• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Press conference lets us know the phone calls between Relisha and 'Mom' / Grandmother did not happen. Relisha last seen March 1st. Tatum seen many times after AT the shelter, without her.
Mom fully aware.
Mom showing large sums of money on March 2nd.
Quite a few people involved in this web of lies.
Tatum spent 2 hours at the Aquatic Gardens on March 2nd, after buying large contractor sized trash bags.
Recovery team currently still on the scene, searching large ponds in area and woodland.
Whatever happens, I hope that this poor childs ' Mother' and family are prosecuted for what has been done to Relisha.

D.C. Police searching park for missing 8-year-old girl

D.C. Police continue to look for a missing 8-year-old girl, but they announced Thursday that, while they hope the girl is still alive, they are considering the possibility that she has been killed.
[...]
Tatum was then seen on March 2 purchasing large contractor bags, and he spent considerable time in the park. Police are searching the park for any evidence in Rudd's disappearance.
[...]
Tatum posed as a doctor when investigators questioned him on March 11. Tatum said Relisha was sick and that he would bring the paperwork to the shelter where she lived. Officials issued an Amber Alert on March 19 when Tatum did not show up.

The FBI and Prince George County Police are offering a $70,000 reward for information leading to Relisha and Tatum.
http://www.nbc12.com/story/25092381/dc-police-searching-park-for-missing-8-year-old-girl

On the news, a few minutes ago, the newsguy said that they are expanding the search for Relisha into the Atlanta area. Didn't said why exactly.

I just finished reading on Crimesider that the police are on a recovery mission...seeking Relisha's body after Tatum was observed on surveillance camera's purchasing contractor size plastic bags and then hanging around a DC park for most of the day after that purchase.

I gotta tell you. People DO NOT PAY ATTENTION. I am getting tons of messsages that Relisha has been found. NO, SHE HASNT.
There was a young girl missing from Baton Rouge who was thankfully found safe. This girl looks a bit like Relisha, but Dammit, they aren't the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read a local news article that says that Tatum's cell phone pinged at an apartment complex about two miles or less from my house on Gilpin Court in Richmond Va

I wonder if he buried her in this area somewhere...terrible to even think about. He must know someone in the area of Gilpin Ct. where his cell phone pinged...its a low income housing project. Easy area to blend in and hide.

Reading through Relishas families social media accounts ...omg.....unbelievable.
This poor child has been let down , but all I hear is let down by the state, when I see a huge failure to care and keep her safe - mostly by her own family!
How is it that Parents can get away with near enough murder etc just by lying - its so frustrating. Somebody needs to be held accountable for this childs situation, Two people at least - Relishas Mother , not just Karl 'Kahil' Tatum.

You are right, @paintedred, if her mother had not allowed her to be with him, he wouldn't have had her, cause I'm sure he wouldn't have kidnapped her and risked having the law on him cause I'm sure he thought that no one would say anything when they finally figured out that Relisha wouldn't be coming back because the family is just as much to blame as he is.

The search for missing 8-year-old girl Relisha Rudd will resume Monday, with recovery crews continuing to sift through Kenilworth Park and Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens for possible remains.

The search for Rudd, last seen alive on March 1, will resume in the area Monday when the weather clears.

It began with a foot search on March 20, after authorities discovered Kahlil Malik Tatum, the man suspected of abducting Relisha, spent more than two hours in that area shortly after purchasing a number of 42-gallon contractor style garbage bags, a shovel and lime on March 2.

Police have categorized the search at the heavily wooded park in Northeast Washington as a recovery operation. However, authorities are holding out hope that Rudd is still alive.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/03/29/day-three-dive-team-joins-search-for-missing-relisha-rudd/

Damn. That may be the last chance investigators had to locate her, barring the ever-expanding search finding her.

Here's hoping that he came here to finish it because she's here buried too, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody killed him though - the people that 'dropped' him off after the last night with his wife in the hotel were frequent visitors, they may want the wife, Tatum AND Relisha kept quiet.

Here's hoping that he came here to finish it because she's here buried too, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody killed him though - the people that 'dropped' him off after the last night with his wife in the hotel were frequent visitors, they may want the wife, Tatum AND Relisha kept quiet.

Now I'm wondering if he killed himself recently, or maybe right after cops started looking for his nasty ass.

who the fuck gives their kid to some random janitor at a shelter knowing most of the janitorial employees at places like that are usually convicts on parole or rehabbed convicts who needed a job. fuck........Someone smack the mother with neglect charges while we are at it!!!
The family has been there a year.. Why not leave with stepdad!?!?

I believe Relisha is sadly gone. And I also believe the family knows a lot more.

I feel Tatum wasn't the only non family member exploiting her at hotels .

I would like to hear if its really him...his cell phone pinged here in Richmond area. Going to pull the article up on fb and see when it pinged here. Ok he was spotted in the area last Thursday. This article I'm pulling this from is dated March 29th...FBI sources said the phone pinged in the area but not when...the FBI canvassed the area for a few days last week. WTVR news station in Richmond is where I got this info.

Search warrants filed in D.C. Superior Court show that Tatum used his bank check card to pay for a parking meter in Washington on March 18, the day before police took up the case, and used the account, associated with his Gmail address, again on March 21 at 3:12 a.m. No other details were provided in the warrant, filed with Google. In the search warrant application, police said they were looking for the date, time and duration of communications and the Internet protocol addresses that are unique to each device.

Court documents also show that police searched a storage locker on South Capitol Street rented in August of last year by the Tatums. The documents say the last payment was made on March 3, two days after Relisha was last seen, and the rent had been paid through March 31. Police said they were looking for evidence of Relisha, photographs, documents and a weapon. The document says police seized mail and photos.

Police have also said they are investigating other contact that Tatum had with young girls at the shelter. Several people have told The Washington Post that Tatum frequently offered girls gifts — including $20 bills — and that he spent a lot of time with Relisha.

Lanier would not describe the type of contact but said authorities are concerned. The shelter, which houses hundreds of children and adults, is managed by the Community Partnership for the Prevention of Homelessness. The facility’s rules prohibit social interaction between employees and residents. But residents interviewed last week said that ban was regularly flouted — in particular by Tatum, who several mothers said had offered money to their daughters in plain view of other shelter staff.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7d38aa-b8d1-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

This sounds weird, but I hope it's the body of the other suspect, Rickie Sheridan Lyles. If it is, then little Relisha may be alive.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2014/03/20/8-year-old-girl-missing-southeast-dc/6642457/
Ricky Lyles is Tatums brother in law.
Ricky Lyles was the one who was seen in hotel footage and admitted to police he ' returned, picked up and dropped' off Tatum the night Tatums wife was murdered, saying he saw her lying on the bed.
Ricky Lyles was seen in the company of Tatum and Relisha in the previous months.
I think Mr Tatum was a busy man with lots of friends who supported his little girl habits.
BREAKING UPDATE:[...] Multiple law enforcement sources tell ABC7
[..]that the body discovered today is that of Kahlil Tatum.
DC Police search[,,]
Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens. Just brought in a chopper - rumour of more suspicious evidence near by

Last edited:
Press conference lets us know the phone calls between Relisha and 'Mom' / Grandmother did not happen. Relisha last seen March 1st. Tatum seen many times after AT the shelter, without her.
Mom fully aware.
Mom showing large sums of money on March 2nd.
Quite a few people involved in this web of lies.
Tatum spent 2 hours at the Aquatic Gardens on March 2nd, after buying large contractor sized trash bags.
Recovery team currently still on the scene, searching large ponds in area and woodland.
Whatever happens, I hope that this poor childs ' Mother' and family are prosecuted for what has been done to Relisha.

I haven't read all the updates so pardon me if it's written up here and I just failed to see it. You aren't suggesting mom sold her to this creep are you? OMG Now I have that image in my head of a mother taking money for her baby.

Back