• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
The co-pilot of the doomed Germanwings jet barricaded himself in the cockpit and "intentionally" sent the plane full speed into a mountain in the French Alps, ignoring the pilot's frantic pounding on the door and the screams of terror from passengers, a prosecutor said Thursday.
Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz's "intention (was) to destroy this plane," Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said, laying out the horrifying conclusions reached by French aviation investigators after listening to the last minutes of Tuesday's Flight 9525.

[...]

Robin said the pilot, who has not been identified, left the cockpit, presumably to go to the lavatory, and then was unable to regain access. In the meantime, Lubitz, a 28-year-old German, manually set the plane on the descent that drove it into the mountain.

[...]

During the final minutes of the flight's descent, pounding could be heard on the cockpit door as plane alarms sounded but the co-pilot's breathing was normal the whole time, Robin said.
"It's obvious this co-pilot took advantage of the commander's absence. Could he have known he would leave? It is too early to say," he said.
He said Lubitz had never been flagged as a terrorist and would not give details on his religion or ethnic background. German authorities were taking charge of the investigation into the co-pilot.

Robin said just before the plane hit the mountain, the sounds of passengers screaming could be heard on the audio.

[...]

Lufthansa said Lubitz joined Germanwings in September 2013, directly out of flight school, and had flown 630 hours. The captain had more than 6,000 hours of flying time and been a Germanwings pilot since May 2014, having previously flown for Lufthansa and Condor.
The circumstances of the crash are likely to raise questions anew about the possibility of suicidal pilots.
http://news.yahoo.com/official-1-pilot-locked-crash-plane-cockpit-072049706.html?clear-cache

"The circumstances of the crash are likely to raise questions anew about the possibility of suicidal pilots."

Or Kamikaze-style, terrorist sleeper cells...

This will be the beginning of pilot's having their own bathrooms in the cockpit and mandatory searching all flight crews which are not enforced now. This is a whole new level of security issues and more wait times than are already way to long.

I read earlier that he was German, and now they're saying that they haven't released ethnicity. Was that BS then?

I hope this isn't another terrorism case that I'm going to have to listen to crazy racist rants from looneycheeses again.

This will be the beginning of pilot's having their own bathrooms in the cockpit and mandatory searching all flight crews which are not enforced now.

Nah, this has happened at least 4 times before, where a pilot or a co-pilot crashed the plane intentionally. Those measures weren't enforced then and I doubt they'll be enforced now. You can't really stop someone like this who is determined to do this. He passed all his psych tests, just like all the other pilots.

Pardon my French, I'm a little upset.
This guy was a pansy-ass whiny little asshole who murdered a bunch of people because he was too much of a bitch to kill himself alone. I really hope there is a hell so he can burn his coward ass in there forever.

Frightening. Especially given we are to take a cross-country trip here shortly. This is the absolute last thing I need to be reading. Some fucking pussies.

That decent took EIGHT minutes, can you imagine what was going through the minds of the passengers and crew? How utterly horrifying to KNOW you are going to die and for it to take so long. Terrorist or not this joker was a sadistic bastard.
The prosecutor (in most of Europe, a prosecutor is involved directly in the police investigation from day one) said that after listening to the recording, he doesn't think the passengers knew that anything was wrong until the last moments, since the screams didn't start until right before impact. A small mercy, at least.

Another line in an article that struck me was this one:
When asked if he could characterize Lubitz’s act as a suicide, the visibly tense CEO said: “I’m not a lawyer and I do not wish to say something concrete about this. If a person kills himself and 149 others, I think another word should be used — not suicide.”

On CNN website this morning they were saying it was more likely a medical issue.. I don't know why they are so sure.
While I don't know much about aviation, I find the medical theory unlikely. The copilot's breathing never changed during the descent, nor did he say a word. Also, the plane was likely on autopilot during the not-takeoff-or-landing bits of the flight, which means that if it crashed at all it would likely do so at Dusseldorf, their destination. Autopilot would have guided them over the mountains, not into them. From my very brief research, even something like an aneurysm seems off the table, given the evidence. I imagine the recovery of the flight data recorder will prove intentional actions were taken that directly led to the crash, so I hope they find that soon.

Unfortunately, in order to prevent hi-jackings, the door to the cockpit is now strong enough to withstand a grenade blast. Once he was alone in there, they had no chance......

Just tiddle bits of information that I know.

The cockpit has a key code. There is only one way to override this key code, or disengage it, and that's from inside the cockpit. This apparently is what was done or the captain could've gotten back in.

The A320 is an unbelievable plane, they are in autopilot pretty much as the landing gear goes up after take off. Disengaging it requires effort. Is it possible that an aneurysm had the copilot slump onto the yoke (which if pressed hard enough would also take off the autopilot) and it was accidental? Yes. Given the other circumstances, no.

They are using the word "reprogrammed" the autopilot. The fact that it took so long to descend tells me it was a controlled maneuver. Why he didn't just disengage and go nose down, who knows either.

Here in the states, it's standard procedure for a flight attendant to take the seat of either pilot that has to go to the bathroom. In case of a medical emergency and such, they can get the other pilot if they needed to. I didn't realize until today that apparently not all countries do this.

In this case, the flight attendant would've simply opened the door and quite possibly saved the lives of everyone on board. :(

Last edited:
Here in the states, it's standard procedure for a flight attendant to take the seat of either pilot that has to go to the bathroom. In case of a medical emergency and such, they can get the other pilot if they needed to. I didn't realize until today that apparently not all countries do this.

In this case, the flight attendant would've simply opened the door and quite possibly saved the lives of everyone on board. :(
I have a hunch they'll be doing things the same way in Germany shortly...

On the news this morning, they said the only potential motivating factor they've found so far is...

A recent breakup.

If this dude seriously took 150 out because of a motherfucking breakup, may he go down in history as the lamest dude EVER.

New
On the news this morning, they said the only potential motivating factor they've found so far is...
A recent breakup.

I read this on Yahoo news this morning...

Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz appears to have hidden evidence of an illness from his employers, including having been excused by a doctor from work the day he crashed a passenger plane into a mountain, prosecutors said Friday.
[...]
Herrenbrueck said other medical documents found indicated "an existing illness and appropriate medical treatment," but that no suicide note was found. He added there was no indication of any political or religious motivation for Lubitz's actions.

http://news.yahoo.com/germany-hunts-co-pilot-motive-amid-depression-reports-090251728--finance.html

It sounds like he had a long history of depression:

"Lubitz left Montabaur at the age of 20 in 2007 to begin his commercial pilot's training in the northern German city of Bremen.

It was a year into his training that he appears to have suffered the breakdown and took a break, before returning to qualify.

A mother of a schoolmate told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung that he had told her daughter he had taken a break from his pilot training because he was suffering from depression.

"Apparently he had a burnout, he was in depression," said the woman, whom the paper did not name.

She said her daughter had seen him again just before Christmas and that he had appeared normal. She added he was a "lovely boy". "He had a good family background," she told the paper.

By the time of the accident he was still relatively inexperienced, having notched up only 630 hours of flying time, compared to the flight's captain, who had flown for more than 6,000 hours and had worked for Lufthansa for 10 years."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-the-pilots-on-Germanwings-flight-4U9525.html

germanwings-Andrea_3247459b.jpg

Andreas Lubitz, the co-pilot of the doomed Germanwings airliner, competing in a Lufthansa marathon in 2013 Photo: Wolfgang

That decent took EIGHT minutes, can you imagine what was going through the minds of the passengers and crew? How utterly horrifying to KNOW you are going to die and for it to take so long.

Might as well enjoy the ride. It would be irritating hearing people scream around me as i try to live up what had to be an otherwise thrilling descent into the void. Beats the fuck out of slowly succumbing to cancer, that's for sure.

I'm not surprised a kraut did this. Creepy monstrous fucks.

This sure sounds like a familiar coincidence...the guy just finished flight school just over a year ago. Got a little experience under his belt to make this plane shatter like confetti. I suspect terrorist attack.

The girlfriend of Germanwings pilot Andreas Lubitz has revealed he once ominously said he would “do something that will change the whole system, and then [they] will all know my name and remember”.

A woman known only as Maria told Bild she met Lubitz while working as a flight attendant last year and the pair embarked upon a love affair, meeting secretly hotels to hide their relationship from colleagues.

“He was a nice and open-minded person. Very soft, a man who needed love. He could be so sweet,” she told the German newspaper.

Maria said she broke up with Lubitz after it became clear he was struggling with psychological issues.

“It was increasingly clear he had problems. He suddenly shouted at me, I was afraid. At night he woke up and screamed, ‘We’re going down!’, because he had nightmares,” she said.

“He said, ‘One day I will do something that will change the whole system, and then all will know my name and remember it,” she said.

“I never knew what that meant, but now I do.”

She also said Lubitz never revealed how sick he was.

“He never talked about it [illness] much, just to say that he was in psychiatric treatment.”

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/...se-germanwings-pilot-made#BsxoMyKm3jfuLBxt.99

This is something more than depression. A lot of suppressed rage nobody saw, except maybe his shrink.

I just don't get these fuckers who do this shit for infamy. You aren't alive to enjoy whatever attention you hoped to get - it means nothing.

There might be an answer as to "why" here.

The co-pilot suspected of “intentionally” crashing a plane into the French Alps reportedly sought treatment for vision problems which could have affected his piloting abiltities.
But the thing gets even murkier, and quickly at that:
Sources described as officials with knowledge of the investigation told The New York Times that authorities investigating the crash have not ruled out the possibility that the visual impairment could have been psychosomatic.

--Al

Maria said she broke up with Lubitz after it became clear he was struggling with psychological issues.
“It was increasingly clear he had problems. He suddenly shouted at me, I was afraid. At night he woke up and screamed, ‘We’re going down!’, because he had nightmares,” she said.
“He said, ‘One day I will do something that will change the whole system, and then all will know my name and remember it,” she said.

Did this stupid dirty Kraut bitch ever tell authorities about this or report it to the airline? Of course not. The Krauts only get off their asses and try to take action when it involves futile, bothersome attempts at world domination or ethnic cleansing, otherwise sit down, shut up, and enjoy their fucked up creepo perverted sex lives.

A recent breakup.

If this dude seriously took 150 out because of a motherfucking breakup, may he go down in history as the lamest dude EVER.
not the first: Malaysia pilot had the same issue in the "disappeared" plane and I think there are a couple of others on the record somewhere

why is every nutjob that commits some atrocity now labeled a terrorist? They need to be psych screening pilots a hell of allot more on a regular basis.

I def. agree, esp. since we know there are terrorist pilots who do this shit. The wrong info could do some serious damage in the PR/Corp. dept. re: whatever's allowed to be released to the public on suspected terrorist activity, too. The money the airlines could/would lose from another public panic could be catastrophic.

Back in the 80's when good quality, powdered cocaine was king, there were several airlines who took a hit in their qualified pilot counts b/c of at least one crash and other pilots testing positive for it "to stay awake". Some of these list mechanical failures and other causes, some of them don't, but this is just the list from 80-89 (w/pics):

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/pictures1980.htm

Last edited:
Back