• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
Agents with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation arrested an Elmore City man overnight for murdering and dismembering his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend before discarding the body parts in a pond.

Based on information given to them by a witness, OSBI agents arrested 30-year-old Justin Hammer after a traffic stop near his home around 1:30 a.m. Thursday morning.
[...]

The witness also said they saw the buckets, smears of blood, and other items used in the murder at Hammer's home located at 22792 N. County Rd. 3170 in Elmore City.

The witness also told agents how Hammer gathered several items, including a mop, clothing and towels, used to clean the blood inside the house and burned those items in a burn barrel on his property.

Agents served a search warrant on Hammer's home and collected several items possibly used in the murder. Investigators are also draining the pond on the Hammer's property in search of the victim's remains.
http://www.news9.com/story/19241871/elmore-city-man-accused-of-murdering-dismembering-girlfriends-ex

Justin Hammer is facing one count of murder.

OSBI agents recovered five 5-gallon buckets and a dog crate containing the body parts behind the suspect's house around 10 p.m. Thursday.

Investigators went searching for the evidence after they say they were tipped off by the suspect's best friend, who was asked to help get rid of the body.
[...]

According to court papers, Hammer said the victim, Brandon Duran, forced his way into Hammer's back door, and yelled at Hammer that ‘he was going to take care of him.' That's when Hammer says he grabbed a .410 single-shot shotgun from his gun safe, and shot Duran in the face.

Hammer says he "freaked out" and didn't know what to do. So he got a saw and cut up the body, and then put it into five, five-gallon buckets and a dog crate, mixed cement and water in the buckets then dumped everything into a pond behind his house.

Hammer says he enlisted the help of a friend who helped Hammer load up the buckets and dog crate into Hammer's truck, but wouldn't help him dispose of the body. It was that friend who told police about the crime.

Prosecutors say they found several items belonging to Duran in a burn barrel behind the house, and blood stains throughout Hammer's residence.
[...]

Hammer's brother was found dead in a pond about a year ago. That death was ruled accidental. Hammer's grandfather tells News 9 these newest developments bring up a lot of questions for him surrounding that death.
http://www.news9.com/story/19250616/accused-elmore-city-murderer-arraigned

How could you keep it together long enough to go to the police? He had to help this dude dispose of a cut up body all the while with a smile and a "sure thing buddy" or dude may kill him too!!!

Or telling when you realize your prints are on the bucket/crate handles.
"I just carried WHAT to the truck!??"

How does a guy with a name like Hammer use a gun to kill somebody, or omit the use of a hammer altogether during the commission and attempted coverup of said crime? I brain farted for a second when I read the title and thought instantly of the ill-fated weapons designer from Iron Man...

According to court papers, Hammer said the victim, Brandon Duran, forced his way into Hammer's back door, and yelled at Hammer that ‘he was going to take care of him.' That's when Hammer says he grabbed a .410 single-shot shotgun from his gun safe, and shot Duran in the face.

I don't think that was what happened. If that had been what happened, it would have been self-defence, and the intelligent thing to do would have been to call LE immediately. I am pretty certain he knew that the physical evidence would have told a different story, if it had been left where it fell; hence the clean-up.

Man Accused of Murder and Dismemberment Pleads Not Guilty
GARVIN COUNTY, OK - 30-year-old Justin Hammer pleaded not guilty to murder charges during a hearing in county district court this morning. Hammer is accused of killing Brandon Duran earlier this month then putting his body parts in buckets and dumping them in a pond. Hammer's attorney says his client shot and killed Duran after he broke into Hammer's home and threatened him. No word yet on whether prosecutors will seek the death penalty.
http://www.kten.com/story/19433268/man-accused-of-murderdismember

2cxvjh2.jpg
Justin Hammer to go on trial for gruesome murder
Y - The man accused in a high-profile case is set for trial Monday morning. Justin Hammer is charged with the 2012 murder of Brandon Duran
[...]
This case is expected to last up to three weeks. Those following the case, think it could get interesting.

"I think everybody involved is taking steps to make sure it doesn't become a circus-type atmosphere," Shannon Kile
[...]
Kile has been following every development in this case. He understands there will be extra security at the Garvin County courthouse for this trial.
[..]
Hammer is charged with first-degree murder, because prosecutors think they have enough evidence to prove Hammer planned Duran's death.

Investigators say Hammer shot Duran in the face with a shotgun. Afterwards, Hammer is accused of cutting up Duran's body with a saw, then putting the parts in a dog cage and buckets weighed down with cement. OSBI agents found the body parts in a pond near Hammer's house on August 9, 2012. He was killed two days earlier,
[...]
In a preliminary hearing a friend of Hammer's testified he called the cops on his friend after Hammer showed him the body and asked for help getting rid of it. Prosecutors showed Hammer bought all of the materials used to dispose of the body, the day before Duran's murder.

"Jury selection will be very difficult. Garvin County is a relatively small county. The defendant and his family are very well known,"
[...]
"It's important for the defense team to talk to the jurors and make sure that they come in to the trial with an open mind," defense attorney Richard Morrissette
[...]
Morrissette said it will only take one juror having doubts for Hammer to be found not-guilty.

"They (the defense) don't have to prove anything. Even though it appears in this case the evidence is overwhelming, just like playing a baseball game, you don't know the end result until you do it,"
[...]
Hammer has pleaded not guilty. He says he shot Duran in self-defense. Hammer says he shot at Duran, because Duran came busting through his back door.

Hammer was dating Duran's ex-wife. In the preliminary hearing, friends testified Hammer had it out for Duran because she said he would beat her. Duran and his ex-wife had also been in a custody battle. He was ultimately given sole custody of their child.

"The family from California, Brandon Duran's family, they have a terrible view of Oklahoma at this point,"
[...]
"Sadly enough there's a five-year-old boy at stake here."

The boy had been living with his grandparents in California up until last week. DHS had Duran's mother return to the boy to Oklahoma while this case continues, but whether he will end up in his mother's custody is unclear.
[...]
"There's plenty of conjecture as to whether or not everybody guilty or that's involved is Brandon Duran's death is currently being investigated or in custody," he said. "There is damaging reports from the Medical Examiner's Office that shows he was shot with two different firearms. But so far there is only one man who is claiming to have shot him and that's the defendant."

Kile said members of both families want others to face trial in this murder too. Kile said prosecutors may be waiting on testimony in Hammer's trial to charge others.
http://www.okcfox.com/story/25900076/justin-hammer-to-go-on-trial-for-gruesome-murder

Jury: Justin Hammer guilty of 2012 murder, dismemberment

Justin Hammer was found guilty of first degree murder in Gavin County Thursday and sentenced to life in prison without parole.
(...)
Duran's mother is now fighting for custody of her grandson. Brandon Duran had full custody of his son before he was violently murdered. The Oklahoma Department of Human Services ordered the boy be brought back to the state and forced him into foster care. The family has set up an online account to help pay for legal expenses.

http://www.okcfox.com/story/25989595/jury-justin-hammer-guilty-of-2012-murder-dismemberment

http://www.gofundme.com/brando
the family's gofundme account

A. Thank God that Brandon's family can finally rest.

B. how can you forcea child into foster care with family alive?! they boggles my mind...... This poor Childs father was violently ripped away from him, but than he can't even be raised and.loved by those that would (i'm assuming) would give him the world...... >.<

I've had a living will since the birth of my first child at 18, updated at 19 when my second arrived. So I know if anything happens (KNOCK ON WOOD) I know she'll be taken care of....

Back