• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
262usur.jpg

Phillip Epperly was arrested on a preliminary charge of criminal recklessness​
[...]
man has been arrested after he failed to call police following a fatal car accident that killed his girlfriend.

Phillip Epperly, 49, from Tipton Indiana was arrested on a preliminary charge of criminal recklessness after the crash in rural Tipton
[...]
Epperly admitted that he was the driver of the lone SUV involved in the accident which killed his girlfriend but police are also investigating his actions following the crash.
Epperly allegedly dragged the body of his girlfriend from their crashed 2004 Ford Explorer after he ran off the road and into a tree, fence post and utility pole.

He then took the body of Karla M. Wolford, 38, into the couple's home
[...]
Tipton and laid Wolford's body in the living room before calling 911.
[...]
police officers arrived on the scene they found Epperly drinking a beer.
[...]
Tipton County Sheriff's Department first responded to the crash at approximately 10:49 p.m. Thursday, police said, before requesting State Police assistance.
[...]
was driving eastbound on County Road 400 South, approaching a T-intersection at County Road 500 West, police said, when he failed to stop for a stop sign at County Road 500 West.

Instead, police said, he continued through the T-intersection.
[...]
spokesperson for Indiana State Police said: 'The Explorer struck a fence post in a driveway at 3980 South County Road 500 West.'
[...]
Explorer then veered off the driveway and hit a tree and a utility pole. The crash impact severed the utility pole.'

Wolford was pronounced dead once emergency responders arrived.
[...]
only had minor injuries.
[..]
the driver and the passenger were wearing seat belts at the time of the crash, according to police.

The investigation into the fatal car crash is ongoing and results from a toxicology test are pending.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-house-fatal-car-accident.html#ixzz3HnRZ36wW
2lve936.jpg
Accident: Epperly allegedly dragged the body of his girlfriend from their crashed 2004 Ford Explorer after he ran off the road and into a tree, fence post and utility pole
his FB
14o0p6x.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/phillip.epperly?fref=browse_search

Her Fb
w0gqas.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/karla.wolford.5?fref=ts
[...]
Tipton man drove his SUV into a tree after drinking and then dragged his dead girlfriend into their home.

Phillip Epperly, 49, from Tipton was preliminarily charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated and reckless homicide.
[...]
Deputies arrived at his home Thursday night, they found Epperly drinking a beer, while his girlfriend’s lifeless body lay on the living room floor.
[...]
Epperly dragged the body of his girlfriend, Karla Wolford, 38, from the wrecked SUV into their home and then called 911.
[...]
he was drunk when he barreled through the intersection of County Road 400 South and County Road 500 West in front of their house, through a fence, and into a tree and utility pole. Police believed the wreck killed Wolford almost instantly.

When first responders arrived, they performed CPR on Wolford. She was taken to the hospital last night where she was pronounced dead.
[...]
hearts were hurting Friday.

Wolford worked for a year at a market there. Her friends and coworkers were shocked and saddened to learn of her death.

“I just broke out in a cold sweat, my heart just started pounding; 38 years old – yeah, she was a really good worker and a loving mother,” said Pam Stewart
[...]
Friends say the mother of three had just really started to live her life.

“It kind of hit it home because I knew the lady,” said a friend of Wolford’s son.

“I used to help her in the middle school because she was a janitor there for a long time,”
[...]
We asked Stewart what it was like when she learned of Wolford’s death, “I just broke out in a cold sweat, my heart just started pounding,”
[...]
“She always was optimistic and happy and bubbly and loud,” said Lyndy Forsythe,
[...]
“My heart goes out to them; it’d be really, really hard. I have a son, he’s getting ready to turn two in about three months so I can understand and it has to be heartbreaking to them,” she said of Wolford’s three children.

Police are still investigating exactly how Wolford died. All the answers are pending that investigation as well as a toxicology report.
http://fox59.com/2014/10/31/boyfrie...dy-into-house-after-driving-drunk-police-say/

I think I'd be more disturbed if he was home drinking a beer with her body still in the wreck.

Wow, I'm surprised he survived that wreck. Sadly, the fucking drunks usually do though.

What in the world was he driving for anyway? I'm sure she couldn't have been near as drunk him and probably would have been the safer of the two and hopefully would have had the common sense not to get in the vehicle withhim that drunk. I'm thinking she might have died another way and was placed there just to look like she was in the wreck. How in the world would he have been able to remove her body from the wreckage anyway. The whole front passenger side was crumpled and the door doesn't look like it could have been opened not to mention the window area wouldn't have been able to fit her body through it. Drunk as he appears to have been, how would he have been able to get her body back all the way to the house. This just sounds to weird to even believe. I do hate it for her children because he apparently doesn't seem like the type that's going to be able to take care of them. I hope there's a strong support system for the children to take over their care permanently. He couldn't quit drinking even long enough to wait for the cops to get there.

What in the world was he driving for anyway? I'm sure she couldn't have been near as drunk him and probably would have been the safer of the two and hopefully would have had the common sense not to get in the vehicle withhim that drunk.
I was married to an abusive alcoholic. There was no saying "no" to him, if he wanted my ass in the car then my ass got in the car and shut the fuck up about it. I know better than to get in the car with a drunk and I'm lucky to be alive after all of it but for some women (and men) rolling the dice with the drunk behind the wheel is the lesser of the two evils because saying "no" guarantees of Hell of an ass-whoopin'.

Just a thought of why she would get in the car with him.

Just a thought of why she would get in the car with him.[/QUOTE]

I totally get your version of events. I hope life is a lot better for you now though! My father was the same way. He's still alive (I think) and I haven't seen him in over 30 years (and don't want to) and I remember him driving us around drunk out of his mind. Now that my memory has been juggled a little bit, I was so scared he was going to kill us. We must have had Guardian Angels watching over us.

Much, thank you! Happily married mama to 4! New Hubby has over 2 years clean and sober, I'm coming up on 3!

Congratulations on both of you for that! :smuggrin: Tell me how to break my addiction to Mountain Dew please!

Pfft, I can't get of the coffee and Diet Pepsi for nothing. There's no hope for soda addicts, I'm convinced.;)

Pfft, I can't get of the coffee and Diet Pepsi for nothing. There's no hope for soda addicts, I'm convinced.;)[/QUOTE]

I am convinced there's no hope for me either. Before my husband died he tried to quit smoking (several times). Like he said "it's a dog fight and the dog's winning". If the drug companies could just come up with some type of pill that made everything taste bitter maybe then I would only eat when I'm hungry and go straight to water! :nailbiting:

c
Pfft, I can't get of the coffee and Diet Pepsi for nothing. There's no hope for soda addicts, I'm convinced.;)
old turkey is the only way with soda, quit drinkin it close to the end of summer and the first couple of weeks just about killed me but now don't crave it: it's the carbonation

Back