• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
A 28-year-old New Jersey man beat both of his parents to death at home, authorities say.

A relative found Edward Coles Jr, 58, and his wife, 55-year-old Rosemarie, dead inside their house in West Deptford on Friday, according to county prosecutors.

The relative went to the home around 11.30am after trying and failing to reach the couple by phone.

Their son Ryan is accused of fatally beating them using his hands and a chair.

He was inside the home when police arrived. Authorities took him to the hospital on Friday for an evaluation.

They then moved him to jail on Saturday. He lived with his parents, according to NJ.com.

The younger Coles now faces murder and weapons charges. His bail was set at $1 million.

Autopsies determined his parents died from blunt head trauma. Authorities have not announced a motive for the killings.

Edward Jr worked as a repair technician at Coles Music Service, the family's music store in Sewell, which he opened in 2008.

He had also played in Bonsal Blues Bands, a concert, marching and dance band group based in Woodbury, for 42 years.

[…]

The younger Coles was 'as calm as could be' and said his parents were sick before the relative found them, a close friend of the couple told theCourier-Post.
LINK

Holy shit... That poor couple. You know they didn't go quickly and I couldn't imagine raising a child and watching them grow into an adult, only to have them beat you to death with thier bare hands.
This is just sad. :(

So sad that so many offspring find killing their parents will solve their problems. I can't imagine dying by your childs hands. How very sad.

28 and still living at home.
Murdering loser.
As of last year, 31% of Americans aged 18-34 still live at home with their parents. It's significant enough that it's actually messing with multiple housing areas. From construction (fewer houses being built) to mortgages and everything else. Most countries are seeing a trend of kids staying at home longer than generations previous. It doesn't mean that they aren't working or functioning members of society.

This person has far bigger problems than just living at home. There's more info about him at the bottom of the original link (unfortunately I can't copy/paste it atm)

As of last year, 31% of Americans aged 18-34 still live at home with their parents. It's significant enough that it's actually messing with multiple housing areas. From construction (fewer houses being built) to mortgages and everything else. Most countries are seeing a trend of kids staying at home longer than generations previous. It doesn't mean that they aren't working or functioning members of society.

This person has far bigger problems than just living at home. There's more info about him at the bottom of the original link (unfortunately I can't copy/paste it atm)
Neighbors reacted with sorrow but also said the family's home was the frequent site of police activity, according to Michael Mustac, a retired DRPA police officer.

"I am shocked but not surprised," said Michael Mustac, noting the repeated police presence.

He said Ryan Coles often sat on the home's front steps, sometimes appearing to talk to himself.

@Sudonim
As of last year, 31% of Americans aged 18-34 still live at home with their parents.
You just described the ages of my kids.
All of them are on their own and self supporting.
Neighbors reacted with sorrow but also said the family's home was the frequent site of police activity, according to Michael Mustac, a retired DRPA police officer.
All the more reason he should have been sent out on his own.

I think about this phenomenon often, as 20somethings and even thirty somethings living with their folks is very common in Jersey and I'm super grateful that my stepson had the ambition and skills to get himself out and settled on his own. The average rent for a crappy two bedroom apartment around here is about $1200...something that many 20somethings can't afford. Many pool their resources together and share apartments (novel idea!) but I can't help but think that some of the slackers find it very hard to leave the comfort of cooked meals, folded laundry and a house big enough to have a separate life from parents.

It sounds like these parents had been dealing with their son's mental health issues for years. Tragic that it ended like this.

They look sweet in that picture ...
.. In one of the other pictures it's looks as if his "mental issues" could have been inherited from his Mother o_O she has an off kilter look about her :YOW:

... this sucks none the less from any angle :shrug: he's ill ... and they are snuffed out .. just another day in the life of a fucked world :shrug:

@Podargus
I'm not so sure he would have lasted very long on his own.

Here we have assisted living for people exactly like this.
If he needed mental health services, the staff would make that recommendation.
Sometimes family can't or don't want to see that their family member needs mental health services.
It would have been the best option for everyone.
Because he is an adult, he was eligible for SSI that would have covered his living expenses and a small cash allowance fir him to spend on anything he would like. Candy, cigarettes, comic books, video games, going out to the movies etc.
Its sad that this didn't happen for him.

WEST DEPTFORD, NJ – Police say 28-year-old Ryan Coles Jr. used his hands and a chair to beat his parents to death.

When a relative was unable to contact Edward Coles Jr, 58, and his wife, 55-year-old Rosemarie, they went to the couple’s home where they found them both dead inside.

Police said that Ryan lived with his parents and beat them to death with his hands and possibly a chair. They also said he was in the house when they arrived. He was calm, they said, and told them his parents were sick.

Autopsies would later determine the couple died from blunt head trauma. Ryan was taken to a hospital for evaluation before being transported to jail on murder and weapons charges. His bail has been set at $1 million.

Neighbors and police say that police often visited the home and that Ryan could often be seen sitting on the stoop talking to himself.

“He seemed a little detached, depressed,” neighbor John Ferencsik told the station. “We didn’t really know that, just know the impression I had was he was a little bit off.”

He also made some odd posts to his Facebook profile, including one in 2015 that read:

“Energy is both created and destroyed. Sine wave energy through dimensional form negative zero function. Cosine wave through dimensional form zero positive function. I make intentional mistakes. I’m old. I’ve been here done that. I’m perfect, and my guys will be as well. Love you.”

So it’s obvious he was either suffering from some possible mental issues, or an active Tumblr user. Or both.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

Screenshot_20230516_235326.jpg

"Ryan E. Coles appears in Gloucester County Superior Court on Feb. 14, 2020. Coles was charged with first-degree murder in the 2016 beating death of his parents Edward and Rosemarie. Now he has been sentenced to 80 years in prison."

Latest posts

Back