• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/pit-bull-rescue-now-under-scrutiny-after-attack/413716126
[....]
Life made an unexpected and tragic turn for Iliana Aragon and her dog, Lola.

“I don’t know what the right thing to do is,” Iliana said.

Iliana was out running errands the Sunday before valentine’s day when she got a frantic call from her dad.

“He just told me to rush to the vet hospital,” she said. “I thought it was just for something simple.”

What she didn’t know was that her poodle had just been attacked by a pit bull on the loose near her parents’ home while they were dog sitting. Iliana’s mom was out walking Lola along with her two dogs when the unleashed pit bull ran up to them.
[....]
“The dog just went right between us, latched on to that poor dog’s neck, and just didn’t let go. It was just horrible.”

At the time the pit bull escaped, it was being fostered by "love pit rescue,” a Dallas non-profit dog rescue being conducted inside a home in Lake Highlands located just around the corner from the attack.
[....]
the owner did write that they were looking for a “sanctuary” to take the dog as well as were having a contractor come to the house to “build a privacy fence.”

When News 8 visited the home on February 23, there was no privacy fence, and no one answered the door. Multiple dogs could be heard barking inside. According to Dallas city ordinances, an animal owner must restrain the animal at all times “in a fenced yard, in an enclosed pen or structure, or by a tether or leash.” Invisible fences are not included in the code.
[....]
Lola had surgery on the night of the attack. The next day, she was gone.

“They (staff) informed me that they had just done CPR on Lola and that she had passed,” Iliana said. “I couldn’t believe it.”
Z_1487895741134_8666279_ver1.0.jpg

[....]
While Iliana mourns the loss of Lola, she wants to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

“This is just a wakeup call,” she said. “It happened to Lola. I know she’s a dog, but it could happen to a kid.”

Idiots shouldn't built a fence before doing this nonsense.

Should prob also be investigated for dog fighting connections. Very fishy to read of anyone taking an interest in pitts or rescue of such a hideous monstrous dangerous breed.

Latest posts

Back