• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The prognosis for a little kitten is better than you'd expect following a horrific case of animal cruelty. Pogo was just 14 weeks old when she was discovered with elastic hair ties wrapped around her paws.

Doctor Max Heimlich told Eyewitness News someone wrapped the bands so tight they cut off blood flow. Three of her paws fell off as a result.

"This is the worst. The absolute worst I've ever seen," said Dr. Heimlich. "This is not neglect. This abuse, physical abuse."

An observant boy named Brady found Pogo on Friday afternoon. He and his buddy discovered the injured animal in the mail room at the Parkside Place Apartments off FM 2920 Road near Spring.

"We saw a cat lying down. We didn't know what was wrong with it," said Brady. "We saw the feet. There was nothing there but bones."

Dr. Heimlich said Pogo will pull through the ordeal. He plans to take care for the kitten and take her home as his pet.

Dr. Heimlich says Pogo is now walking without pain, eating like a horse and is fever free.

When ABC13 visited Pogo, she was purring and happy despite being able to see her exposed bones.
http://abc13.com/pets/kitten-that-lost-three-paws-to-abuse-learning-to-walk/2203001/

There is a video at the link of this Furry Angel learning to walk

Last edited:
@Satanica
Not only did someone intentionally put bands on a kitten’s feet, the person responsible wanted to watch her suffer for weeks.

It would be another five weeks before she was found and brought to Dr. Max Heimlich with Stuebner Airline Veterinary Hospital.

"Whoever did this watched the feet strangulation and the skin start falling off and eventually the bones were all that was left,” said Heimlich.

When FOX 26 News first met Pogo the cat in June 2017, you could see her bones which looked like sticks. Three of her feet were amputated at the ankle area.

Even with just one leg and one paw, Pogo is living her life like any other cat, meaning everything is, of course, on her terms.

Some veterinarians would have looked at Pogo back in 2017 and decided to put her to sleep and it would have been understandable, but not Heimlich.

"It was a bad situation, but I don’t know, I just felt that this kitty deserved a chance,” said Heimlich. “I can’t tell you why it’s just what I felt in my heart.”

In a prepared statement, Pogo the cat tells FOX 26 that big-hearted veterinarians like Dr. Heimlich are the cat’s meow.

1699139819966.png

Pogo spent her final hours surrounded by people who love her.
For the past 6 years, Pogo has been a mainstay at the veterinary hospital.
Pogo's health has been declining for a few months now,

"It's to the point where she can't urinate on her own," the veterinarian said."She can not have a bowel movement on her own."

"Two days ago she looked at me and told me it was time her eyes had given up," said Liz Roesner Clinic Liason for Stubner Airline Veterinary Hospital.
"She taught me that a disability is not a disability it's an ability she has given hope to a lot of people who didn't have hope," Roesner said."Nobody has ever forgotten Pogo she touched so many hearts."

1699139679779.png

Back