• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I understand 100% why this can touch off a shit storm that may very well cause the Mexican authorities to have to lift their lazy, paid-off asses out of their chairs & do something for a change.

WTF is up with Mexico; that is one fucked up place and I can't believe Americans still spend money and vacation there. It hardly seems like it's much safer than Haiti.

I've never been to any of the resorts on the coasts, but the abject poverty throughout Northern Central from the Laredo/Nuevo Laredo border crossing (et al.) is like nothing we've ever seen here. Bleak is an understatement when it comes to the smaller towns and cities whose roads are only double lane, dirt road ruts in the desert and homes the size of our backyard sheds built either from homemade abode, or cinder block with corrugated fiberglass for a lay over roof.

Some of the houses are so isolated you won't see another one for miles even though the terrain's flat. Many of the houses don't even have window glass and only have a sheet or blanket for a front door. Thankfully (?), they get very little rain; a double-edged sword since there's no irrigation and most crops won't grow, no grass to feed livestock in a lot of places. Some families do keep a goat tied up on a stake for milk and meat, but keeping the rattlesnakes, lizards, spiders and other desert dwellers out and away from the family and the goat while sweeping packed dirt floors is a full time job.

While the coastal regions are simply gorgeous (from the pics and friend's descriptions in my case), and some of the more well-known cities aren't as impoverished and do have a little better standard of living (still very different from ours, though), the majority of Mexican families live a harsh existence. I personally love it there b/c of the people, but the first time I went was also the first time in my life I was thankful to pay my taxes.

Last edited:
This crap has been going on for decades. Now people want to give a shit?
Seen far worse photos than this that were at the cartel's hands as well.

WTF is up with Mexico; that is one fucked up place and I can't believe Americans still spend money and vacation there. It hardly seems like it's much safer than Haiti.
Every year fewer and fewer areas are safe, its getting really bad. As far as tourist the greatest danger is from the cops, they rip you off, Cartels are a danger to the locals, cops get the tourist money and vehicles

That picture didn't bother me at all. You can kind of tell the child was being held at one point or at least in the proximity of a loved one...didn't die alone.

****The picture of the baby Syrian on the beach was far more gruesome.

Latest posts

Back