• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

nopatience

Trusted Member
First time posting an article - hope I did it right and put it in the right spot. Saw this and was dumbfounded. I may be missing something, but personally, I think she is an ungrateful little bitch who needs to get a job and support her own ass. I left my parents home the night I graduated high school for personal reasons. Never looked back. Never expected them to pay my way. I paid for my own college by working 2 jobs. Since when does it become a parents obligation to pay for college?! Especially if your child moves out because they don't want to follow your rules? I was raised with the 'my house, my rules - don't like it, move out and support yourself' mentality. Just another example of a lazy, entitled generation.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/national/nj-cheerleader-leaves-home-sues-parents-college-tu/nd5H7/

LINCOLN PARK, N.J. —

A high school cheerleader and honor student in New Jersey left home over a family dispute when she turned 18. That was last October. Now she's suing her parents for money to go to college.

"Morris Catholic High School senior Rachel Canning says that her parents kicked her out last year. She now wants them to pay for her college education. Rachel's dad is the former Linden Park police chief. He says that his daughter voluntarily moved out," News 12 New Jersey reported.

Canning, who left her parents' house on her 18th birthday, is staying with a friend's family. That friend's dad is funding a lawsuit seeking financial support from her parents, Sean and Elizabeth Canning, accusing them of flouting their legal obligations as Rachel Canning's guardians.

Selfish little brat wanting to play all grown up but still have Mommy and Daddy foot the bills. She wants to live with her boyfriend then fucking figure it out like the rest of us do, want to get the free college education then move back home and live by the household rules.

Sorry but I put myself through college after my oldest was born, she should consider herself lucky that all she has to worry about is her pampered ass and not how to properly take care of a child while trying to further your education so you can continue to provide the best life for your child(ren).

Guardian of an 18yo? Bullshit. I have an 18yo senior still in my house and he knows perfectly well that to remain in my house and be supported, he follows my rules. He wants to move out, then he is own his own. I will help with college if he remains my dependent voluntarily and the moment he decides he is grown and doesn't have to play by the rules, he better support himself. These were the same rules I grew up with and respected.

This mama don't play.

So crazy, smh... my stepdad had to continue paying child support for yrs after the kid turned 18 cause he was still in college. The crazy part was kid was living on his own, supporting himself while mommy still got the check... my point: if your lawyer is good enough and the judge is stupid enough, the courts can do some crazy ass shit...

So crazy, smh... my stepdad had to continue paying child support for yrs after the kid turned 18 cause he was still in college. The crazy part was kid was living on his own, supporting himself while mommy still got the check... my point: if your lawyer is good enough and the judge is stupid enough, the courts can do some crazy ass shit...
It's that way in PA too, as long as the child is in school until I believe 22 the custodial parent gets the support. It is assumed that the custodial parent is shouldering the majority of the college expenses which may or may not be true. FYI I'm not 100% sure of the age cut off, I have 3 kids and my ex-husband pays exactly $0.00 in child support, so it could be age 21 here in PA.

I have a 19 yo (just turned 19 last week), he lives on campus,has a full school schedule and works 2 jobs. Sounds like this "friends" family is influencing this nonsense. She is a spoiled little entitled bitch. Grow up little girl.

Here's a lovely phone message she left on her mother's answering machine, as taken from DM.

'Hi mom just to let you know you're a real f**king winner aren't you you think you're so cool and you think you caught me throwing up in the bathroom after eating an egg frittatta, yeah sorry that you have problems now and you need to harp on mine because i didn't and i actually took a s*** which i really just wanna s*** all over your face right now because it looks like that anyway, anyway i f***ing hate you and um I've written you off so don't talk to me, don't do anything I'm blocking you from just about everything, have a nice life, bye mom'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-parents-support-ran-away.html#ixzz2v1Xx6Zmt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sounds like a classy gal.

I lived at home with my parents but still worked a full time job, went to school full time, paid rent and still did household chores. Working full time was the reason I didn't finish school, but I had to work to pay rent, at my house I grew up in, and still had to wash dishes and clean house on my days off work. I told my kids if they went to school, they could stay home as long as it took, they could work if they wanted, but it wasn't required, my desire was for them to get an education but they turned me down and left home and got jobs.

I understand how hard it is to work full time and go to school with an honest desire to succeed. This is a little entitled daddy's girl who thought she had the world on a string, I really and truly hope the judge has some sense.

My 18 yr is self sufficient, having said that, he knows my house my rules.

Flame away but when you raise an entitled little bitch like this one why is it a suprise she is now suing you?

Cops alway seem to have the worst kids don't they?

The ones I know personally knew their parent(s) would always find a way to bail them out, therefore no sense of consequence. It goes hand in hand with someone in politics or has money.

My kids range from 9 to 1 yrs. They all know there are rules - even the 1 y/o. Yes, he picks up his own toys. They are not always right on top of things but they know there are consequences if it's not done. Ex: clean up room, laundry to laundry room, clean up toys after bath, etc. We don't ask a lot from them but I think it is important for them to have some sort of responsibility. The older 3 help with dishes, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning windows to the best of their ability. It's not always perfect, but they try and we do it as a family.

They have also bought their own things. They get money for birthdays and holidays from relatives out of state. Depending on the amount, depends on whether they spend the entire amount or put half in their banks. Just this past year, they wanted the new Wii U system. We have the old one and I refused to buy a new one. They saved up together and bought it themselves. Now, they want something new outside of birthday or Christmas, they ask how much it is and start saving in a group jar. Makes the prize much more enjoyable when they reach their goal.

You raise a kid with no responsibility, no understanding of money and the cost of living, you end up with an entitled brat who would sell their own mother to make a buck. This girl is in for a rude awakening. Some day, she will need her family and will regret burning that bridge. Money can buy you a lot but it cannot replace family.

So far one judge ruled with the parents. They have another hearing coming up one the 22nd of April.

No longer using a PC and still haven't figured out how to post links with my iPad.

Kind of sounds like the "friends" parents...resent supporting this girl. For some reason they blame the parents...I mean look at this good little girl who just wants an education! I guarantee...if that message left on mom's voice mail gets played in the courtroom...its GAME OVER! No judge is going to deem her behavior towards her mother as appropriate. She ought to be ashamed of herself. She is making a huge ass out of her self. Another entitled bitch.

Judge rules against NJ teen suing parents for tuition
A judge has denied a request from a northern New Jersey honor student to force her parents to immediately provide her financial support.
Judge Peter Bogaard Tuesday scheduled a hearing for next month in the lawsuit filed by 18-year-old Rachel Canning to decide whether her parents will be required to pay her college tuition.

“We have to ask ourselves, ‘Do we want to establish a precedent where parents live in constant fear of establishing basic rules of the house?” Bogaard said.
[...]
http://pix11.com/2014/03/04/judge-rules-against-nj-teen-suing-parents-for-tuition/#ixzz2v3WqZinq

She wanted 600 or so every week. And tuition at an expensive private college. Nice. I have a stepson, who is so smart, its scary. Every college he applied for, he got accepted. This kid can get grants and loans for these top colleges.. Just like everyone else. Just like this little shit female who thinks everything is handed to her just cause she wants it and shes pretty. Im telling you, her parents should've fucked up her face while young. Then they wouldn't have this problem.

She wanted 600 or so every week. And tuition at an expensive private college. Nice. I have a stepson, who is so smart, its scary. Every college he applied for, he got accepted. This kid can get grants and loans for these top colleges.. Just like everyone else. Just like this little shit female who thinks everything is handed to her just cause she wants it and shes pretty. Im telling you, her parents should've fucked up her face while young. Then they wouldn't have this problem.
we were paying my sons and he decided he wanted to build his own credit
so he took out line of credit last 2 years of university and paid his own tuition
lower interest rate and he paid them off in full at end of year
he graduates early with honors April and he wont owe a cent to anyone
(he works 40 hours a week on top of school)

What really makes me mad, is that I was on my own since a young teen. With a baby. I got a Pell Grant. Plus when I sued the State for abuse/neglect in foster, I won, but my mother got all the money and gave me 700. Cause I was a minor. 18, and I would have had it all. I don't know what the hell this girl is thinking.

What really makes me mad, is that I was on my own since a young teen. With a baby. I got a Pell Grant. Plus when I sued the State for abuse/neglect in foster, I won, but my mother got all the money and gave me 700. Cause I was a minor. 18, and I would have had it all. I don't know what the hell this girl is thinking.
She wasn't. She's full of self entitlement.

I was thrown out at 18. I didn't want anything to do with my parents after that. I didn't want their money, their time, anything. I worked, I went to school & I moved on.

Back