• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Maryland-swing.jpg

LA PLATA, MD
— Here’s a morbid one out of Maryland where a mother was found by police at a park pushing her dead 3-year-old child in a swing.

According to the Charles County Sheriff’s Office, police responded to Wills Memorial Park at around 6:55 a.m. Friday after someone called to report a woman pushing a child in a swing for an unusually long time.

When officers got to the park, they found the 24-year-old woman pushing a kid in a swing and immediately noticed that the boy had been dead for several hours. The child showed no signs of trauma and officials say the woman and her son may have been at the park since the day before.

The boy was taken to the Office of Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore where an autopsy will be performed while the mother was taken to the hospital for a medical evaluation.

Sheriff’s spokeswoman Diane Richardson said: “We have a lot of work to do to try to figure out what happened to this child.…

Read more: http://www.dreamindemon.com/#ixzz3auo33iEM

Wow was she in denial. Possibly shock. She couldn't or wasn't ready to let go. I hope to hear more about what the cause of death is. Could be guilt too making her behave in this manner.

Holy shit! WTF! Stephen King could have wrote that @McDanel , totally agree. Sad and sweet at the same time...give me a flippin' break. Chick was nutso:jawdrop::eek: and you all act like "oh, poor dear, maybe some earl grey would help". Seriously, the chick needs to be on meds and locked up. If my three year old (which thankfully both are alot older now) had died last thing I would be doing is pushing him in a swing at a park :eek:

Creepy...morbidly, creepy...Addams family shit in real life!

mqdefault.webp

Last edited:
I'm curious as to why the officers had to cut the chains of the swing in order to get the child out....:confused:

I'm curious as to why anyone would (at this point, anyway) say the mother's being coddled and should be locked up? For what? Sure, if she hurt him (and of course that's a very real possibility) then yeah, but right now, the only thing she's guilty of is being the mother of a dead child, and it seems that locking her up, at this stage, is way premature.
I've read far too many of these stories to have much hope, but I'm thinking PLEASE don't let this woman have hurt/alowed some dick to hurt this child. And please don't let the reason for this state of mind be that she's shot full of meth of something equally capable of making you lose your rational mind.
The little boy is dead, that's got to be the worst thing that can possibly happen in a parent's life. If he died of an illness, or of an actual accident, and she couldn't accept it and wanted to hear his laughter and see the light in his eyes as she had only the day before, and was therefore doing as they'd done just yesterday, when her world made sense, then.... just oh my god. There are no words for how terrible I feel for her.
But like I said he's gone. So don't let it be by her hand, don't let it be because someone brought harm to him. I'm hoping like crazy it's not that, that he didn't die in pain, afraid, confused, alone.
But at this point, the image of a young mother pushing her dead child in a swing is bothering the fuck out of me. I do know that when we lose someone unexpectedly that we're that close to, our minds do some fucked up things (and this is definitely a fucked up thing.)
I think the only thing I know for certain, anyway, is that no matter what's found to be the truth in this case, it's not gonna be good. When the end result is a dead three-year-old, even if he passed painlessly in his sleep, it's still gonna suck.
Also: And it really IS Stephen King-ish.... for some reason I can't get that image out of my mind.

I'm not judging yet. I'm waiting for more info.

My dad passed away at home this past January.
I remember how shocked I was and the remorse I felt as the hospice nursed arrived to get him ready to go to the morgue.
I asked her to check and make sure he was really dead.
Then when the two men from the funeral home arrived, I asked them to check him again.
That was my 82 y/o father... had this been my child, I'm pretty sure I would be Batshit crazy. I could see myself taking my dead child to the zoo or some other fun thing.

Police Find Woman Pushing Her Dead 3-year-old In Swing At Maryland Park
This title alone has got to be one of the creepiest, most unsettling, goosebumpy things I've ever read!

Until I read THIS...

I'm curious as to why the officers had to cut the chains of the swing in order to get the child out....
I bet he was in a baby swing and rigour that set in.
:eek::jawdrop::wtf:

(I agree this is like a scene straight out of a horror movie- I can almost hear creepy little kids singing slowly & off-key... "Ring Around the Rosy" *shivers*)

If it's not shown that the child was murdered, and just died of natural causes, then I'll give this woman a complete pass. I couldn't imagine how crazy I'd be if something happened to one of my kids. Something about this story and her reaction made me think that the kid died of natural causes, possibly a medical condition. I hope I'm right.

Yeah, I really don't want this to be an abuse case. She needs mental health care immediately for the state she's in. The thought of her pushing that swing all night long...I have no words.

• QUOTE: I'm curious as to why the officers had to cut the chains of the swing in order to get the child out....:confused:
Rigamortis probably at in and in order to remove him bones would have gotten broken and compromise the actual injuries if he had any.

This is quite possibly the saddest and creepiest thing I've ever read here. But it's also the most interesting. I truly hope the poor baby went in his sleep, and that the mom gets help.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this-- what could have happened to this baby & how/why did this mother have him in the swing all night?
I've come up with some scenarios (in order from least to most disturbing) that could possibly explain:

1. The baby had some type of terminal medical condition & passed away while in the swing at the park- Knowing that medical intervention would be futile & overcome by grief, the mom just continued to push him in the swing.

2. The baby had a medical condition & passed away at home- The mother then takes the already deceased baby to the park, in a state of denial, & pushes him in the swing as if he is still alive.

3. The mother killed the baby accidentally- she was so full of remorse that she convinces herself the baby is still alive & brings him to the park.

4. The mother killed the baby intentionally- she brings the deceased baby to the park in an effort to establish her 'insanity' defense!

Jeez. That's crazy. I'd like to know what exactly happened. I'm thinking mom was having a break down and accidentally killed her child :(.

Grandma is in denial.
Seems mom has mental illness and there was a custody battle.
Fuck. I really wanted to believe she was innocent.

Grandma is in denial.
Seems mom has mental illness and there was a custody battle.
Fuck. I really wanted to believe she was innocent.

I don't see why we still can't. Looks like they were homeless and the autopsy is not done yet. Maybe she suffocated him due to her extreme depression and believing he would be better off in heaven, or maybe he just dies in his sleep? There are no solid answers yet and all the mom was saying is that the chick loved her kid and couldn't see her hurting him.

Maybe the dad that was fighting for custody was losing for good reason.

I'm going to try to reserve judgment, because with the totality of what we know so far it sounds like Mom had a complete psychotic break and could truly not be criminally responsible for her actions.

I'm going to try to reserve judgment, because with the totality of what we know so far it sounds like Mom had a complete psychotic break and could truly not be criminally responsible for her actions.
Actually, you'll be wrong. I only say this because she's black. America isn't trying to hide it's racism anymore.
Now, if she were white, you'd be correct.
Yep. I went there. Threw the gauntlet. Pulled the race card.

How terrible. I am not meaning to sound mean at all but looking at his picture, can there be a congenital something going on there?

Looks like they used a not so good pic, if u check out the GoFundMe, he looks happy, healthy and normal. He was a cutie.

Actually, you'll be wrong. I only say this because she's black. America isn't trying to hide it's racism anymore.
Now, if she were white, you'd be correct.
Yep. I went there. Threw the gauntlet. Pulled the race card.

I disagree. If it's shown that she had a psychotic break I think she will be put in a hospital just like Andrea Yates. Call me naïve but pushing a dead baby in a swing sees no race.

I disagree. If it's shown that she had a psychotic break I think she will be put in a hospital just like Andrea Yates. Call me naïve but pushing a dead baby in a swing sees no race.
Truly, I kind of hope you're right. I'm not sure she should be held responsible.
But right now we're all talking about shit we don't know about. Autopsy isn't complete, buuuutttt, so far it's inconclusive.
Ah, shit. I just sounded like a tard defender.
Don't juuuuudge. We don't know the whoooole story.

I only say this because she's black. America isn't trying to hide it's racism anymore.
Well thankfully the rest of "mainstream" America and the media doesn't speak for me.:p

I hate few things more than women who can murder there children but few things are as heartbreaking to me as a woman who's mind is so broken that she feels murdering her child is the best thing for them and knowing that at some point she will get enough help to have to live with the knowledge of what she did.

And, I ain't judging. Besides, I talked to Gawd this morning and he told me I could if I wanted to, but just for today, tomorrow I have to be good.;)

I don't know all of this family's background but no grandkid of mine will be homeless and especialy not homeless with a mother with a mental illness. If she was unable to adequately care for her son, why was she fighting the father for custody? He does look like a robust little guy. So sad. He is the innocent, dead baby in all of this.

I've tried to look at this from all angles. I'm still on the side of the mother at this point. I'm anxiously waiting for the final autopsy results. No signs of physical abuse or trauma...no obvious signs of suffocation...he didn't drown. Wonder what his labs will show. He does appear to be a robust little guy as someone else said and appears cared for. I hate waiting games.

Back