• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

wvfUElhm.jpg

Georgia mother, father and grandmother are accused of heartlessly bilking their community through a fraudulent GoFundMe account set up for their 3-year-old daughter who police say wasn't actually sick.

Joannessa Clawson, her husband James Clawson and the child's grandmother Patti Ann Baldassarre set up the online fund-raiser under the guise that the child was suffering a dire medical condition and in need of money, authorities claim.
[...]
The sham was finally revealed when a concerned elementary school teacher, who caught wind of the child's alleged ailment, contacted police to check on her condition.

Joannessa Clawson was arrested Wednesday and charged with theft by deception and conspiracy to commit a felony — both felonies.

James Clawson was charged with a misdemeanor count of willful obstruction of a law enforcement officer as well as felony conspiracy to commit a felony.

Baldassarre was arrested for conspiracy to commit a felony.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ed-funds-girl-not-sick-cops-article-1.2189299

Dumb ass people! You should never call in to work or cancel appointment saying a family member is sick unless they really are. They will get sick!!! Power of suggestion is real! I hope all three of them get sick for saying that baby was sick!

Leaches such as these are the reason I don't donate, give, contribute or participate in charities unless I know who they are and without a doubt there is a viable reason they are asking for donations. As far as the beggers on the corners holding up their signs, I do not give anything to them either for a number of reasons. I have learned quite a few things about them from my job at Dept Soc Services. Several of them are definitely not what they seem, as some of you may know already. In my area there is a homeless camp. They all take turns/shifts and then go back to their camp and put some of their money together and party down. I can't tell the difference from who is really in need and who is not. I figure if they have the energy to stand outside for hours on end then they are healthier than I am. Some of them have jobs and still panhandle. I seen one guy leave his post and get into a BMW. I don't mean to sound heartless but like I said unless I know for sure I don't want to give anyone anything.

I don't give money to anyone ever. Parting ways with your hard earned money, with the resources you use to provide yourself food and shelter, is one of the dumbest things a person can do.

They all take turns/shifts and then go back to their camp and put some of their money together and party down.
:eek::eek::eek: Thank you for cutting a swath right through my idealism, because all of these years I've assumed they were investing that money in the stock market to provide for a comfortable retirement.:pout:

;)

QUOTE: :eek::eek::eek: Thank you for cutting

I figure most people know this about these lovely members of our society but so many people don't have a clue what some of them are up to and give money to everyone they see. Some of them make more money than I do working F/T.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/mother-pleads-guilty-after-fake-gofundme-account
- A Cobb County mom pleaded guilty to a number of charges after setting up a fake GoFundMe account.
[...]
Teachers at the little girl's school, Mountain View Elementary, became suspicious and contacted police. Police went to the family's home and found out the girl wasn't in the hospital and seemed perfectly healthy.

“The dad answered the door and said the girl was in the hospital, and that's when the girl comes running up to the front door,” said Williamson.

Clawson was charged with forgery, identity fraud and conspiracy to commit theft by deception. She pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 10 years with one to serve. Her husband, James, was also charged. His case has not yet gone to court.

James Clawson told FOX 5 he did not know about the fake GoFundMe account until it was already posted.
[...]

Back