• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
A police officer who shot and killed his ex-wife in a fit of jealous rage is facing up to 30 years in jail after pleading guilty to aggravated manslaughter on Thursday.

Philip Seidle, 51, was driving in New Jersey in June last year with his seven-year-old daughter in the car when he chased down, crashed into and then fired 12 shots at a car being driven by his ex-wife Tamara Wilson-Seidle, killing her.

Seidle, who said he flew into a jealous rage after discovering that Wilson was living with another man, then sent a text to his nine children saying: 'Your mother is dead because of her actions.'

Seidle had previously denied murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in jail, saying Wilson caused him mental health issues after trying to alter the custody arrangements he had with his children, aged between seven and 24.

In a statement read outside Monmouth County Superior Court, a representative for the family said they eventually accepted a plea for aggravated manslaughter 'to avoid further trauma to our family'.

Meanwhile prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni branded the killing 'hands down one of the ugliest cases we have seen' in Monmouth County history.

Gramiccioni said he will ask for a 30 year jail term when Seidle is sentenced later this year, the Asbury Park Press reports, with a minimum of 25 years before being considered for parole.

Seidle's defense lawyers have indicated they will ask for a sentence between 10 and 20 years. The maximum sentence for aggravated manslaughter is 30 years. Seidle also pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of a child.

Seidle appeared unrepentant in court, however, telling CBS New York: 'She condemned me to my children for three and a half years for being with someone else.

'I never even introduced my kids to my lady, and now she moves this guy in and basically replaces me with him, makes him their father.'

The shooting took place on June 16 when Seidle was driving through Neptune Township, New Jersey, with his daughter while on the way to buy a dress for a father-daughter dance.

At around 11.30am Seidle, a U.S. Navy veteran and police officer with 22 years service, spotted a black Volkswagen Jetta being driven by his ex-wife.

The couple had been separated for three and a half years, the court heard, but had finalized their divorce 24 days before and that day Seidle said he had discovered she was living with another man.

The father-of-nine flew into a rage and began chasing Wilson, a pursuit which only ended after she crashed into a parked car.

Witnesses said Seidle then climbed out of his vehicle, walked over to her car, and fired several shots through the windshield with his service-issue .40 Glock handgun.

Seidle then aimed the weapon at his own head and walked around to the driver's side of the vehicle before firing several more shots through the side window.

During the standoff, Seidle is accused of texting a friend, saying: 'I got tired of Tamara's s*** so I shot her.'

Police officers who happened to be in the neighborhood for an unrelated traffic accident claim to have seen the shooting unfold before taking the child from her father's silver Honda Pilot.

Tamra was taken to hospital with multiple gunshot wounds where she later died, while the seven-year-old was uninjured.

Meanwhile Seidle continued aiming the gun at his own head and held officers at bay for up to half an hour before surrendering.
LINK

Dude...does the word, EX-wife, mean anything to you??? She can do what the fuck she wants. It was plain, simple jealousy.

Another shithead who thinks a woman is a tool to be owned.

I hope this sanctimonious asshole gets the 30 years.

I hope the children all realize that none of this was the mother's fault and they never have anything to do with their father again. It must be horrible to lose both parents like this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ears-killing-ex-wife-front-daughter/91306278/
FREEHOLD, N.J. — "He's here, he's coming to kill me, call 911,'' Tamara Wilson-Seidle told her oldest daughter in one of her last phone calls on June 16, 2015.

"Take this, b****,'' her ex-husband, former Neptune police Sgt. Philip Seidle said, as he took aim and fired 12 shots at her.

"Dad shot Mom and almost got me into a car accident,'' the couple's youngest daughter, 7-year-old Teresa Seidle, wrote in her diary that day.

Marc LeMieux, first assistant Monmouth County prosecutor, relayed those statements Thursday to Superior Court Judge Joseph W. Oxley before the judge sentenced Seidle to 30 years in prison for killing his ex-wife.

Seidle called his ex-wife incessantly that morning, wanting to know if her new boyfriend was in her house, LeMieux said.

"She hung up on him,'' the assistant prosecutor said. "He called her back and he told her he was going to kill her.''

Then, with his 7-year-old in the car, he hunted his ex-wife "like an animal in broad daylight and he killed her in front of her daughter,'' LeMieux said.

Seidle chased his ex-wife through the streets of Asbury Park and, shortly before noon at Sewell and Ridge avenues, he rammed into her car, wedging it into a parked car, LeMieux said.

Wilson-Seidle, 51, tried to get out of her car. Her ex-husband stopped her, LeMieux said.

"He pushed her back in and fired seven rounds in rapid succession while saying, 'I told you so,'" LeMieux said.

He went around to the front of his ex-wife's car and fired some more shots, "to make sure she was dead,'' he said.

Then, he sent a text message to his children blaming their mother's death on her actions, LeMieux said.
[....]
The killing occurred just weeks after the couple's divorce was finalized, after almost 25 years of marriage.

The judge said he understood from reading letters sent to him that Seidle was distraught over visitation arrangements with his children. But he noted that most of the couple's children, by then, wanted nothing to do with their father.

"To blame the victim in any way in this case would be a gross miscarriage of justice,'' the judge said.

The Seidle children, some addressing the judge in court and others who made statements to investigators, described a childhood growing up in a home rife with domestic violence, manipulation and infidelity.
[....]
When it was his turn to address the judge, the defendant at first apologized to the law enforcement officers who responded to the shooting. Then he apologized to his children, five of whom — including Kirsten and Philip Jr. — were seated in the front row of the courtroom. One of his daughters wept during the proceeding.

"I want to say, 'I'm sorry,' to my children — that's the biggest thing, my kids,'' Seidle said.

"Every day, since June 16, 2015, I've prayed for you all,'' he said. "Every night, I pray to send an angel down to you all.''

He said he also prays for the ex-wife whom he killed.

"I pray for her every day, without fail,'' he said.

Seidle must serve 25 1/2 years before he can be considered for release on parole, under the state's No Early Release Act. Oxley gave Seidle credit for 471 days he has already served in jail.

At the time of her death, Wilson-Seidle's nine children then ranged in age from 7 through 24. She was a soccer coach, devout Catholic, religious instructor at Mother of Mercy Parish in Asbury Park and a five-year breast cancer survivor.

Seidle appeared in court before Oxley on March 10 and admitted firing 12 shots at his ex-wife on the same day he had planned to take his youngest daughter to theMonmouth Mall to buy her a dress for a father-daughter dance.

Seidle pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter in a plea deal that spared him from life in prison without the possibility of parole. He also pleaded guilty to child endangerment for exposing his youngest daughter to the deadly encounter.

Oxley on Thursday sentenced Seidle to a concurrent, five-year prison term for the child endangerment.

Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said at the time of the guilty plea that he was confident his office could have secured a conviction against Seidle for murder, but he wanted to spare several of the couple’s children from the ordeal of having to testify against their father at a trial.

After the sentencing, Gramiccioni called Seidle's actions, "pure, unadulterated evil.''
[....]
The tragedy brought to light a long history of domestic violence in the Seidles’ Neptune household. Neptune police had documented 21 calls to the family’s home over two decades, some for reports of domestic violence.

Wilson-Seidle claimed in divorce papers that she was threatened and abused by her husband numerous times during their marriage. The abuse alleged in the divorce papers included an incident in which Seidle was said to have held a cocked gun to his wife’s head, and another time when he reportedly kicked her in the stomach while she was pregnant.

Because Wilson-Seidle never signed domestic violence complaints against her husband when police were called to their home, the marital disharmony never triggered a mandatory investigation and disarming of Seidle under attorney general guidelines, the prosecutor said. However, Neptune police went above what was required under the guidelines when, in 2012, they suspended and disarmed the sergeant because a doctor declared him unfit for duty after he tried to cancel a call for help that his wife had made to police. Eleven months later, Seidle returned to duty, and his weapon was returned to him, after he received medical clearance.

Seidle was suspended from duty a second time in 2013, for six months, but he was not disarmed then.

Back