why he was there. He became argumentative and shot her, she claimed. She said she fired two shots at the suspect with the Glock .22 issued to her by the Jackson Police Department, but said he fled into the woods.

Hall is white. Police said previously that Hall was shot in the abdomen but her bulletproof vest protected her.

Jackson police chief James Morgan said he called in the GBI to conduct an independent investigation. According to the GBI, Hall told investigators she hadn’t turned on her police car’s video or audio recording devices. But when investigators turned up video and audio from the unit’s hard drive, they found her statements inconsistent with the recordings and other evidence.

The GBI says investigators determined she was not a victim of a shooting.

At a press conference Friday, investigators and prosecutors didn’t say whether they believe Hall shot herself, citing the ongoing investigation. But they said they do not suspect she had accomplices.

Her claim that an armed suspect was still on the loose instilled fear in the small central Georgia city of just over 5,000. Jackson Mayor Kay Pippin said she was “disappointed anyone would contribute to such fears.”

“For two weeks, the good people of the city of Jackson poured out their hearts in expressions of concern and support for what we believed to be a police officer – one of our own – harmed in the line of duty, Pippin said.

Hall’s daughter spoke to CBS affiliate WGCL shortly after the incident, pleading for the gunman to turn himself in.

Friday, officials reassured the community there was no gunman at large.

Morgan said Hall is on paid administrative leave. She had been with the department for about three months before the incident and had been in law enforcement for about four years, Morgan said.

Officials said she had checked herself into a private facility, but wouldn’t elaborate. She was expected to be arrested and booked on the charges upon her release.

Wanted some attention and wanted to be famous, at least famous in her small town, and she had to make up stuff and make people scared of black people to do it.

I view of recent events in the news and her fabrication, she needs to have whatever law is appropriate tripled, since she is a police officer and there is no excuse for her or her actions.

On paid leave???? The folks of this community should be up in arms about that issue. She no longer deserves to be on the city's payroll.

Yes let's incite racial tensions even more than they currently are at this time.
She is so mentally fucking deficient I'm spitting nails over here. I wanna punch her til her head opens up and I can see if she actually has brains or if it's filled with fluff and thoughts of Pumpkin spice.

You would think they could come up with something more believable. I mean they arrest and charge people with stories better than hers everyday of the week.

She should have to repay everything she earned whilst on leave, after she's fired of course.

Female cops are a fucking menace, far and away the most dangerous and least trustworthy members of out nations stormtroopin forces

http://www.cbs46.com/story/33309880...jackson-cop-accused-of-lying-about-being-shot
A Butts County judge denied bond Tuesday for a former Jackson police officer accused of making up a story about being shot by a black man.

Sherry Hall, who had been on Jackson's police force for three months, is charged with violation of the oath of office, false statements, tampering with evidence and interference with government property.
[....]
When CBS46 dug deeper into who Hall is we found she had been convicted of first-degree criminal damage to property.

Records show Hall has also been previously charged with a felony. She was charged with first-degree criminal damage to property more than 20 years ago in the 90s after an arrest in Spalding County. She was fined $1,700 and received five years of probation.

CBS46's Adam Harding also confirmed that the Jackson police chief knew about Hall's criminal record, but said she was cleared by a Police Officer Standards Organization prior to being hired.

Check back with www.CBS46.com for updates.
12052012_G.jpg

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/inside-e...er-sentenced-to-15-years-in-prison/1495157945
A police officer in Georgia has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for falsely claiming in 2016 she had been shot at by a black man, officials said.
[....]
For days, police searched for the man who shot Hall, and at one point, investigators even questioned a man resembling the suspect's description.

But eventually, officials said they noticed holes in Hall's account of what happened. Hall's squad car's video system was recording during the incident and only picked up two shots being fired, not three, Assistant District Attorney James Moss told the Journal-Constitution.

Though three shell casings were found at the scene, the two found near Hall's car matched her gun and the one found in the woods where she said the shooter was actually matched a department-issued backup firearm, Moss said.

Hall also inconsistently described the alleged shooter.

No one has been able to confirm what happened that night, or how a bullet became lodged in Hall's vest.

Some believe Hall, who at the time had been working for the Jackson Police Department for three months, may have fabricated the incident to improve her standing within the department, or to establish an incident to get disability payments for post-traumatic stress disorder, according to the Journal-Constitution.

"I couldn't prove what the motive was," Moss told the paper. "But I could prove that what she said was a big bucket full of malarkey."
[....]
Hall, 43, was convicted of 11 criminal charges, including making false statements, violating her oath and tampering with evidence.

She was sentenced to 15 years in prison and 23 years on probation. Hall will serve her time at Arrendale State Prison in Alto. Her conviction and sentencing comes after she rejected a plea deal that included five years in prison and five years' probation.

"She's scared to death of prison," Hall's brother, Steve Weaver, told the paper. "She wanted to take a plea, but not one that included prison time. She thought spending 90 days in jail before posting bond was enough."

Kimberly Berry, who represented Hall at trial, told the Journal-Constitution her client was suffering from severe emotional distress at the time of the incident and that she checked into a mental health facility the day after.

"She was basically having a nervous breakdown," Berry said. "I think Sherry, to this day, doesn't know exactly what happened."

The nervous breakdown excuse is plausible. But I think she knew what she was doing and she remembers how and why she did it.
Creating an incident for disability claims is totally believable.

Back