• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/...nth-old-allegedly-overdoses-on-methadone.html
[....]
a criminal complaint alleges the baby was brought to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC on Oct. 11 after the baby’s parents, Lorie Adkins and Erik Eakin, found him unresponsive. The baby went into respiratory arrest, the complaint stated, and the baby’s urine indicated he had been exposed to methadone. The complaint stated the baby’s condition improved with a dose of Narcan, the opiate antidote.

Adkins told hospital staff that she takes methadone daily and that her baby must have overdosed from breastfeeding, Fox 25 Boston reported. But the baby’s medical report stated that was unlikely because the level of exposure via breastfeeding would probably not have given the baby the symptoms he suffered.
[....]
caseworker for the Office of Children, Youth and Families told detectives he contacted staff at the Children’s Home, a local nonprofit that cares for medically fragile babies, who informed him the infant was not breastfed.
[....]
Fox 25 Boston reported that warrants have been issued for the parents. They are charged with endangering the welfare of children and recklessly endangering another person.
1481132773698.jpg

These people fail at being junkies. Junkies do not share, but also I find it hard to believe this baby ingested it on his own. Maybe the breastfeeding line is the truth, I wonder if they can prove the ingestion method?

These people fail at being junkies. Junkies do not share, but also I find it hard to believe this baby ingested it on his own. Maybe the breastfeeding line is the truth, I wonder if they can prove the ingestion method?

Junkies don't, but doctors tend to WAY overprescribe things like methadone and Suboxone so people in recovery do share. Most people that have legal prescriptions have extra to sell because doctors apparently have no idea what a proper dosage is.

I run into this a lot in Baltimore. Unfortunately they use Methadone to put the babies to sleep. It's beyond disgusting. This is why MD is so strick on giving out take homes. You have to take your Methadone in front of a nurse everyday. The only exception is on Sunday's, some places don't even have this, when they will give You Sunday's medication on Saturday to take home. But you must show a metal lock box and it is put inside and locked in front of a nurse. This Doesn't help much when you walk out the door and can just unlock it.:rolleyes: In order to receive medication to take home with you, you have to prove clean urines for 6 months (not even alcohol) attend monthly groups, councillor sessions, must have a job and have an "attainable goal" . After this and you may only receive one bottle to take home. Following this, Every 3 months you can earn another as long as you keep up with the program.
The privatized clinics are pretty strict about this and you will loose your privileges very easily. I had a woman who didn't sign up for GED classes in the time frame due to family transport issues and all her take homes were taken away. She had two weeks and had been clean for 4 years, that was upsetting. if you don't follow through with a certain goal in time or have even a trace of alcohol in your urine they will be taken also.
The gov funded drug clinics can be extremly lack. Back when I lived in the Bronx, with my ex, SOIK came up positive every week for shooting Coke, would come into the facility geeking out and they still provided this person with take homes for over 6 months before they took them!! That was completely unethical. You hear a lot more horror stories coming from areas with more government funded drug clinics.
I get to see a ton of people actually change their lives around and become awesome people and great parents whom I'm so proud of. But for every one that turns around there are 100's that just don't care and keep the deadly cycle going. It's extremely frustrating and emotionally draining. You have no choice but to get emotionally involved with these people and it's hard to watch.
About 5 years ago we had a case in Hartford County where the mom out her Methadone in a sippy cup and left. The grandmother, being unaware, went to the fridge and gave the cup to the baby. We all knew the family and saw them weekly. Needless to say the baby didn't survive. It later came out in court that he mom would give the baby Methadone every night to put her to sleep!!! :mad: She was a pretty little thing and it was hard for everyone involved. Mom was a real price of shit!
After that case a ton of restrictions came down the line for the state of MD.
Unfortunately this poor baby's only fault, and many others, was just being a normal baby and happened to want attention and made a little noise. :(

Last edited:
Back