• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
So, because someone has 55 traffic violations, that makes them a menace to society which in turn makes it completely ok for them to be killed? also, I've had to tell an officer that i had a gun while reaching under my seat for my wallet, i wasn't shot. we had a nice little convo about my 1911 and then i was let off with a warning for crossing over a solid white line. i also have a shit ton of traffic violations. maybe not quite 55. is 55 the limit? like, if i have one more than 54 i should be executed in front of my family? stop trying to make what they did to that man a normal everyday thing. it's not ok to shoot people. he got off because he was a cop, not because of the evidence placed before the courts.

Here's some fun facts for you @Megan1993

There are over 300 million registered guns in America, over 120 million of those are handguns. Legal guns. African Americans account for about 14% of legal gun registration. Just under half of registered gun owners are white.

The majority of cops who get shot while conducting traffic stops happens with unregistered illegal weapons. The majority of cops shot while on domestic calls happens with registered weapons.

There are about 322 million Americans.

I'll wait while you do the math...

This cop was caught up in the racial fear mongering and panicked. Plain and simple. When it comes to registered guns, he was far more likely to be shot by a white dude at a domestic call then he is to be shot by a black man during a traffic stop.

You made a kerfuffle about the sequence of events, Saying he reached in his pocket while announcing he had a gun. The cop who shot him never disputed that he was told he had a gun and had a CC before he asked for his ID. If the cop was so worried he should have had him stand hands raised against the car and gotten the ID himself. They do that. He asked him to get his ID after he knew there was a gun.

With the amount of people who have guns and CC permits now days having someone say they have one on them..not uncommon.

Last edited:
This cop was caught up in the racial fear mongering and panicked. Plain and simple.

I think this pretty much sums it up, sadly. I don't even think this cop (who is himself a person of color) was a horrible racist who spent his life hating blacks. But I think in that moment, the fact that the word "gun" was mentioned, combined with the suspect being black, was all it took for the cop to go into panic mode and start shooting, based on the stereotype that black people, especially black men, are all violent criminals liable to harm others at any second without warning.

I think this pretty much sums it up, sadly. I don't even think this cop (who is himself a person of color) was a horrible racist who spent his life hating blacks. But I think in that moment, the fact that the word "gun" was mentioned, combined with the suspect being black, was all it took for the cop to go into panic mode and start shooting, based on the stereotype that black people, especially black men, are all violent criminals liable to harm others at any second without warning.
I think a lot of what happened really comes down to the BLM, the media and the reaction of the public. Stereotyping only really played into because of the previous mentioned. Castile was shot right around the time that the BLM really started to gain momentum. When media was busy ramping up fears on both sides of the fence. When even law abiding citizens were vowing to gun down cops.

I think if this stop had happened 6 months prior the outcome would have been very different.

XD i think more than ten indicates you're an irresopnsible driver who ought not to drive. Thats the thing i watched the video the cop sounded like he was in fear of his life. Wheres the video of him being compliant to the officers orders up to the shooting? Its so amazing that the camera was whipped out after the fact.
[doublepost=1497974535,1497974417][/doublepost]
Another entirely circumstantial issue besides anyone out at 2 am underage aint up to no good anyway.
you obviously don't own a car nor do you drive everyday. the cop sounded like he was in fear for his life? no he sounded like he was in fear cause he just killed an innocent man. i mean, no one thought to record a routine traffic stop until a loved one was shot. that seems fucking normal to me. i don't think a family that had no warrants, no drugs, no drug money, and one registered weapon, would need to shoot a cop. why would he try and shoot a cop if he was not in fear of going to jail? that makes no fucking sense. since you're so good at reading things, tell me how a cop firing 4 shots in to a car with a 4 yo in it makes any sense. explain that shit to me. it's in their fucking training to do every thing you can but shoot around a child or innocent bystander.

XD yes but he said he a had gun and as the cop was screaming he said he told him not to reach. At this very best a huge misunderstanding worse the worst victim is a darwin prize winner. It doesn't make any sense to say i have gun before producing paper work. You really don't have to volunteer any uneeded info unless oh idk the cop has probable cause to search you. Even then it probably make much more sense to hand oh idk your license your cc etc. Etc. Then advise that you have gun. But your going with "wahh MUH RACISM" card and think of the children argument.
i don't fucking know where you come from, but that's one of the VERY FIRST questions asked when i get pulled over. "Are there any weapons in the car that i need to know about?" which once again, makes me believe you do not have a car and have never been pulled over before. they want to know before they even take your license if you are carrying a loaded weapon in your car. i haven't even spoken about the man's race. and yes, i'm pulling the child argument. it's a serious fucking question. inquiring minds want to know. if it's in your training to never fire your weapon around innocent bystanders unless absolutely necessary, why would you? oh, because you're scared? then you shouldn't be a fucking cop. you as a person should know your boundaries as well and try not to speak on things you're oblivious to.

I'm certain that when "officer" Yanez asked for Mr. Castile's driver license, Mr. Castile noticed that by doing so his gun will be exposed creating a difficult situation for "officer" Yanez so Mr. Castile decided to prevent it... of course, "officer" Yanez has the same mental impediment as any idiot who decides to blame an innocent victim. Of course, racism and idiocy goes hand by hand.
[doublepost=1498184528,1497976950][/doublepost]

How many times did this cop shoot at Mr Castile? I think I counted 5 shots, maybe 6. And how many times did he actually hit him, 4? Once, should have been sufficient, if he felt it so necessary to shoot, as he was obviously unarmed, and inside his vehicle. The weapon was in the vehicle but not on him. He even stated he wasn't reaching for the weapon. OVERKILL! And completely unnecessary. That cop shouldn't have been there. :\

I don't think shooting him was necessary at all!

~shadow

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...lice-shooting-philando-castile-trial.amp.html

Great article here.
Dash cam video newly released to the public is also available through this link.
Seeing him fire into the car like, he is so so so lucky he didn't kill them all, including the other cop on the passenger side.

This is one the cases I really wish the jury spoke out about their reasoning behind the verdict, even if it was through a note read by the judge. The bar for manslaughter isn't all that high. He should have been convicted.

For the record... (at least in my state)... when you take the class that's required to obtain a concealed carry license, they LITERALLY TEACH YOU to put your hands on the wheel or dash where they're both visible, and tell the cop you have a concealed gun and a permit as soon as they approach your window.

As others have stated, the very last thing you need is to put yourself in a situation where an officer thinks you're concealing the fact that you have a weapon because you plan on trying to get a drop on them.

This guy did every correctly and as instructed, and he's still dead with no justice.

So this outcome was A-OK, because he had a lot of traffic tickets, is that right? What's next? Will it be OK for stupid assholes to be murdered based on the racist ignorant blather they spew on crime forums? :penguin:

Seeing him fire into the car like, he is so so so lucky he didn't kill them all, including the other cop on the passenger side.

This is one the cases I really wish the jury spoke out about their reasoning behind the verdict, even if it was through a note read by the judge. The bar for manslaughter isn't all that high. He should have been convicted.
exactly, those jurors should have had to have watched all videos pertaining to this including the aftermath where they had his girlfriend, the passenger, handcuffed with her baby in the back of the police car. Being handcuffed like that after watching your other being blasted out in a small area after wholey complying with everything the cop asked would be traumatic for life. There are no excuses for this guys behavior and it's a running joke as there are cases where it has been proven to be common for a particular type of cops to yell don't move, keep your hands up, etc., when the person wasn't moving before they are jacked up. I think the jurors are either afraid or are sheep complying with what they think will get them the best pats on the head as the ruling was ridiculous. All cases can't be lumped together like some groups have tried. I do believe in deadly force when it is warranted but that goes both ways. There are so many way across the lines cases groups could be brings up and demanding justice for instead of or besides some of the peripheral young gangbanger thug running after a robbery or armed in a crime & shooting cases. Cases of basically murder, be it incompetence and fear, intentionally or screw up, like this is one, the old man that went out to his car at night in Fla for a cigarette and was shot & killed was one, the kid whose gf apparently sold a dime bag to an undercover and was in the car driving was one, the old man in Idaho that was called out of dinner to go get his bull and was shot by deputies was one, the little girl asleep on her own couch was one as well as every case of someone killed by bad intel of a strung out informant or wrong house or premeditated conspiracy, every individual put under an illegal erroneous investigation and affected by such for a criminal informant. No knock warrants have created many cases where the individuals involved should have been dismissed or charged, they need to be heavily monitored and given only under the circumstances they were created for not handed out like candy: In Calif undercovers have gotten away with murder either by themselves or informants they were directly involved in without even having to worry about their covers being compromised let alone blown or them being charged. This is an issue that has been going on in rotton pockets of the country for a couple decades and only getting worse as the good cops are too willing to turn a blind eye to the bad ones and rationalize entirely on having a badge. The agencies that are suppose to be upholding the laws should be the first on the bandwagons of dealing with people like yanez, first in his agency then the over agencies on up which rarely is happening.

Im sorry but its stupid to say "i have a gun." then reach into your pants pocket when stopped by police. No amount of race baiting blm hedindunuffin bs is going to change the fact that a. Dont tell the cops you have a gun and b.dont make uneccesary movements once you made it clear your packing.

Oh, Megan... I log in after months, only to see you've quoted me, and my internal response is, "OMG. Could it be? Has she finally grown the fuck up?" and that's the first alert I attend to because the suspense is just too much.

Sigh. Is this even English?

The man was asked for license and registration. He followed the CCL handbook by alerting the officer to the presence of a firearm that was being carried legally. The officer says "Okay", but never instructs him to place his hands on the wheel. Never instructs him to allow himself to be disarmed. None of the things competent cops are trained to ask.

Instead, like an idiot, he just says "don't pull it out,". Philando and his girlfriend repeatedly assert that that's not what's happening, but the bitch-ass, poorly trained derpman opens fire anyway. It is, in fact, the farthest thing from logic for a cop to assume the man who just respectfully and articulately informed you of a firearm is going to shoot you with it. Philando was expecting "put your hands on the wheel," and when he didn't hear it, he continued on with the request for ID.

This cop is a chump, and his acquittal is just more evidence of America's hardon for law enforcement.

You still calling yourself a Libertarian, honey? Still missing the mark, kiddo.

Holy shit how pathetic for megan, some former member here rebooted their long dead account JUST to come back and set their ignorant donkey brained ass straight.

How embarrassing.

[/QUOTE]
but you forgot the most important thing that really could have added up to most of those:
driving while being a black man. There was a cop in Carson that would wait on the side of the colony to pull everyone over just to harass us and look for things to cite.....This dude had no criminal record just mickey mouse crap he was pulled over for, was well liked in school and actually footeeed the bill for kids food when they din't have it
[doublepost=1505522712,1505522665][/doublepost]
Minnesota.

Not surprised the officer walks.
was really beside myself especially because then as added slaps in the face they released police video.This was the biggest travesty and I always will come back to this case when any cop is acquitted of another like it in a lesser degree. The same with the WTFs to people that came up with don't mention a gun thing

Last edited:
Back