• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Alexis Rasmussen Goes Missing While Babysitting *found deceased*

North Ogden missing teen case becomes criminal investigation
NORTH OGDEN, UT (ABC 4 News) - A North Ogden community has united to draw support in the search of a missing 16-year-old teen. Alexis Rasmussen was last seen baby sitting at the home of Eric and Dea Millerberg September 10th. The couple is being investigated, but was recently arrested on other drug charges.
The family thinks she isn’t safe because they say Alexis is a social person. They told ABC 4 she would have already communicated with her friends and even her mother. “It is ridiculous that any child can go missing for 30 days or a week. I completely lay this on the hands of North Ogden PD, because they should have issued a statement,â€￾ said Christal Stephens, a family friend.

Christal wants to know why it has taken so long to bring awareness on the disappearance of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen. A few days ago her status went from runaway to missing and endangered. “I think they messed up and they are trying to be quiet about the investigation to cover up they really made a mistake,â€￾ she added.

Detective Paul Rhoades with North Ogden PD said investigators are looking into every lead. Officers have gone to places of possible sightings and even interviewed the last person Alexis texted. “We haven’t gotten a hold of the text message itself, but we did get a hold of the friend and interviewed him at length. His explanation is that they were just talking,â€￾ Detective Rhoades pointed out.
As for the Millerbergs, their home has been searched and a Saturn car was towed from the front.

Alexis went to Weber High with Hope Hathaway, another missing teen found over the weekend. Hope’s father, Dan, says initially it was believed the two were together. He commented, “We know where my daughter went. We know the adults that were hiding her out and lying to law enforcement, so far they haven’t made any arrests or investigations.â€￾

Friends and family believe she is out there, somewhere, waiting for help. “A girl is not going anywhere without her phone, makeup, they are not going to take off and not take their clothes, so that was an indication to me that something bad happened. Something is preventing her from coming home,â€￾ Stephens said.

[...]
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...-becomes-criminal/4oB337ZoakKDQayhxWpBrw.cspx
5v4rxx.jpg
Alexis Rasmussen​

Police are now turning up the heat in the case of a missing teen.

It's turned into a criminal investigation and the family of 16-year old Alexis Rasmussen says the FBI is involved.

"I feel lost, really lost," said Dawn Miera, the mother of Rasmussen.

It's been over 30-days since Rasmussen went missing. Originally North Ogden police called her a runaway.

"I told her she wasn't a runaway," said Miera. "She took nothing, nothing."

But police are calling her case an endangered missing persons case and are asking for outside help.

"They were trying to use every resource available including the FBI," Miera said.

On the night the 16 year old disappeared she was babysitting at the Millerberg's home in North Ogden.

Eric and Dea Millerberg have since been arrested on unrelated charges. Eric for a parole violation and Millerbert for writing a fraudulent prescription.

In fact, Miera said Dea Millerberg was caught on surveillance at a Layton store trying to get a prescription. Her daughter was also with Millerberg and was seen on the surveillance video.

"I don't know what she was doing with her there," Miera said.
[...]

Miera says she was texting her daughter late into the night she disappeared. She said Alexis was worried because the Millerbergs had not returned home and it was approaching midnight.

"I told her to just sleep there and not come home," Miera said.

But Miera soon learned that her daughter was texting a boy at around 12:30.

"They were planning to meet at a nearby school," she said. "But that didn't happen and the boy he never met with her."

Police say there have been reports of sightings throughout northern Utah but none have panned out. Miera is holding out hope that she's alive and perhaps someone is holding her against her will.

"Send her home," Miera said. "Let her go. I miss her and I love her. I want her home."
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...sing-teens-return/bLgbsciTWE2Azftl2CpKDg.cspx

As soon as I read this I knew it wasnt going to have a happy ending,
they shouldve treated this as a crime as soon as the others were arrested and she hadnt been seen
I know they have to check it out b/c teens runaway but not all do
They need to start handling these cases case by case based on the individual teen
This is over a month missing and they finally treat it as a crime??
Thats a crime

Thats a crime

I totally agree with this. And you are right.... I don't think this will have a happy ending. That poor kid. Who knows what happened to her, and no one's talking. Typical.

Thats a crime

Except that she went missing at the same time as her friend and they were thought to have ran away together. They didn't realize she wasn't a runaway until her friend popped back up and told them they weren't together.

I just hope this doesn't turn out like Elizabeth's case. I really feel for these families of the girls. Could it be true that if the cops hadn't wasted so much time calling Elizabeth a runaway, she might have been found alive? I hope Alexis is ok, but it's not looking real good right now.

Police continue to investigate the disappearance of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen and although she has not been found, police say they have received numerous tips from the community about possible sightings.
[...]

North Ogden Police tell ABC 4 News that there have several possible sightings of Alexis reported by members of the community.

Paul Rhoades with North Ogden Police Department says, “Each sighting, tip, or other piece of information we receive is appreciated and we are grateful to the community for their continued vigilance and assistance in helping us find Alexis.”

At the time of this report, there are no changes in her status but police are encouraged by the continued sightings being reported. Rhoades says that North Ogden Police are investigating all possibilities in the case.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ible-sightings-of/wyOvCLpcF0SR7xQ6gKnONw.cspx

Body found in connection with Alexis Rasmussen disappearance
NORTH OGDEN, Utah—
Weber County authorities confirmed to FOX 13 that their investigation into the disappearance of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen led them to a grave in remote Morgan County.

Weber County Attorney Dee Smith said in an interview with FOX 13 that a confidential informant provided them information that led them to the gravesite.

"The investigation that North Ogden Police Department has been conducting for the last month did lead them to the site where the remains were discovered. This wasn't a random discovery," Smith said.

North Ogden Police Chief Polo Afuvai said they have not confirmed that the remains were that of Alexis Rasmussen. Smith told FOX 13 there is a "strong possibility" that it is. An autopsy was being performed by the state medical examiner on Wednesday.

Rasmussen, a Weber High student, was last seen Sept. 10 at Eric and Dea Millerberg's home babysitting for the couple. Her family says when Alexis did not come home they called police and reported her missing.

Afuvai said in a news conference Wednesday that a confidential source led police to the gravesite in rural Morgan County on Tuesday afternoon. Authorities refused to divulge any more information about that source.

Smith said that there are suspects in the ongoing investigation, but he refused to identify them. Asked if authorities were pursuing a murder case or a kidnapping, Smith cautioned that it was early in this phase of the investigation.

"Until the medical examiner has had a chance to complete the autopsy and I have an opportunity to review those results, it's an ongoing investigation," he said.

[...]
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-r...o-not-yet-identified-20111019,0,1913075.story

Weber High School students are talking about the last time they saw Alexis Rasmussen. The 16-year-old teenager vanished from North Ogden September 10. A missing persons report was filed the following day.

News about a confidential source leading police to a grave and body in rural Morgan County spread to students in the High School minutes after it was broadcast on live on ABC 4 Wednesday.
[...]

Classmates are talking about the last time they saw Rasmussen. "I have a few friends that saw her that night she disappeared and they said that she looked fine," said Scott Birth.
[...]

Many students are Weber High are retracing their steps recalling the last time they saw Rasmussen, wondering if there is any clue in their memories that may help answer question about what led to her disappearance.

North Ogden Police Department spokesman Paul Rhoades says police have received reports about a party Friday night, but not Saturday night.

The department is following all leads and would like any details about a party Alexis may have attended Saturday.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...asmussen-was-last/C1Ysc4uU2EKlTfOGdxqgiQ.cspx

Police confirmed Thursday they are "looking at quite a few people" who may have seen Alexis Rasmussen the night she disappeared.

The 16-year-old Weber High School junior has been missing since a Sept. 9 baby-sitting job at the home of Eric and Dea Millerberg, who are now in the Weber County Jail on drug charges unrelated to the girl's disappearance.

Police have been told Alexis may have briefly left the Millerberg residence the night of Sept. 9 around 11 p.m. or midnight, either to meet a friend at a nearby school or for a ride home.

"That's the question, isn't it, whether she went back to the Millerbergs that night," said a source close to the investigation, speaking on condition of anonymity. "That's one of the things being checked."

"That she may have gone to meet someone that night is the information we've been given," said Detective Paul Rhoades, spokesman for the North Ogden Police Department. "We still have not confirmed or refuted that yet."

He acknowledged that, if confirmed, the development points to other suspects.

"We're looking at quite a few people she may have seen that night,"
Rhoades said.

Officials announced Wednesday they had found human remains in Morgan County near Taggarts that they believe to be Rasmussen. Formal identification from the state Medical Examiner's Office is still pending.

Weber County Attorney Dee Smith would only say investigators want to hear from anyone who saw Rasmussen that night.
[...]

A neighbor of the Millerberg home in the 3200 South block of 900 East said the couple, even with three small children, were running what he described as a party house with numerous visits by police and people coming and going at all hours of the night.

"There were always teenage girls there, always," said the neighbor, asking that his name be kept confidential. " ... they lived there three years. This was the first year they watered the lawn."
http://www.standard.net/stories/2011/10/20/police-rasmussen-may-have-left-millerbergs-house

Still no official ID on the remains found.
[...]
Russ Dean, assistant professor of criminal justice at Weber State University, said there are a number of reasons why the remains have not been identified.

"If there's a delay it could be based upon not enough information," he said. "It may be based upon insufficient records, it may be based on any number of factors that delay that identification coming forward."

One of those factors is the state of the body. Dean said the condition of the remains, which has not been discussed by police, could definitely impact identification. Dental records, fingerprints and DNA evidence can all lead to answers, but also take time to find and process.

The notion that the remains could be identified through photographs or by family members "couldn't be further from the truth."

"We all want results right away," Dean said. "In today's knowledge of Hollywood that on television every night there's kind of a common misconception that it happens immediately. That there's some lightning bolt that hits the case and solves it immediately. That's not how it is."

The medical examiner is also charged with determining the cause and manner of death and their findings are often a large part of the criminal investigation. It can help build a more solid case and potentially provide more leads and more evidence.

"Having patience in these cases helps us along and helps the criminal investigators along and helps the public understand that looking for the best answer is the best policy," Dean said.

There is also a possibility, according to Dean, that identification may have been made, but not released for strategic reasons.

"Another thing that should be considered … would be that the results of the identification might be a key piece of information in the investigation," Dean said. "That investigation, that key information that cannot be released, may be the linchpin in the case that helps them locate the individual responsible for the death."

Many of the answers are with the body and Dean said that once remains are collected, they become a crime scene in and of themselves. He raised the possibility that they don't belong to Alexis Rasmussen at all.

"The most dangerous thing an investigator and medical examiner could do is develop tunnel vision and chase red herrings," he said. "It really doesn't matter who the person is, it doesn't matter the circumstances of the case, the medical examiner has to take as long as needed.
[...]
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705392952/Missing-teens-family-wanting-waiting-for-answers.html

If I read between the lines of what's being said/not said, it sure sounds like the Millerbergs are the suspects.
Investigators have suspects in the death of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen, but Weber County authorities would not identify them or say what their role was.

“I am confident police do know who is responsible for her death,” Weber County Attorney Dee Smith said on Monday. Smith stopped short of saying the suspects were in jail. But, he said, “I don’t think they’re in a position where the general public needs to be worried about them.”
[...]

Smith would not say whether the Millerbergs are the suspects in Alexis’ death or whether the suspects are believed to have killed her deliberately. He did say investigators have enough evidence to charge the suspects with some crimes but are awaiting autopsy results to finalize the scope and degree of the charges. The medical examiner’s report may not be finished for a month or more, he said.

“The body’s disposal suggests foul play, but I can’t say to what degree,” Smith said.

Alexis’ body was found Oct. 18 within two miles of the interstate and about 35 to 50 yards from a road along the Weber River, Smith said. Police have said they were directed there by a confidential source. Smith would not say whether Alexis’ body was buried or whether it showed obvious signs of trauma, but he said its condition leads investigators to believe Alexis died not long after she disappeared.

On the night before she was reported missing, Alexis’ mother had given her permission to stay over at the Millerbergs’ home because it was late, police have said. The Millerbergs said that between 11 p.m. and midnight, Alexis told them she was leaving to meet a friend at a nearby school.

Alexis had been with friends that night, but no evidence suggests they were involved in her death, Smith said.
[...]
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/entertainment/52775851-78/alexis-smith-death-suspects.html.csp

Millerbergs named 'persons of interest' in Rasmussen homicide

NORTH OGDEN, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Police have named Eric and Dea Millerberg as "persons of interest" in thier investigation into the homicide of Alexis Rasmussen.

Weber County Prosecutor Dee Smith said that Eric and Dea Millerberg's criminal past makes them a danger to the public, and that Eric will return to prison for violating the terms of his parole stemming from a drug conviction.

Smith said that Eric Millerberg is a known gang member with a long criminal past.

Smith said investigators have seized two vehicles from the Millerbergs as evidence, and are waiting for toxicology reports on the body of Alexis Rasmussen, whose body was found in a grave site in Morgan County one week prior.

Smith said investigators believe Rasmussen was killed in a home and her body was later moved to the grave site.

Police say they are still processing evidence and are looking for help from the public in gaining more information on the case.

Police have not yet identified who the anonymous caller may have been, and asked the public for any information that might aid them in their investigation
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...nterest-in/Bj2BoR7TCUy39LT-6x4jbA.cspx?rss=20

Last edited:
She either accidentaly overdosed on what she willingly took or overdosed on what they drugged her with so he could have sex with her & they covered it up.
That's what I have thought from day one.

NORTH OGDEN, Utah –*Police in Utah have named the “persons of interest” in relation to the death of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen, the girl who went missing back in September and whose decompsing body was found earlier this month. In no big shock to anyone following the case, Eric and Dea Millerberg, the couple Rasmussen was allegedly babysitting for the night she disappeared, are the police’s prime suspects. For those of you who have not been following this story, reports are that Rasmussen was last seen on Sept 9th while babysitting Eric and Dea Millerberg’s two young children. The couple would say that the teen left later that night to see friends after her mother told her it was ok for to sleep at the couple’s home since it was late when they arrived back home. On October 18, police found the decomposed body of Rasmussen 35 to 50 yards from a road after acting on a tip from an anonymous caller. Police would announce that her death was homicide, but not necessarily murder. The fact that her body was moved to the location it was found indicates foul play, but they have not ruled out her death may have been the result of criminal negligence. The couple *would be arrested on suspicion of prescription fraud and violating probation and they do have a criminal past, Eric being a known gang member.*Regardless*of their*involvement*with Rasmussen’s death, Eric is going back to prison for violating the terms of his parole stemming from a drug conviction. Before the Millerbergs were named as actual suspects, County Attorney Dee Smith said*they were waiting on autopsy results to get a better idea on what charges to file against their suspects, but that they already had enough evidence to charge them with some crimes right now. The medical examiner’s full report may not be finished for a month or more.  
This article is from The Dreamin' Demon, the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

More...

Alexis Rasmussen died the same weekend she was last seen, Weber County Attorney Dee Smith said Tuesday morning.

Smith spoke briefly to the growing contingent of reporters covering the case after Eric Millerberg, a person of interest in the girl's disappearance because his home was her last known whereabouts, was ordered to prison on unrelated drug charges.

Rasmussen was last seen going to a baby-sitting job at the Millerberg home the night of Sept. 9, a Friday.

Smith said she died "on Sept. 11, or shortly thereafter."

She did not come home Sept. 10 and was reported missing to the North Ogden Police Department on Sept. 11.
[...]

The state Medical Examiner's Office used dental records and fingerprints to identify the remains as the missing 16-year-old.

In his comments, Smith said charges against suspects he wasn't prepared to name will "definitely" include desecration of a corpse. That charge can include such actions as moving or hiding a body.

As to the death, he said charges could range from murder to negligent homicide.

But Smith said no charges of any kind would be filed until final results of Rasmussen's autopsy come back from the state Medical Examiners' Office, which would be a matter of weeks.

In Tuesday morning's hearing, Eric Millerberg was sentenced by 2nd District Judge Scott Hadley to up to five years in state prison for a probation violation.
[...]
http://www.standard.net/stories/2011/10/25/person-interest-teens-death-prison

Attorney says charges coming in Alexis Rasmussen's disappearance and death
OGDEN, Utah— Criminal charges are coming against Eric and Dea Millerberg in connection with Alexis Rasmussen's disappearance and death, the lawyer for Dea Millerberg said Wednesday.
"There's been a general discussion that charges will be coming," lawyer Mike Bouwhuis told reporters after a brief court appearance for Dea Millerberg on a prescription drug fraud charge
Bouwhuis said charges could range from murder to desecration of a corpse. Charges will be determined once autopsy reports are completed, he said, which is several weeks away.
"The county doesn't even know what they'll file," Bouwhuis told reporters. "Right now, I think the range is wide open."

Outside of court, Weber County Attorney Dee Smith said very little. He would not declare the Millerbergs "suspects," or even reiterate what he had said Tuesday -- that they were "persons of interest."
"They're being investigated. Take that for whatever you want, but they're being investigated in her death and disappearance," Smith said.
The Millerbergs have apparently been under a cloud of suspicion since Alexis Rasmussen vanished on Sept. 10. Alexis' body was found just off I-84 near Taggert last week. Smith told reporters on Tuesday that he believed that Alexis likely died inside a home around Sept. 11. He said cause of death would be dependent on the autopsy, which would dictate what charges would be filed.

Smith confirmed Wednesday that Weber County's Homicide Task Force was convened prior to a search warrant being served on the Millerberg's North Ogden home. A pair of cars have been seized as evidence -- at least one of which belongs to the couple.

Bowhuis said he has talked to his client about the pending investigation against the Millerbergs about Alexis' disappearance and death. He would not reveal what she said to him.
[...]Bouwhuis said charges could range from murder to desecration of a corpse. Charges will be determined once autopsy reports are completed, he said, which is several weeks away."The county doesn't even know what they'll file," Bouwhuis told reporters. "Right now, I think the range is wide open."
Outside of court, Weber County Attorney Dee Smith said very little. He would not declare the Millerbergs "suspects," or even reiterate what he had said Tuesday -- that they were "persons of interest."
"They're being investigated. Take that for whatever you want, but they're being investigated in her death and disappearance," Smith said.
The Millerbergs have apparently been under a cloud of suspicion since Alexis Rasmussen vanished on Sept. 10. Alexis' body was found just off I-84 near Taggert last week. Smith told reporters on Tuesday that he believed that Alexis likely died inside a home around Sept. 11. He said cause of death would be dependent on the autopsy, which would dictate what charges would be filed.

Smith confirmed Wednesday that Weber County's Homicide Task Force was convened prior to a search warrant being served on the Millerberg's North Ogden home. A pair of cars have been seized as evidence -- at least one of which belongs to the couple.

Bowhuis said he has talked to his client about the pending investigation against the Millerbergs about Alexis' disappearance and death. He would not reveal what she said to him.
[...]
http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/...xis-rasmussens-death-20111026,0,1774732.story

Alexis' family speaks about investigation, thanks volunteers at news conference
Alexis Rasmussen's family gathered to talk to the public Wednesday and discuss Alexis' life and events regarding her homicide investigation. But they also wanted to say thanks.
I just want to thank everyone who helped, tried to help find her,” Alexis Rasmussen’s younger brother told the crowd gathered at Barker Park in North Ogden.
Alexis Rasmussen’s body was found after she had not been seen since Sept. 10. Hundreds of friends, family and locals searched for her before she was found dead off of Interstate 84 near Taggert last week. North Ogden Police have two people of interest in Alexis’ homicide investigation, Eric and Dea Millerberg, who saw Alexis last when she went to babysit at their house.

“It doesn't matter where you live or how nice of an area you know. I didn't even know like the neighbors knew, because I live in a different area, I didn't think anything like this could happen,” said Alexis’ mother Dawn Miera.
Miera said she only met Dea Millerberg at first and she said seemed like a regular mother like herself.
he truth is I'd never met Eric, but Dea seemed to be a mom like me. I'd run into her at the store. I took her daughter to my five-year-old daughter's birthday party. She just seemed to be a mom like me. I had no idea that they'd be capable of doing something like this.”

She goes on to describe first meeting Eric Millerberg and said she “had the most horrible feeling in the world.”

[....]
Alexis’ stepfather also asked the public to donate on his daughter’s behalf to help cover funeral expenses.
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-a...-meeting-millerbergs-20111026,0,5033084.story

hen Eric Millerberg was taken to the Utah State Prison on Friday by Weber County Sheriff’s deputies, it was his fifth trip to Point of the Mountain since November 1997.

Court documents and web searches present a picture of him and his wife, Dea, as sitting well outside the mainstream, in contrast to the middle class North Ogden neighborhood where they landed in 2008.

He schemed to run a business from the home aiding others in defeating drug tests.
[...]

In a letter Millerberg wrote a year ago to a 2nd District Court judge pleading for leniency on his then-latest arrest, he tries to paint a picture of a struggling wage-earner.

“I own my own home, I reside in (sic) and my mortgage is a very handsome sum every month, and in 2009 I was laid off from a job that I had for eight years worth of tenure in (sic) and in January and October of that same year I had major surgery for an inguinal hernia,” all one sentence in the Oct. 14, 2010 letter to Judge Scott Hadley.

“There was a lot of down time and I saw my whole life falling apart and gave into (sic) a weak moment,” he wrote, apparently referring to his May 2010 arrest on charges of credit card fraud and forgery.

He writes of both he and his wife having to work to pay the mortgage and feed their children. Sending him to prison means “we will lose the whole life we have built.

“Please Judge Hadley, I beg you give me a chance to prove myself.”

He talks of earning straight “As” toward a bachelors degree from a local business college and starting a family business with his stepson called Fastone Inc.

He doesn’t detail the business for the judge. But an internet ad for “Fastone” shows Millerberg by name selling tips on how to fool drug testing.

Send him $10 and a self-addressed stamped envelope to his North Ogden address and the ad promises “No more stress. No more worries. 100 % success factor.

“The info we send you will guarentee (sic) your success with any style drug screen.”

The letter concludes with the closing: “Please let me be a father, Eric.”

Whether the letter moved Hadley is hard to gauge, judges relying much more heavily on the recommendations of confidential pre-sentence reports from Adult Probation and Parole. But Millerberg got six months in the Weber County Jail, avoiding what would have been his fifth trip to prison.

That came Friday. Hadley found him in violation of his probation on last year’s May arrest for using oxycodone twice.

The Millerbergs’ two children living with them, a daughter born in December and Dea Millerberg’s 6-year-old daughter from a previous marriage, are in state custody, officials said.

Eric Millerberg last week in court asked Hadley to allow him probation so he could enroll in the Child Protection Drug Court program in juvenile court, which oversees custody now of his children.

It would have been a step toward his retaining custody. Hadley declined the request without comment after Deputy Weber Attorney Chris Shaw called the idea “ridiculous.”

Court records show the following cases for Eric Millerberg, 36, and Dea Millerberg, 38. They list aliases for him of “Rooster” and “Shamie.”
[...]
The article goes on to list his criminal history: http://www.standard.net/stories/2011/10/29/millerbergs-have-long-history-legal-trouble

Search warrants show Alexis Rasmussen was much more than just a baby sitter to Eric and Dea Millerberg, the couple now suspected in the death of the 16-year-old.
[...]

The search warrants served Oct. 9 on the Millerberg home quote associates of Eric Millerberg saying he approached them about helping him get rid of something the night Rasmussen was last seen and to "bring a car and don't ask any questions."
[...]

An acquaintance of Eric Millerberg also told officers of Millerberg's accounts of two 16-year-old females hanging out at his house.

"During different conversations, Eric told (name redacted) that one female wanted to be shot with narcotics and he stated he eventually did that for her," according to the warrant.

There are a number of redactions in the warrant to protect the identity of sources working with the investigation, and it is unclear who was allegedly injected.

The warrants describe Rasmussen as partying with the Millerbergs, paid with drugs for her baby-sitting services and, on the night of Sept. 10, driving with Dea Millerberg to meet a friend of Rasmussen's to sell her prescription narcotics for $100 and a small amount of marijuana.

Rasmussen conducted the transaction from her passenger-side seat around 9 p.m. the night she disappeared. The deal came shortly after 10 p.m., just before a trip to Walgreens in Layton where Dea Millerberg and Rasmussen are seen on security video filling Millerberg's prescription for oxycodone.
[...]

An inmate in Weber County Jail who was in the same section as Dea Millerberg is quoted as telling police about hearing Dea talk about "something bad has happened and that she, Dea, wants it to blow over and go away."

She also said her husband, Eric, aka "Rooster," "has got her caught up in something and she doesn't know what to do."
[...]

The warrant said North Ogden police had received information that Dea Millerberg was providing Alexis with prescription Xanax as payment for baby-sitting.

"Although this information is not confirmed as factual, your affiant (North Ogden Detective Mike Tribe) did learn that in the months leading up to the disappearance of Alexis she was heavily involved in narcotic use, specifically methamphetamines and prescription medication," one warrant reads.

Several students at Weber High School who talked to a reporter last week said there were rumors around school that Rasmussen was paid in drugs, rather than cash, for baby-sitting for the Millerbergs.

There was also speculation among students that Rasmussen died from a drug overdose.

Another Weber High School student who didn't give his name said he stopped hanging out with Rasmussen.

"She started getting into drugs," he said.

A cause of death has not yet been determined, pending final results of an autopsy.

One of Eric Millerberg's friends, who was contacted "on (sic) 9th or 10th of September" by Millerberg, quoted him saying, "I need to get rid of something ..." and believed he needed help getting rid of a body or a weapon, according to the warrant.

The friend said he declined to help Millerberg "because he did not want to get involved in something of that magnitude."

A few weeks later, the friend ran into Millerberg, who asked why the man wouldn't help out that night and began to talk about it and "that f---ing girl."

At that point, the man stopped Millerberg, saying he "didn't want to be involved or hear anything further."

Millerberg said he'd found another friend to help out and asked if he was "trustable."
[...]
http://www.standard.net/stories/201...-warrants-reveal-much-about-relationship-teen

The search warrant affidavit said that investigators found traces of human blood inside the Millerberg's home in a spot where the carpet and pad had been recently removed.

One warrant said that investigators tracked down a car that had been sold by Eric Millerberg through a website to a person in Utah County. The investigators later located the car and discovered that the carpet had been removed from the car's trunk.
[...]

The same witness told police that a sixteen-year-old girl had requested that Eric "shoot her up" with drugs and that she wanted to have a "threesome" involving Eric and Dea, to which Dea arranged.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...n-Rasmussen-death/Z-cayrclDU2XXjf3dwXBYg.cspx

North Ogden man charged with child abuse homicide in overdose death of teen
NORTH OGDEN — Prosecutors say 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen was having a "relationship" with Eric Millerberg that involved him providing her with drugs before she died.
Alexis died from a drug overdose before her body was dumped in a remote area of Morgan County, Weber County Attorney Dee Smith announced Tuesday.
Eric Millerberg, the man whose children she would baby-sit on occasion, was charged with child abuse homicide, a first-degree felony; obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony; unlawful sexual activity with a minor and abuse or desecration of a human body, both third-degree felonies.
Smith explained that a child abuse homicide charge can be filed even if the intent of the defendant wasn't to cause death. But by acting "recklessly in the course of committing child abuse," the charge is warranted.
Millerberg's wife, Dea Millerberg, was also charged in 2nd District Court Tuesday with abuse or desecration of a human body, a third-degree felony. Smith called her involvement "minimal" compared to her husband's role in Alexis' death.
Dea Millerberg was "relieved" that charges were filed, her attorney Michael Bouwhuis said in a statement.

"She has always maintained that she did not cause the death of Alexis Rasmussen, and this charge bears that out," he said. "She is very sorry about the untimely death of Alexis Rasmussen and sincerely hopes that the Rasmussen family will someday soon find healing and comfort."
[...]
Sometime during the late hours of Sept. 10 and early morning on Sept. 11 inside the Millerberg residence, Alexis died of an overdose from drugs provided by Eric Millerberg, Smith said.
"Our view is, providing and administering certain controlled substances to a minor in the way they were administered in this case results in an act of child abuse," he said.
Smith would not say what drugs Alexis was provided or whether Dea Millerberg was present in the home at the time of her death or whether Alexis had actually done any baby-sitting at all that night.
However, Alexis' friends told investigators that she was often paid with Xanax for baby-sitting, according to a search warrant filed in November.
In the months leading up to the disappearance of Alexis, she was heavily involved in narcotic use, specifically methamphetamine and prescription medication," the warrant states.
The desecration is alleged to have occurred on Sept. 11, according to the charges.

A search warrant filed earlier in the case painted a picture of Eric Millerberg not wanting to go back to prison and Dea Millerberg wanting to protect her husband. A friend told investigators that Eric Millerberg said he was "not going back to prison for that girl," the warrant states.
Another informant described a kind of crash pad at the Millerberg house. The person said Eric Millerberg would talk about two 16-year-old girls who hung out there and one wanted to be "shot with narcotics and he stated he eventually did that for her."
Smith said the investigation has been difficult because many of Alexis' friends were initially uncooperative with police because they were afraid about officers uncovering their own questionable activities.
"A lot of people who should have cooperated with (investigators) didn't cooperate with them, for a variety of reasons," he said.
Furthermore, police kept getting reports of sightings of Alexis that they had to check to see if they panned out into anything.
But after Oct. 18, when Alexis' body was found, Smith said the focus of the investigation shifted. It was a tip that led detectives to her body.
"That wasn't a lucky discovery," he said. "They went to that location expecting to find Alexis."
Since that time, many search warrants have been served and pieces of evidence have been shipped to labs out of state for analysis.
Smith said he does not anticipate anyone else being charged in connection with the case.

Eric Millerberg is currently in the Utah State Prison for a drug-related probation violation. Dea Millerberg was scheduled to appear in court May 24 on unrelated charges of falsely obtaining or dispensing a prescription and endangerment of a child or a vulnerable adult, third-degree felonies. She was out on bail Tuesday. Her attorneys were making arrangments for her to surrender on the new charge.
North Ogden Police Chief Polo Afuvai said Tuesday's charges have been a long time in coming.

"We're hopeful that we can now move forward and see the case through the court system," he said. "We hope to give the family closure."
[...]
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...y-desecration-in-death-of-teen.html?s_cid=s10

Back