• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Brief video of the attack at link. This scenario should never have been able to happen. Extremely careless on behalf of the Pet Resource Center coordinator.

GcFIMNc.jpg

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – It happened in plain view. In May a Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center security camera captured a white pit bull attacking a 3-year-old boy.

The incident happened in the spring in the office of a Pet Resource Center manager. “It is extremely irresponsible,” Tamar Barry of Rescue Me Tampa said.

The video shows the boy playing with a ball in Volunteer Coordinator Christine O’Dell’s office. A white pit bull named Georgie, picked up as a stray just the previous day, lays nearby.

The ball bounces near the dog. The child runs toward it. At this point, the dog attacks, biting the boy’s arm. The dog went for the boy’s face.

The PRC had previously adopted Georgie to a 19-year-old convicted felon who hunts hogs with dogs.

“If the truth was told it would show what bad judgment she has,” Barry said.

Bad judgment seems to run rampant at the PTC.

Georgie was adopted in April. County records show that days later his owner ordered the dog attack a friend. The attack left puncture wounds on the friend’s arm.

“He’d obviously been taught to be aggressive on command,” Barry said.

The PRC then picked up Georgie in May as a stray. “He was very, very thin and he had like cuts all over his face,” Barry said.

The owner admitted to a county investigator the dog was lost during an illegal hog hunt in the woods. He agreed to surrender the animal.

O’Dell’s account of what happened the next day goes like this. “Georgie was laying in the dog bed in the volunteer office. Child came in room and when the child ran past the dog, the dog jumped up knocking the child down, biting his arm and then went for his face,” she said.

She never mentioned she and the child were playing with a ball in the room.

The county claims it placed Georgie in the office because he was stressed in the kennel.

Barry charges the Pet Resource Center failed this dog when it adopted him out to the felon. It failed him again by placing a stressed animal in an office with a small child playing with a ball, she said.

The child escaped serious injury.

Volunteers at the shelter have shared with Target 8 that they adored Georgie. Barry said several rescues expressed an interest in taking him, but she says they were going to have to sign a letter of dangerous propensity, which she calls a death sentence.

As he was led to the euth room, they say staff and volunteers alike hugged him goodbye. The dog was destroyed.

“To just kill him because the volunteer coordinator made a very, very bad decision, that’s not right. It’s not fair to anyone,” Barry said.

http://wfla.com/2016/12/09/dog-euth...h-pet-resource-center-office-with-3-year-old/

OMG ... Blah blah blah... To just kill him because a volunteer coordinator made a bad decision .... Fuck this guy ... How about killing him because he is dangerous.
My brother had a very nice pit bull he raised from a puppy in a very nice home on the beach ... She died of old age after a very nice life and he loved her very much . But not so much that had this dog had ever attacked one of his daughters would have hesitated for very long getting his gun, tying her to a tree and shooting her in the head because he ain't got no EUTH room.

These rescues need to be destroying these adult pits who have demonstrated aggression of any kind, and where they know that a dangerous breed dog had been raised just for that very thing ... To be dangerous. Some of these dogs are simply better off dead.

To just kill him because the volunteer coordinator made a very, very bad decision, that’s not right. It’s not fair to anyone,” Barry said.
Get a grip, Barry. georgie failed at being man's best friend. when that happens, the only responsible thing to do is put hhim down.

Sadly (and I say this as a bully-breed lover), euthanizing Georgie was perhaps the kindest thing they could have done for him. SUPERFAIL on the shelter's part, for adopting Georgie a convicted felon who used him for nefarious purposes, and for leaving Georgie and the child unsupervised.

There is no way Georgie could have been adopted out to anyone at that point...and there is no magic unicorn farm for aggressive dogs. Sorry everyone failed both of you, Georgie and kid. :(

Why the fuck was there a 3 year old in that environment in the first place? We should be bashing the parents more than the coordinator. Fucking filth pitbull enthusiasts, Hideous creatures, and the dogs are ugly too.

Knowing Georgie's history, the second that child appeared on the scene the coordinator should have removed Georgie from the room. Never mind he was "stressed" in his kennel. I love my dogs but humans trump animals every time. As a parent, I would expect any animals present in a situation like that to be docile and friendly. That's not to say I wouldn't be cautious but it's common sense to keep animals with known behavior problems away from children. Huge fail on the coordinator's part.

Why the fuck was there a 3 year old in that environment in the first place? We should be bashing the parents more than the coordinator. Fucking filth pitbull enthusiasts, Hideous creatures, and the dogs are ugly too.
Lmao! It's almost like their whole fetish is predicated on being able to say, "I told you they're great pets," every day their dog doesn't rip someone to pieces!

I had a pit/rott years ago.She was territorial but imo she would have never attacked a child.She was a lover and protected the kids. Lived until she was 9,she died of bone cancer.I'm not saying they're aren't mean,killer dogs out there but some are good.At the time my brother and his wife had a baby\toddler and I said no matter what if she hurt that child in any way she'd be taking a dirt nap.

Latest posts

Back